Console or pc?

mountaincowboy

Re: Console or pc?

Post by mountaincowboy »

Is ram your processing power? Sorry if I ask so many questions, like I said above, I know little to nothing about PC's.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Guil wrote:16gb ram is overkill imo.
Consoles have 8GB and they struggle with slot counts. 16GB ensures you can have all the equipment, bales etc. you want, plus some mod maps use up a lot more slots than the default maps. Plus FS19 will surly be even more Ram hungry.

Its not something absolutely necessary but it is nice to have.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Ok question, since I have an Xbox One and know about the slot count. I've got like four or feel very maps loaded and a bunch of modded and non modded equipment for each map and I've still got, I think my lowest slot count is around 300 or so and I can't honestly foresee me going any lower because I literally have more equipment and machinery then I use. So the 16GB recommendation is just holy more then should be ever needed idea.?
Guil

Post by Guil »

I wouldn't worry about the ram. Plenty of users here have said they play on high with 8gb and no problems.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

I'm sure I'll upgrade it at some point but I think for now it'll be just great for everything we do plus more.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I can confirm the 8GB on High and not having any RAM problems whatsoever. 8GB is enough for gaming, 16GB may be future proof, but for this game, 8GB is well enough.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Thank you all very much for all of your help and input. It's extremely appreciated!!!
Bretticus

Post by Bretticus »

Why are console users not getting the same experience .... We paid for the game and likely we paid more for it
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Bretticus wrote:Why are console users not getting the same experience .... We paid for the game and likely we paid more for it
Do a little reading on the forum to better understand how it works.....in short we will never have all the mods they have for a lot of different reasons.
PS4
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

Bretticus wrote:Why are console users not getting the same experience .... We paid for the game and likely we paid more for it
To put it bluntly, console can't hack it. I'm a Xbox user myself so yeah I'm butt hurt too. We paid more because of Microsoft and Sony, not giants. It's like the Dlc, I was on the forza forums talking about dlc prices... one of the devs had commented that it's Microsoft who say how much the dlc will be etc so, if it's true, giants aren't at fault :)
Bretticus

Post by Bretticus »

That's all well and good and of course I understand the implications and reasons but there is surley certain things we can still receive regardless of our consoles like less maps more vehicles
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Bretticus wrote:That's all well and good and of course I understand the implications and reasons but there is surley certain things we can still receive regardless of our consoles like less maps more vehicles

That's not Giants either. That's the mod makers not wanting to/ not caring enough to send their stuff to Giants to get approved for consoles, the mods contain scripts or they are a mod of a non licenced manufacturer
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

8Gb ram is all I have too and its more than ok for it.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

8GB is plenty.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

If you want more mods that you can possibly use in the game, go PC. If you're wanting the game on PC just to get JD equipment and the GPS, Follow Me mods, then that's all fine and dandy. I don't use JD equipment or the GPS and Follow me mods. Overrated to be honest.

I'm throughly enjoying the game on the PS4.

Whatever you choose....happy farming
the big print giveth the small print taketh