Console or pc?

Jagtractor

Re: Console or pc?

Post by Jagtractor »

Guil wrote:Jagtractor the difference isn't that big between the PS4 and pro. Someone here posted two pics of the same field from the same spot on both concours and the difference is negligible in draw distance in particular.
Yeah my bad, I just noticed that post. It seemed better than that in my memory . But then again I wasn't comparing it side by side like that, that makes a big difference. I have a feeling some guys on PC do the same thing as I just did and say it's a huge difference between the the pro and pc when in reality it isn't that far off.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm constantly at it too and as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Jagtractor wrote:
Guil wrote:Jagtractor the difference isn't that big between the PS4 and pro. Someone here posted two pics of the same field from the same spot on both concours and the difference is negligible in draw distance in particular.
Yeah my bad, I just noticed that post. It seemed better than that in my memory . But then again I wasn't comparing it side by side like that, that makes a big difference. I have a feeling some guys on PC do the same thing as I just did and say it's a huge difference between the the pro and pc when in reality it isn't that far off.
You can set the foliage draw distance to what ever you want on the PC as long as your PC is powerful enough to handle it. Mine is set to about 5x further than on the PS4 Pro and still run at 60fps solid at a 4k resolution. Field 5 on Goldcrest I can see full detailed crops to the end on the field. It is night and day.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

That is awesome how far you can see with that setup. However you processor and gpu together cost almost twice as much as the ps4 pro. So I would certainly hope that you could see that far in the game. It is still a cool setup though
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Jagtractor wrote:That is awesome how far you can see with that setup. However you processor and gpu together cost almost twice as much as the ps4 pro. So I would certainly hope that you could see that far in the game. It is still a cool setup though
Yeah, my PC was 4x the cost of my PS4 Pro to build, but that is only because I went all out because I wanted to be able to play in 4K.
You could build something that will play my settings in 1080p for less than half of that.

I can see the appeal of consoles though. This is my first PC and was a console gamer all my life till late last year.
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

I play on pc , ps and oldest son has Xbox. All are fun to play on the big kicker for me on pc is ability to mod and edit. Download a mod that's overpowered. That can be edited. Love that new map but hate the gates or those bushes ya can't cut down to join those 2 fields together. Open editor and delete them. Plus all the scripts and realism and add on mods out there. I like to use a lot of mods it keeps the game fresher for me. If I get a bad mod I remove it and delete it and everything is fine. Fs13 was only reason I bought a PC. And I have bout 550 into my PC controller and all. Running a 4350 AMD and gtx950 nothing special but plays everything I want
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Hello all, I've got a question for you PC players. I've got a PC that at the time (3yrs ago) was a really decent close to top of the line PC that was bought for my wife while she was going to school. My question is, is it possible to upgrade the hardware to new and better (current) components? Please have helpful and positive input. Thank you
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Can you post up the list of specs? Download and run cpuz and cpuz and post the results here.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Yeah I'll try, I'm not the best at computer stuff so it might take me a little bit.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

mountaincowboy wrote:Yeah I'll try, I'm not the best at computer stuff so it might take me a little bit.
Go to Start>Accessories> System Tools> System Information

Your specs will be in there

Also, is it a desktop or a laptop? Unlikely you will be able to upgrade a laptop.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Might be more of a delay then thought, I think the video card is toast and all I can get on the screen is the mouse pointer.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

mountaincowboy wrote:Might be more of a delay then thought, I think the video card is toast and all I can get on the screen is the mouse pointer.
There should be ports on the motherboard as well that will use the CPU integrated graphics rather than the graphics card. See if those work.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

I tried all ports on the tower, including different monitors and I consistently get the same result... Black screen for a few seconds with only the mouse pointer being able to be moved around.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Could be that Windows can't start, press ctrl alt and del at the same time on the keyboard and task manager should pop up. Click run or new process and type explorer.exe and hit enter.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

I tried that also and I still have the black screen.