Game stutter with Certain mods why ?

TurboFarmer

Re: Game stutter with Certain mods why ?

Post by TurboFarmer »

Rbk_3 wrote:Also, keep in mind it is a fully open world game and think of all the crops/bales/buildings/etc. it has to render at once. All of those crops are pretty resource intensive. Think about GTA, it runs at 30fps on PS4 with drops into the low 20s. This runs at twice the framerate.
I rarely ever notice the frame drops in GTA, like I said all have their share of faults but it is really noticeable on this game. Almost to the point of making me not want to play it. But I keep playing/supporting by buying games/add-ons because I really love the game. I just have to now have less than 10 pieces of equipment and less than 20 bales to make it enjoyable and not nauseating.

Now, I apologize if it seemed that I was attacking you, it just gets old when PC players want to defend the game on another platform. The game is sold for the PS4 and therefore should play perfectly fine within it's own limitations on that system or any system it is sold on for that matter.
PS4 Farmer
BOOLA

Post by BOOLA »

TurboFarmer wrote:When he gets to the farmsim part he even says that the game isn't really that pretty and during his demonstration even shows frame drops from the usual areas. Not something the Pro should have problems since the game uses such low res textures. Now, take that same game and setup he is using and add equipment, bales, and animals and there will be even bigger drops. For as simple of a game as this, there shouldn't have those kind of problems unless the engine or coding is poor. I should not get frame drops just looking in the direction of my farm. I should be able to tend to my livestock without frame drops. It gets so bad that the stuttering is physically sickening. Also, there should not be crops clipping through the floor of the equipment or rain falling through a roof of a building, that all has to do with the engine/coding. I hate to compare to actual AAA titles such as GTA, Fallout, or Call of Duty, but I will since it is sitting on the same shelves and at the same price. All of those games have their own fair share of shortcomings but don't drop frames so bad as to make my game look stupid(with the exception of downtown in Fallout but I can use texture mods to fix that issue). Compare the textures from any of those games to FS and FS starts looking like it was made for the PS2. Now, on to your "you could be running this game at a rock solid 60fps if you really wanted to", I own a high end PC, PS4, and Xbox1, I use my consoles for taking with me while I travel for work and haven't played a PC game since FS 13. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to enjoy a game that I spent $60 on. If the game was $30, then I would see it for what it is. I own Farming Simulator 13, 14, 15, and now 17. I guess I was hoping for something better this time around, not just a reskin of an old engine.
The whole mod comment was just an example of how people usually don't know what they are talking about when comparing Console to PC

You need a BREAK man go have *ex or something :lol:
Wir danken allen Moddern für ihre Mods
My_System
Farmerjoe 32

Post by Farmerjoe 32 »

On my Xbox one X my farming simulator keeps juddering when in side the cab and out side view it's annoying IV installed it and uninstalled and install it again but keeps juddering with or without mods on. Any help please.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I’m on pc and one thing I’ve noticed is that certain times I’ll get a quick lag. I’ll open the console with ~ and it’ll show a pedestrian has spawned somewhere. When it’s one from the platinum addon the lag is stronger. The same happens every now and then when I hire a worker too.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I keep away from lag, by only having the equipment and map I need for that specific game play. Also only use mods that don’t have errors.

I run separate folders for different farms.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

TurboFarmer wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:10 pm When he gets to the farmsim part he even says that the game isn't really that pretty and during his demonstration even shows frame drops from the usual areas. Not something the Pro should have problems since the game uses such low res textures. Now, take that same game and setup he is using and add equipment, bales, and animals and there will be even bigger drops. For as simple of a game as this, there shouldn't have those kind of problems unless the engine or coding is poor. I should not get frame drops just looking in the direction of my farm. I should be able to tend to my livestock without frame drops. It gets so bad that the stuttering is physically sickening. Also, there should not be crops clipping through the floor of the equipment or rain falling through a roof of a building, that all has to do with the engine/coding. I hate to compare to actual AAA titles such as GTA, Fallout, or Call of Duty, but I will since it is sitting on the same shelves and at the same price. All of those games have their own fair share of shortcomings but don't drop frames so bad as to make my game look stupid(with the exception of downtown in Fallout but I can use texture mods to fix that issue). Compare the textures from any of those games to FS and FS starts looking like it was made for the PS2. Now, on to your "you could be running this game at a rock solid 60fps if you really wanted to", I own a high end PC, PS4, and Xbox1, I use my consoles for taking with me while I travel for work and haven't played a PC game since FS 13. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to enjoy a game that I spent $60 on. If the game was $30, then I would see it for what it is. I own Farming Simulator 13, 14, 15, and now 17. I guess I was hoping for something better this time around, not just a reskin of an old engine.
The whole mod comment was just an example of how people usually don't know what they are talking about when comparing Console to PC
Agree 100%. Looking at JUST in game content - the graphic performance and frame rate are GENERATIONS behind other AAA games on the same systems. I think the examples from console games are even worse. I was playing Horizon 4 and thinking how much larger the maps are, how much more interactive the environment is, and how much better the graphics are.