Fs17 anyone else bored yet.

canadafarms

Re: Fs17 anyone else bored yet.

Post by canadafarms »

jenna_q wrote:Not to mention it would be very very boring and very frustrating at times. Now there are plenty of actual farmers who play the game and like it the way it is, they don't really need to change it.
Couldn't agree more Jenna, personally I play this game for a relaxing and enjoyable experience, not to be frustrated and mad because I can't get anywhere.
PS4
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

I'm not playing it as much, but that's a combination of not wanting to get burned out and going out a lot on the weekends.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Chainsawcrazy

Post by Chainsawcrazy »

Definetly bored. Went back to FS15. FS17 has been a massive let down for consoles due to the mod and script bullsh$t. It is just a fancy version of 15 but at least with 15 there is no mod and stuff to be left disappointed with. Definetly working on getting a PC. That would be constant fun as there's a huge amount of cool equipment that keeps being released by mod makers. Funny how I have over 600 hours on 15 and still ain't bored with it yet. I'was pushing a total of 300 hrs on 17 and got so bored with it I'd fall asleep playing the game. Also FYI I am not just a prick I just speak what I feel.
Infrastructure contractor tasty beef farmer
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Chainsawcrazy wrote:FS17 has been a massive let down for consoles due to the mod and script bullsh$t. It is just a fancy version of 15 but at least with 15 there is no mod and stuff to be left disappointed with.
I went from playing the previous three on PC to 17 on console and I've not been let down yet. All I miss is GPS but I knew we'd never see that from the get-go. I'm confused, you're let down by a lack of mods on 17 but like 15 because it doesn't have mods? Sincerely asking.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Chainsawcrazy wrote:Definetly bored. Went back to FS15. FS17 has been a massive let down for consoles due to the mod and script bullsh$t. It is just a fancy version of 15 but at least with 15 there is no mod and stuff to be left disappointed with. Definetly working on getting a PC. That would be constant fun as there's a huge amount of cool equipment that keeps being released by mod makers. Funny how I have over 600 hours on 15 and still ain't bored with it yet. I'was pushing a total of 300 hrs on 17 and got so bored with it I'd fall asleep playing the game. Also FYI I am not just a prick I just speak what I feel.
I am also genuinely confused as to y u r so bored and let down by fs17? please do take me the wrong way.. I'm not attacking u or anything like that.. but ive seen u say this on other threads as well and I'm not sure y.. I played fs15 and 17 on console before finally getting my pc and comparing 15 and 17 I don't understand y.. ok so maybe there aren't tons of mods for 17 on console (yet) but even just talking about the base game with no mods factored in.. 17 has more equipment and animals.. better graphics and gameplay mechanics and very nice new features like tip anywhere.. about a week or so before I got my pc I figured for giggles that I would go play some fs15 and it drove me crazy.. the graphics.. the game mechanics.. it was inferior in every way.. then factor in the limited equipment and I couldn't stand it.. now if we factor in the mods between maps and equipment that puts fs17 way ahead of the curve.. please detail what makes fs15 "better" so as to help us better understand your perspective.. I would honestly like to see a legit argument of facts presented on your viewpoint
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Chainsawcrazy

Post by Chainsawcrazy »

I just find 17 to be not all that it was cracked up to be. The equipment in 17 is marginally better but other then adding pigs really what has changed to make it so much better. I truly believe that if they figured out all mod stuff and put all platforms on the same plane it would have been a much better experience. PS4 almost didn't get mods and I read this on a gaming info website but in the end PS4 got mods but that was the turning point at which both console platforms ended up equal. If you read the tech articles before release the plan was to have all 4 platforms equal. Sony and Microsoft have ruined this game IMO. Y'all may think I am nuts but I tell things without sugarcoat. 15 runs so smooth on my Xbox it never glitches stutters kicks me out. I'm into the forestry mainly and there really
Ain't much diff between the two except for a small tree harvester and a chipper. I am just getting tired of reading about and experiencing the glitches and bugs and the mod thing were this is branded and this isn't and still don't come to materialize. I think giants should have put a lot more R&D into the whole mod thing and maybe released the hub on fs19. As I said if I come across as a prick that's not my intention. I just tell it likes it is eh. My 10 y/o son likes 17 mainly because the tractors haul ass faster then 15 but even he notices that what was proposed and what came out was disappointing.
Who knows maybe fs19 will knock it out of the park. I guess we will wait and see.
Infrastructure contractor tasty beef farmer
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

I have a save that I use just for goofing around and experimenting with different things. Sometimes if I get a little tired of playing the game the right way, I go into it and mess around with stuff and try different combinations of tools just to see what all will fit together and things like that.

Playing on PS4
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Please don't take this the wrong way as I am not trying to fight with anyone, but, this game is new, so there aren't going to be that many mods out for consoles. Consoles are actually getting mods for the first time, never got any for FS15 or FS2013. I just think we should all be happy with what the mods we have and should be happy we got any mods in the first place. This is major innovation to GIANTS with FS17 and probably why it sold so well, was most likely because of the mods on console. All I would say is that, if you don't like that console is not getting enough mods or no updates are coming fast enough, move to PC, there are like 12+ mods made every day for PC on many sites, but are not tested like what consoles get. I am not trying to convince anyone to play PC, or one platform from another, but that may be just the answer if you don't like what console is not getting. Or, there is the option of waiting and just being patient. :) Again, I am not trying start a fight or anything, just speaking my opinion. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

jenna_q wrote:
Case1370 wrote:Occasionally I do get burnt out from playing FS, but its because of the lack of realism and lack of challenge. Im sure part of that is because IRL I have been around farming my whole life and when you have been around it for well over 40 yrs like I have, and they make a game to replicate what you have done your whole life, and they dont come close to replicating it, then that game can tend to get boring at times.

I think if Giants were to do a better job of replicating what we go thru IRL, then it would be more of a challenge to play, and then not only us real life farmers wouldnt get bored with it, but neither would those non farmers that enjoy this game. Most people in this world like to be challenged when playing a game, whether it be a sports game, war game, or a simulation style game. With FS there is absolutley no challenge what at all. There are bad yrs, or very good yrs in the game, you add 3 layers of fertilizer and your crops will yield the same ever time, you feed your livestock and keep clean bedding down for them and they produce at a 100% level. There are no variables at all to success with this game, as there is IRL.

Now some things they wont ever be able to replicate what we do IRL, and that fine, after all this is just a game, but they could do a much better job of simulating what farming is all about. They have to put seasons in the game, so there is a spring,summer,fall and winter in, and they have to start adding in variables, so some yrs are just bad yrs, and you have no choice but to go to the bank and ask for a loan. Add more varibles to crop rotation, and only let you plant that crop at the time of yr its planted IRL, depending on the region of the world you farm in. They also need to do away with missions, and add in cash renting land, and bidding against other farmers, and not all fields should be able to be bought at any time you want.

I play the game and run my virtual farm, as I have done my farm IRL, but there are only so many house rules so to speak you can do, to make things more interesting. Im sure to add the things I have mentioned would take a lot of coding by the devs. There have been other farm games, like John Deere American farmer, that added more realism, but the game was so buggy it was basically unplayable, and we definitely dont need FS to go overboard and put out a unplayable game by any means, but Im sure they have devs that are capable of putting out a more realistic simulation of farming then they currently do at this time.
They could, make things more realistic to simulate the real thing, but I don't see them doing that. The game has to appeal to a wide range of people, if you make it as realistic and as hard as real farming you are going to cut that audience down drastically. Not to mention it would be very very boring and very frustrating at times. Now there are plenty of actual farmers who play the game and like it the way it is, they don't really need to change it.

Well I have farmed my whole life, so obviously I know they cant make perfect to what we do IRL, but they sure could add much more in way of realism. There is a reason they have easy, normal and hard mode, so either make things more realistic for hard mode, or add a more true to life mode into the game.

I see even those who know nothing about farming who play this game, that think the game should be more of a challenge, and Im pretty sure most of us real life farmers feel the game should be more realistic in way of being a challenge, so its not just about driving equipment around and making money. Now Im sure some of the young kids, whether they have any clue about farming or not, are probably fine with it as is, but I tend to think if there was a poll taken, there would be more people, no matter whether they farm IRL or not that would like to see it be more of a challenge than it is now.

Nothing wrong with Giants having a easy mode for all those who just want to drive around equipment and rack up money without any type of thought process at all, but as they game is now, you dont have to have any thought process at all to play on hard mode an make money. Not saying they need to add massive droughts or floods in the game, or have a tornado come thru and wipe you out, but more diversity in crop yields, and for them to make livestock more of a challenge in game, rather than just feeding them and selling them at a set amount always is definitely something they could do. Also instead of missions, why not make it so you have to cash rent land, and bid against other farmers, or actually add in custom farming, where you use your own equipment and haul the grain to town, rather than the missions where you just drive back in forth in a set amount of time and get paid for it. Now the mission in FS17 is better than it use to be in past games, but it could ave been so much better, an realistic, oh and do away with a time limit on how you get paid, it should be by the quality of work, not how fast you get the job done.

I dont know maybe Im wrong, as this generation of kids, dont really seem to have any competitiveness in them, they want something for nothing and without having to work hard for it. So maybe this generation of kids also dont want their games to have any type of challenge to them. I sure hope thats not entirely the case, and while kids may not have the work ethic of past generations, I still hope they have some type of competitiveness to them to where they would like to be challenge somewhat in a video game.

I think Giants is slowly working their way to making things more realistic as 17 is improved form what 15 was, and they can only do so much with each game cycle, otherwise they star adding in too much, the game would have more bugs for them to patch. If there ever comes a time, and Giants gets some competition for a farming game, then they will need to step things up on the realism side, or they will end up losing quite a bit of business. Dont know if Cattle and Crops will be able to come close to FS, but if they are able to, then Giants wont have a choice but to step thing up. Personally I think it would take a company a few years to catch up to what FS is as far as being stable, as we have seen other farm games crash and burn trying to add more realism and there game being to unstable to play. I enjoy FS very much, and I just want to see them do well.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Chainsawcrazy wrote:I just find 17 to be not all that it was cracked up to be. The equipment in 17 is marginally better but other then adding pigs really what has changed to make it so much better. I truly believe that if they figured out all mod stuff and put all platforms on the same plane it would have been a much better experience. PS4 almost didn't get mods and I read this on a gaming info website but in the end PS4 got mods but that was the turning point at which both console platforms ended up equal. If you read the tech articles before release the plan was to have all 4 platforms equal. Sony and Microsoft have ruined this game IMO. Y'all may think I am nuts but I tell things without sugarcoat. 15 runs so smooth on my Xbox it never glitches stutters kicks me out. I'm into the forestry mainly and there really
Ain't much diff between the two except for a small tree harvester and a chipper. I am just getting tired of reading about and experiencing the glitches and bugs and the mod thing were this is branded and this isn't and still don't come to materialize. I think giants should have put a lot more R&D into the whole mod thing and maybe released the hub on fs19. As I said if I come across as a prick that's not my intention. I just tell it likes it is eh. My 10 y/o son likes 17 mainly because the tractors haul ass faster then 15 but even he notices that what was proposed and what came out was disappointing.
Who knows maybe fs19 will knock it out of the park. I guess we will wait and see.

The consoles will never be equal to the PC version of the game. Thats not to put down those who play on the consoles, heck I wish the consoles were equal to the PC version, as I would rather play on the console than the PC, but it wont ever happen. Consoles just have to many restrictions that the PC dont. This game is a PC game, that Giants convereted to the consoles to make some extra $'s, but even if they could make the console equal to the PC, there are some mods that just wont ever be able to go from the PC to console, because of how the scripts work, or that from my understanding anyway, but I really dont know anything about how this stuff works under the hood, it just seems thats what holds the consoles back on getting the better mods than add realism to the game. That along with I suppose is a lack of power of the consoles to the PC's.

I think if your a fan of this game, and want a more enjoyable experience and the addition of realism in the game, then you need to buy a PC unfortunately. I know these things arent cheap and not a lot of people have that kind of money to have both a console and a gaming PC, but if you do have the finances then It really is a must if you want to enjoy FS to the fullest.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Farmer John 16 wrote:I have a save that I use just for goofing around and experimenting with different things. Sometimes if I get a little tired of playing the game the right way, I go into it and mess around with stuff and try different combinations of tools just to see what all will fit together and things like that.

Awesome :)
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Farmer John 16 wrote:
Lol! How is that baler getting PTO power?
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

O' oh it's magic! You know! :-P
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Ahh...
I actually found a book about that.

FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Lol dude