Round Bale Silage

svendiggler11

Round Bale Silage

Post by svendiggler11 »

Just interested to find out if people out there bother with round bale silage and then just selling it.

I have a fair size grass field plus other areas which yoeld about 46 round bales on average. It is a bit tedious, cutting, gathering, baling, wrapping however I can get about 3 yields a game week therefore somewhere in the region of £240,000 income.

I dont have kuhn dlc, looking at getting it, but curious whether people think the effort is worth the payday
stevoxsi

Re: Round Bale Silage

Post by stevoxsi »

I do it for something to do while everything grows!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I think so,if it was a normal crop where you had to seed,fertilise and harvest you'd get nowhere near that off a similar size field...the money makes up for the tedium
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

It is alot of work, but a fully fertalized grass feild turned into silage bales will net you nearly double what any rowcrop will....
PC gamer.
svendiggler11

Post by svendiggler11 »

Is the combined kuhn baler/wrapper any good for this. Does it save much time?
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

svendiggler11 wrote:Is the combined kuhn baler/wrapper any good for this. Does it save much time?
I have heard nothing bad about the combo, but im not sure if you have to make the bales come out, or if it does it automatically, if it does it automatically, then yes it will be a time saver, dk how much time, but i dont think you can activate/deactivate the wrapper itself...
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Beastbubba wrote:It is alot of work, but a fully fertalized grass feild turned into silage bales will net you nearly double what any rowcrop will....
So the fertilizing the grass has an effect on fs17?
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

I prefer doing square bales myself, Being PC and having the follow me comes in handy for jobs like this.
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

BigC92 wrote:
Beastbubba wrote:It is alot of work, but a fully fertalized grass feild turned into silage bales will net you nearly double what any rowcrop will....
Yes if you have planted it in to your field. Combo baler is good I use my self square baler&wrapper with follow me and auto unload mods
Chad

Post by Chad »

The round baler combo on the Kuhn dlc is a definite timesaver. Would highly recommend it. The other piece of equipment I use alot from the DLC is the extra seed carrier. Use that every time I start sowing.
svendiggler11

Post by svendiggler11 »

Cheers for the replies. DLC is going to be purchased
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I never sell silage bales, it's just a little too broken for me how they are worth so much and don't depreciate. However I do think the Kuhn DLC was worth it, it has some very nice pieces in it. Certainly is nice to have the square wrapper, baler/wrapper and that merger if you run a cow farm.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I use the Kuhn baler/wrapper combo and selling silage bales is one of my best forms of income. The great thing is while other crops need to be harvested when they are ready, I can put off the grass until I have time. I know some folks will mow and leave it; fert, and let it grow. Then you mow again, rake then bale, cutting your time almost in half for the double harvest. Silage bales are a must on my farms!
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Ragman wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Yes if you have planted it in to your field. Combo baler is good I use my self square baler&wrapper with follow me and auto unload mods
Very awesome, i dont think it take effect on fs15.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

svendiggler11 wrote:Just interested to find out if people out there bother with round bale silage and then just selling it.

I have a fair size grass field plus other areas which yoeld about 46 round bales on average. It is a bit tedious, cutting, gathering, baling, wrapping however I can get about 3 yields a game week therefore somewhere in the region of £240,000 income.

I dont have kuhn dlc, looking at getting it, but curious whether people think the effort is worth the payday
I just don't like the bunker silage operations.
It is just way too much work to do.
Besides if you don't keep the flow continious while selling the price drops.
Don't like that either.

I've the Kuhn DLC and I do square bale silage.
Easy, fun and more income with the set pirce.
PS5 / FS22