High End HP tractors not needed, whats your input

lexiontech

Re: High End HP tractors not needed, whats your input

Post by lexiontech »

BigC92 wrote:
lexiontech wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:
Then I guess you haven't looked good enough.

I've been in ND for 8 months, working on a 10.000 hectare farm, but seen enough regular tractors driving on the fields doing tillage works.
24,000 acres? must need a lot of front wheel assists to get that amount of land tilled... Maybe the rancher who has 1-2k acres of farmland will use them for a primary tillage machine, but from most places I have been in the state, everyone has at least one 4wd to do their tillage work and pull air cart. Farms in my area average 3 to 10k acres, and even on some of the smaller farms you will see two 4WD's.
We have a sheriff just outside of town who has a challenger track tractor, and harvest with a 7088 case combine, but i just once seen a wheeled case ih 450 hd 4x4 tractor and a 380 magnum tractor spreading manure, well getting ready to atleast, we dont see them big 4x4 tractor that often around here.
Yeah I'm sure people do things differently everywhere you go. In my area, North Central ND, land is very flat and people use large implements to cover as much ground as they can per pass. When I was little my one grandpas biggest tractors were w 2wd 1720's and he did everything with those tractors, but he was only farming 800 acres, now he doesn't farm anymore he rents his land. Now days you just don't see the smaller tractors in my area doing heavy field work. With the land flat enough to accommodate cultivators over 60 feet, people are buying one tractor to do the work of two, not to mention with the weather we have been getting lately you are lucky to even get by with a typical 4WD anymore unless you want to leave good portions of your land untouched, many people have gone to tracked machines. I don't know where everyone else is from I am just saying how it is done around my area. And as for not looking good enough in my home state, I wouldn't know every square inch of ND, when its mid farming season I am not touring the state checking out every tom dick and harry's 300 acre farm equipment line up, I only see the other farmers with land around ours.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

lexiontech wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
lexiontech wrote: 24,000 acres? must need a lot of front wheel assists to get that amount of land tilled... Maybe the rancher who has 1-2k acres of farmland will use them for a primary tillage machine, but from most places I have been in the state, everyone has at least one 4wd to do their tillage work and pull air cart. Farms in my area average 3 to 10k acres, and even on some of the smaller farms you will see two 4WD's.
We have a sheriff just outside of town who has a challenger track tractor, and harvest with a 7088 case combine, but i just once seen a wheeled case ih 450 hd 4x4 tractor and a 380 magnum tractor spreading manure, well getting ready to atleast, we dont see them big 4x4 tractor that often around here.
Yeah I'm sure people do things differently everywhere you go. In my area, North Central ND, land is very flat and people use large implements to cover as much ground as they can per pass. When I was little my one grandpas biggest tractors were w 2wd 1720's and he did everything with those tractors, but he was only farming 800 acres, now he doesn't farm anymore he rents his land. Now days you just don't see the smaller tractors in my area doing heavy field work. With the land flat enough to accommodate cultivators over 60 feet, people are buying one tractor to do the work of two, not to mention with the weather we have been getting lately you are lucky to even get by with a typical 4WD anymore unless you want to leave good portions of your land untouched, many people have gone to tracked machines. I don't know where everyone else is from I am just saying how it is done around my area. And as for not looking good enough in my home state, I wouldn't know every square inch of ND, when its mid farming season I am not touring the state checking out every tom dick and harry's 300 acre farm equipment line up, I only see the other farmers with land around ours.
It's the same here in Manitoba. In all my life. In my specific area anyway, I've only seen a handful of fwa tractors doing any big work in the fields. Oh they are out there im sure, but the ones I've seen are usually just spreading manure or if they are big enough pulling the grain cart. Amd the one farmer I know that has the fwa tractor (it's a magnum by the way) is a dairy farmer. So not large amounts of land and i see why he wouldn't want a big 4wd then. He can probably get that tractor into areas that the 4wd can't get cause they are too big. So a 4wd would be used only half as much for him.
Like lexiontech says I don't know every square inch of my area but I do know almost every farmer that I personally know has one or two 4wd tractors and we all use them for roughly 1000 up to 10,000 acres of land. Even the smaller guy that has 800 Acres or so will have and older 4wd doing the big work. Then any other tractor will a 2wd to do the grunt work.
You even drive by the dealerships and there might be one FWA sitting in with about 6 other 4wd tractors in the case dealership. Same with our John deere and new Holland dealerships. So they must move them to at least bring one to the dealership. But I don't know who's buying them.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

lexiontech wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
lexiontech wrote: 24,000 acres? must need a lot of front wheel assists to get that amount of land tilled... Maybe the rancher who has 1-2k acres of farmland will use them for a primary tillage machine, but from most places I have been in the state, everyone has at least one 4wd to do their tillage work and pull air cart. Farms in my area average 3 to 10k acres, and even on some of the smaller farms you will see two 4WD's.
Im originally from northern Nebraska, Oakdale, Nebraska to be exact, there was this field across the road from us, we knew something was dead cause the were bald eagles just piled everywhere, its a site to see, we knew that town so well, you could blind fokd us, tell us to go to so n so's house, and we'd be at the right house, we burned wood, everybody would say sure go right ahead and cut wood, now 14 years later, the bank took the house, moved to southeast-ish to a crappy town called Alexandria, it stinks to go somewhere where you dont know anyone, from a town where you know everybody. I miss it.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Jagtractor wrote:
lexiontech wrote:
BigC92 wrote: We have a sheriff just outside of town who has a challenger track tractor, and harvest with a 7088 case combine, but i just once seen a wheeled case ih 450 hd 4x4 tractor and a 380 magnum tractor spreading manure, well getting ready to atleast, we dont see them big 4x4 tractor that often around here.
It's the same here in Manitoba. In all my life. In my specific area anyway, I've only seen a handful of fwa tractors doing any big work in the fields. Oh they are out there im sure, but the ones I've seen are usually just spreading manure or if they are big enough pulling the grain cart. Amd the one farmer I know that has the fwa tractor (it's a magnum by the way) is a dairy farmer. So not large amounts of land and i see why he wouldn't want a big 4wd then. He can probably get that tractor into areas that the 4wd can't get cause they are too big. So a 4wd would be used only half as much for him.
Like lexiontech says I don't know every square inch of my area but I do know almost every farmer that I personally know has one or two 4wd tractors and we all use them for roughly 1000 up to 10,000 acres of land. Even the smaller guy that has 800 Acres or so will have and older 4wd doing the big work. Then any other tractor will a 2wd to do the grunt work.
You even drive by the dealerships and there might be one FWA sitting in with about 6 other 4wd tractors in the case dealership. Same with our John deere and new Holland dealerships. So they must move them to at least bring one to the dealership. But I don't know who's buying them.
Yeah like i said, we been here for 14 years, and still dont know anyone, honestly we dont care too, we usually keep to our selfs, but if a farmer needs help, ill be glad to help, makes me feel good about myself to help others, never driven a tractor before in my life, besides my mowers, but im willing to learn.
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

BigC92 wrote:
Jagtractor wrote:
lexiontech wrote: Yeah I'm sure people do things differently everywhere you go. In my area, North Central ND, land is very flat and people use large implements to cover as much ground as they can per pass. When I was little my one grandpas biggest tractors were w 2wd 1720's and he did everything with those tractors, but he was only farming 800 acres, now he doesn't farm anymore he rents his land. Now days you just don't see the smaller tractors in my area doing heavy field work. With the land flat enough to accommodate cultivators over 60 feet, people are buying one tractor to do the work of two, not to mention with the weather we have been getting lately you are lucky to even get by with a typical 4WD anymore unless you want to leave good portions of your land untouched, many people have gone to tracked machines. I don't know where everyone else is from I am just saying how it is done around my area. And as for not looking good enough in my home state, I wouldn't know every square inch of ND, when its mid farming season I am not touring the state checking out every tom dick and harry's 300 acre farm equipment line up, I only see the other farmers with land around ours.
Yeah like i said, we been here for 14 years, and still dont know anyone, honestly we dont care too, we usually keep to our selfs, but if a farmer needs help, ill be glad to help, makes me feel good about myself to help others, never driven a tractor before in my life, besides my mowers, but im willing to learn.
Tractors are just a bigger more complicated mower when it comes down to operation. Hell i started out on pedal powered international harvester with a wagon before I got to move up to the riding lawn mower. Add a few levers and buttons at a time, a few years experience and you can drive anything. By 13 I was running grain cart and chisel plowing on my own. I am stuck working as an ag field tech at a dealership right now until my wife is finishes college, still get to go home and help on the farm on the weekends but I can't wait to get back to my hometown full time.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

lexiontech wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Jagtractor wrote: It's the same here in Manitoba. In all my life. In my specific area anyway, I've only seen a handful of fwa tractors doing any big work in the fields. Oh they are out there im sure, but the ones I've seen are usually just spreading manure or if they are big enough pulling the grain cart. Amd the one farmer I know that has the fwa tractor (it's a magnum by the way) is a dairy farmer. So not large amounts of land and i see why he wouldn't want a big 4wd then. He can probably get that tractor into areas that the 4wd can't get cause they are too big. So a 4wd would be used only half as much for him.
Tractors are just a bigger more complicated mower when it comes down to operation. Hell i started out on pedal powered international harvester with a wagon before I got to move up to the riding lawn mower. Add a few levers and buttons at a time, a few years experience and you can drive anything. By 13 I was running grain cart and chisel plowing on my own. I am stuck working as an ag field tech at a dealership right now until my wife is finishes college, still get to go home and help on the farm on the weekends but I can't wait to get back to my hometown full time.
If you love what your doing, why stop? And my dad said if your tall enough to see over the steering wheel, you can drive tractor, there was a time in my life, i was a late late bloomer, mom and dad we going to make the doctors inject me with growth steroids, glad they didn't, cause im now 6'2 or 6'3, was 5'11.