Console or pc?

Jaysmith92

Console or pc?

Post by Jaysmith92 »

Hi there, I've been playing fs17 on PS4 and really enjoy it but it frustrates me that there appears to be better mods on pc. My question is, would it be worth me going over to pc? And would I get more from the game? Thanks Jamie
Last edited by Jaysmith92 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psn-jaysmith92
Paeppchen

Re: Console or pic?

Post by Paeppchen »

Hi Jamie,
That's a question only you can answer. If you already said there is a whole lot more mods available for pic and you would be able to use scripts, which is not possible on console. I don't know if you own an pc or if the one you have is able enough to run the game, but if you have one already, I would use the pc for it. You could then even start with modding or mapping yourself. At least you could alter maps and mods to your liking.
That's my thought on the matter. But remember you yourself have to make the decision!
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Of course you would, There are hundreds of mods for PC, Loads of different Maps.....So yes I think you would be better off with a PC. It won't be cheap to get a good gaming spec PC but worth it in the end.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I agree with Rolf, if you have a PC already, the game is better on PC. There is a mod for almost everything. I wanted grass in the hayloft, so I made a mod for that, but I later found someone had posted a similar mod online. And the script mods add another layer to gameplay and extending the game's lifespan.
Jaysmith92

Post by Jaysmith92 »

Thank you for all your quick replys. I do own a pc which I think runs windows 7 but haven't really used it for gaming before just music. I ran games on pc a few years ago but then of games was often not made with most decent games that are out now. What sort of pcs do people run? Are laptops man enough if a decent one is found?
psn-jaysmith92
Preble 818

Re: Console or pc?

Post by Preble 818 »

You need 2ghz processor 4gb ram and 2g video memory. That's the minimum. And you will definitely get more out of the game. You may even find yourself getting into other games if your pc is decent. Like Paeppchen said even altering the maps is great and makes all the difference in the world to me.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

For what it's worth... I tried FS15 on PC. My PC exceeded the minimum specs by a lot, and even had a dedicated graphics card but I could never run it smoothly on more than low settings. PC was a lot better because of the mods, but at the end of the day console seemed to fit me more. With my PS4 I can just lay back on the couch and fire it up with the controller, and although the game may not look as good as a high end PC, it still kicks the stuff out of my PC in terms of graphics. As I said I really liked the mods on PC, but the other thing that made me choose console this time around was the fact that many of the mods I wanted (John Deere tractors) never looked "up to spec". What I mean by that is all of the great mods I found, were simply ruined because they just looked like garbage compared to Giants own vehicles in the game. So as everybody said, in the end it is up to you. But I just wanted to share my main reasons for going with console this time, as I have tried both...
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Do NOT get a laptop! You will regret it for gaming...
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Do NOT get a laptop! You will regret it for gaming...
What is the big down side on a laptop? I had to spend a little more on one that has a designated graphic card but handles gaming fine with two joysticks.
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I would say yes its absolutely worth it to get a pc.. aside from the fact that there r so many amazing mods for this game on pc there r also many other reasons to make the change.. my game runs smoother and looks better and not just this game but other games I enjoy like 7 days to die.. games on pc also tend to be further ahead on updates and even the games that r on the same version between the platforms tend to release the updates much sooner for pc.. also there is a huge variety of games not available to consoles including bunches of free games.. u can upgrade your pc every couple years (if needed) as opposed to replacing a console so in the short term its a bit more expensive but the long term will pay for itself.. to get a nice starter rig that can be upgraded as time progresses and demand dictates is only between $500-$600 which compared to a console that typically releases with a $500+ price sticker and only drops after its been out for awhile and will need replaced in 3-5 years isn't exactly breaking the bank.. and back to the point of this post.. mods.. tons of mods.. and not just for fs17 either but pretty well most games that u install directly to the pc will have mods.. so yea.. I'm sold on pc.. logically its is the best step a console gamer can make.. in fact I need to change my signature because I have actually sold my xbone and sworn off consoles forever.. my gf and I both game strictly on pc now because of all the above mentioned reasons and we couldn't be happier about it
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Dfarmer36 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Do NOT get a laptop! You will regret it for gaming...
What is the big down side on a laptop? I had to spend a little more on one that has a designated graphic card but handles gaming fine with two joysticks.
It is because they are small, are more easy to overheat, not as much airflow, expensive for less, etc.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I would say it depends on just how many games you plan to play on the PC. If your current machine can't run it and if you only want it to play Farming Sim, I wouldn't say it would be worth the money to go out and buy a gaming capable rig for one game. Though if are going to switch right over to gaming on a PC why not, just know that there can be other headaches involved with PC gaming and that it isn't as plug and play like the consoles are.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just on the whole pc building, I don't think it's as cheap as some are making out. Even to run minimum specs for fs17 I can't imagine you would get everything needed for a pc including mouse, keyboard, OS, monitor and possible speakers as well and maybe also a desk and chair.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

No need for a desk and chair if you keep your pc connected to the TV and use a wireless mouse keyboard combo. I farm on my pc the same place I do on my ps4. I sit at the desk for EVE but that's a bit more intensive :)
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes but that wireless mouse and keyboard is still an added cost.