Re: Can we get this done for FS 19?

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Yes! We need cereal companies to sell our grain to! :mrgreen:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

hpmc13 wrote:While I fully support getting more crop/fruit types, I really wish you could do MORE with them. Simply harvesting and selling them gets a bit monotonous. Playing the NF Marsch map now and am making pallets, paper rolls, bio-diesel, flour, bread (from the flour,) two kinds of beer (hops are fun to harvest,) and a whole host of dairy products. Selling the bread, beer, and dairy products at either a stadium or one of two grocery stores. It's proving far more challenging and rewarding than just harvesting and selling. I played around with a vineyard mod and wine processing plant mod but couldn't get paid for my wine or grapes.

How about a mod where you turn corn or oats or wheat plus sugar from sugar beets (or sugar cane,) add empty pallets and rolls of paper, and make packaged cereal? Frosted Corn Flakes or Cheerios, anyone?
You do realize this is a farming game right?
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

jenna_q wrote:
hpmc13 wrote:While I fully support getting more crop/fruit types, I really wish you could do MORE with them. Simply harvesting and selling them gets a bit monotonous. Playing the NF Marsch map now and am making pallets, paper rolls, bio-diesel, flour, bread (from the flour,) two kinds of beer (hops are fun to harvest,) and a whole host of dairy products. Selling the bread, beer, and dairy products at either a stadium or one of two grocery stores. It's proving far more challenging and rewarding than just harvesting and selling. I played around with a vineyard mod and wine processing plant mod but couldn't get paid for my wine or grapes.

How about a mod where you turn corn or oats or wheat plus sugar from sugar beets (or sugar cane,) add empty pallets and rolls of paper, and make packaged cereal? Frosted Corn Flakes or Cheerios, anyone?
You do realize this is a farming game right?
Exactly, let's get the "farming" part right before other things are added. That being said...I certainly hope we don't see FS19. Too many glitches in 17 already. I'm afraid 19 would be to 17 what 15 was to 13...just a dressed up bug fix.

More crops would be nice. Rice, cotton, rye, oats, cane and please can we get alfalfa? Giants wants to market the game world wide but can't seem to escape the European feel.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Alfalfa would be nice, since that's what most people use for hay, is alfalfa or clovers. I could be wrong though...
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

DeereJason wrote:Exactly, let's get the "farming" part right before other things are added. That being said...I certainly hope we don't see FS19. Too many glitches in 17 already. I'm afraid 19 would be to 17 what 15 was to 13...just a dressed up bug fix.
More crops would be nice. Rice, cotton, rye, oats, cane and please can we get alfalfa? Giants wants to market the game world wide but can't seem to escape the European feel.
Alfalfa, Oats, rye are crops I can definitely see being added, but I think rice and cotton are a little too specialized and just outside of what we are likely to ever see.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I'm not sure why cotton couldn't be added. I don't think it's any more specialized than beets or potatoes...probably less. Rice may Be tricky with the water aspect.
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

Not sure about cotton, don't know much about it except they use a fancy harvester, couldn't be too hard for Giants to add that in. I sure hope they do add more crops that we already have the equipment to plant and harvest such as peas, flax, edible beans, oats, etc. As far as doing more with crops.... I would rather they spent the time on perfecting the farming aspect of the game first. It wold be cool if you could bring a contracted amount of beets to say a American Crystal Sugar or durum to a Dakota Growers pasta plant for a bonus in price, but I can't see going any more in depth than that. ACS and DG are just examples, they are companies from around my area.
garyst

Post by garyst »

lexiontech wrote:Not sure about cotton, don't know much about it except they use a fancy harvester, couldn't be too hard for Giants to add that in. I sure hope they do add more crops that we already have the equipment to plant and harvest such as peas, flax, edible beans, oats, etc. As far as doing more with crops.... I would rather they spent the time on perfecting the farming aspect of the game first. It wold be cool if you could bring a contracted amount of beets to say a American Crystal Sugar or durum to a Dakota Growers pasta plant for a bonus in price, but I can't see going any more in depth than that. ACS and DG are just examples, they are companies from around my area.

Would have to add bedding tools and bigger mounted planters too for cotton. All the cotton in my area is planted on bedded rows. Also would need a stalk cutter or puller for after harvest, and something to pick up the modules.
Fastfiveo2

Post by Fastfiveo2 »

Cotton should actually be really simple to add. But I guess it depends on where your from. It's a row crop, takes a different header but that wouldn't be hard to do. In the southeast U.S. where I live (Georgia) we just plough the field after the cotton has been harvested. So cotton should be tater simple. But you would get more equipment such and module trailers, truck to pick up modules, and you could even do the round modules that look like wrapped round hay bales.

I would love to see peanuts. Another row crop, need equipment to turun the peanuts when ready, special harvester to harvest them after they've been turned (opens the door to more harvesters and pull behind harvesters like the Amadas brand).

Just my two cents though.
Catch me on PS4 AND PC
PSN fastfiveo2 *thumbsup*
Oldbor

Post by Oldbor »

I would rather have young animated animals i.e
Calves, lambs, and piglets
leonebianco24

Post by leonebianco24 »

Hello to all I now think everyone has got very familiar with FS17 obviously are the first to say that it is a great product, but some things should be corrected as bugs, lag ...
Now we know why all of the new Farming competitor, I know, I should not paralre in this forum, but if GIANTS reads this message I would like to tell him that if they do not work for FS19 putting out a great product I really believe that this calltle and crops will be the his downfall; I still can not do much suggerico to implement a few things:
-First of all, a new game mode (simulation) real when you are dealing with the real problems of agriculture, pests seasons ...
-nuovio graphics engine, many gamer (like me) I am very attached allagrafica
- Nuovui brands: Claas, blackbird, Goweil ....
-new crops, fruits, alfalfa, tomatoes
-biological agriculture
-possibility attack manual tools to the tractor
-ic on means
dynamic -Terrain
-irrigation
-carcamento manual seed into the drill

for now these are my ideas, I hope you enjoy them.

THE NEXT !!!!!!!!!
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Lots of good ideas here.
Here is my two cents...
1 Get rid of the plowing and discing seriously. Strip till or no till is where its at and if you are still pounding the ground thanks for ruining the environment for my children. I am super stoked Giants atleast added cover crop but they should expand on that a little more. We are starting to learn that those cover crops not only help with nitrogen levels but also can be used to change soil compisition to make it unfavorable to the weeds popping up in your fields.
2 okay so you cant get john deere on board, stinks but i get it, but could you throw in some more tractors you may actually see in america. Why many is the time i walked into the coffe shop to see two farmers arguing Same over Zetor....what? I had never even heard of those brands until farming simulator. Which isnt a bad thing i actually have enjoyed seeing different brands and looking up their history but honestly about as exotic as you get in a couple hundred miles around me is kubota which by the way hasnt made it to giants. There is john deere, agco which is either just agco or massey white gleaner or cat, case, new holand and ford oh and land pride if you go cheap on equipment. I did happen across a valtra and just about had a wreck staring at it. I was shocked in the best way to see something so different and then i found out its an agco brand now so see above.
3. More dual tires on rear only. That goes for little to big tractors.
4 bring back the oldies...allis, ford, heck Minneapolis moline.
5 need a grain truck! An old chevy or international would be awesome
6 able to remove hedges or put them in, fencing too.
7 if it isnt on console then cant be on pc! I know i just got glared at but seeing all the mods for pc and how small the list is on console is heartbreaking! And one guy on here brought up the jd licenseing thing, well if we cant have it on console because of it then should pc get it or should i send my jd reps to knock on some modders doors, yes i know some of you and where you live and that licensing arguement isnt cute or funny.
8 and finally...just make another one. I love that Giants has made all of these games. I have each one and have loved each one. It has been a great joy to play and now that my boys are old enough and are starting to play too it has been a blast that whenever we cant be outside and farming for real we can fire up the console or pc and play inside. The wife complains that all her boys just cant get enough of tractors and farming!
lexiontech

Post by lexiontech »

Princeguardian wrote:Lots of good ideas here.
Here is my two cents...
1 Get rid of the plowing and discing seriously. Strip till or no till is where its at and if you are still pounding the ground thanks for ruining the environment for my children. I am super stoked Giants atleast added cover crop but they should expand on that a little more. We are starting to learn that those cover crops not only help with nitrogen levels but also can be used to change soil compisition to make it unfavorable to the weeds popping up in your fields.
2 okay so you cant get john deere on board, stinks but i get it, but could you throw in some more tractors you may actually see in america. Why many is the time i walked into the coffe shop to see two farmers arguing Same over Zetor....what? I had never even heard of those brands until farming simulator. Which isnt a bad thing i actually have enjoyed seeing different brands and looking up their history but honestly about as exotic as you get in a couple hundred miles around me is kubota which by the way hasnt made it to giants. There is john deere, agco which is either just agco or massey white gleaner or cat, case, new holand and ford oh and land pride if you go cheap on equipment. I did happen across a valtra and just about had a wreck staring at it. I was shocked in the best way to see something so different and then i found out its an agco brand now so see above.
7 if it isnt on console then cant be on pc! I know i just got glared at but seeing all the mods for pc and how small the list is on console is heartbreaking! And one guy on here brought up the jd licenseing thing, well if we cant have it on console because of it then should pc get it or should i send my jd reps to knock on some modders doors, yes i know some of you and where you live and that licensing arguement isnt cute or funny.
8 and finally...just make another one. I love that Giants has made all of these games. I have each one and have loved each one. It has been a great joy to play and now that my boys are old enough and are starting to play too it has been a blast that whenever we cant be outside and farming for real we can fire up the console or pc and play inside. The wife complains that all her boys just cant get enough of tractors and farming!
Okay no need to hate so hard on tillage...not everyone lives wherever the heck you do. No till is not the answer for areas like mine where heavy rainfall and snow melt are common causing drainage issues and you are stuck with a short growing season. I'm not going to go into specifics about this but in my area tillage is a very big part of farming. Hell even the few guys with no till drills around here usually go over with vertical tillage first. Maybe you do things differently where your from and thats fine but we do things our way where I'm from. I don't go asking GIANT's to pull the no till drills from the game because that's how I do it IRL and thats the only way to farm. If you want to no till all your land on this game with its unlimited growing season, no weeds, and no snow fall or drainage to worry about, fine go ahead, they have an option to turn off periodic plowing and they have no till drills.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

lexiontech wrote:
Princeguardian wrote:Lots of good ideas here.
Here is my two cents...
Okay no need to hate so hard on tillage...not everyone lives wherever the heck you do. No till is not the answer for areas like mine where heavy rainfall and snow melt are common causing drainage issues and you are stuck with a short growing season. I'm not going to go into specifics about this but in my area tillage is a very big part of farming. Hell even the few guys with no till drills around here usually go over with vertical tillage first. Maybe you do things differently where your from and thats fine but we do things our way where I'm from. I don't go asking GIANT's to pull the no till drills from the game because that's how I do it IRL and thats the only way to farm. If you want to no till all your land on this game with its unlimited growing season, no weeds, and no snow fall or drainage to worry about, fine go ahead, they have an option to turn off periodic plowing and they have no till drills.
Your exactly right lexiontech, you need tillage, and who cares about the environment, its already ruined already, if hes one of them environmentalist, this isnt a place for him.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Tillage is a must in my area too. Few farmers tried no -till for a while and just wasn't working, was actually a disaster a couple years. When you average between 60 to 70 inches of rain per year and have 100 percent humidity most days in the summer like over here if you have leftover crop between your new crop you are just asking for extreme disease pressure. Just doesn't work well in all areas unless you like spaying fungicide every other week in the summer throughout the growing season. over in my area most farmers will do between 4 to 8 tillage passes between crops to make sure all the leftover crop is gone before planting the new crop. Most farmers plant all their crops on bedded fields to help with drainage and keep the roots out of water as much as possible. Anyway the farmers who do the most tillage in my area always end up with the best yields every year and the best looking crops when you pass by their fields. Even with all the rain and all the tillage they have minimal soil loss because they are smart in how they do their tillage and how they bed their fields and make ditches in fields to get the water out and keep the soil in. They have families that they plan to past their farm on too so they know how to take care of their land. A lot of the fields get precision leveled to help minimize soil loss too.