How to uninstall a "DLC" from PS4?

RODHA

How to uninstall a "DLC" from PS4?

Post by RODHA »

I've searched this but couldn't find a specific answer.

Is there any way to uninstall an official DLC (eg. Fendt black beauty) from the game in PS4?

Couldn't find any option to do that neither in the game nor in Playstation store.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Re: How to uninstall a "DLC" from PS4?

Post by Guil »

Delete it from the settings menu I'd say.

By settings I meant the ps4 settings. Go to save data or game data and it should be in there somewhere.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote:Delete it from the settings menu I'd say.

By settings I meant the ps4 settings. Go to save data or game data and it should be in there somewhere.
I've thought the same thing, unfortunately I couldn't find it.

Actually I've never uninstalled any DLC from any game before.
So, I've no idea if it is even doable in general.

Nevertheless it just doesn't make any sens.
I could be able to install/uninstall whatever I want.
It shouldn't be up to Sony.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

It's a couple of MB, so why bother?
Anyway I don't think it's possible. You'd have to uninstal the entire game, install it again and not install the DLC. But the question still stands: why?
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Because normally the DLC could overwrite the game mechanics. If you want to go back to the previous edition, you have to downgrade the game. Only way to do this, is remove it all together, and only download what you need again.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:Because normally the DLC could overwrite the game mechanics. If you want to go back to the previous edition, you have to downgrade the game. Only way to do this, is remove it all together, and only download what you need again.
Thanks for the explanation.
I think that is the real reason behind it.
I don't need to get into that much trouble.
Just wanted to tidy up a little bit.
They can stay.

masterplan wrote:It's a couple of MB, so why bother?
Anyway I don't think it's possible. You'd have to uninstal the entire game, install it again and not install the DLC. But the question still stands: why
Well, everybody has their reasons.
I just wanted to know how I can do it.
It seems I can't unless I uninstall the entire game.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

ErwinR55 wrote:Because normally the DLC could overwrite the game mechanics. If you want to go back to the previous edition, you have to downgrade the game. Only way to do this, is remove it all together, and only download what you need again.
Please explain how you have come to that conclusion?
robert101

Post by robert101 »

Right, but when he does that, he should make sure he's "unplugged", or the update and/or dlc may automatically be downloaded again. And when he plays, keep it unplugged and no mp. That'll bring it back to the out of the box settings.

I always have that problem on NHL on Xbox, that updates or additions just screw the game, but the good thing is i don't play online. So when i play, i just yank the plug.
crash

Post by crash »

As for tidying up, the ps4 update last week gave you the opportunity to plug in a external store device and move your saved games that you don't use to that. Has to be USB 3 and above 256gb in size I believe. (check with Sony..) it's the saved game that takes up gb, not the save files. Gta5 is 60gb, uncharted 58gb. It's probably faster to move them over and move the over again when you want to play, rather than deleting and installing it..

Gta San Andreas and vice city is around 3gb -each- :lol:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Guil wrote:
Please explain how you have come to that conclusion?
It's simple computer knowledge maybe? If you update software, you can never go back to the previous version by simply deleting the software again, either it needs an active de-installation procedure, or you have to delete it all together and get it all reinstalled. Might be that there are programs that you can install over it to degrade to an older version, but that's not in this case. Now, with the consoles you are pretty much stuck with some simple procedures, so my guess is, that deleting and reinstalling things is the only way to go.

I don't think they make a difference in DLC or updates, as I said, DLC can also contain new software mechanics that could render a game useless if just deleted suddenly. So they make it simple and you cannot delete them. That is something else for stand alone DLC products of course, but they are treated just like any other game.

robert101 wrote:
Right, but when he does that, he should make sure he's "unplugged", or the update and/or dlc may automatically be downloaded again. And when he plays, keep it unplugged and no mp. That'll bring it back to the out of the box settings.

I always have that problem on NHL on Xbox, that updates or additions just screw the game, but the good thing is i don't play online. So when i play, i just yank the plug.
No, why? There is a difference between updates and DLC. Updates are indeed automatically loaded if you connect to the interwebs.
But it should not automatically download any DLC again that you have bought. But I might be wrong here, I rarely, very rarely ever buy DLC.
Last edited by ErwinR55 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4 player
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote:No, why? There is a difference between updates and DLC. Updates are indeed automatically loaded if you connect to the interwebs.
But it should not automatically download any DLC again that you have bought. But I might be wrong here, I rarely, very rarely ever buy DLC.
You are correct.
It doesn't DL any DLC automatically.
I'm certain of it.

If the DLC's in consoles are embeded to the base code like an update then your first comment is the only logical explanation why I can't just uninstall them. As I've said, that is fine. Not a big deal.

However, at this point, the question rises: Why Gaints create DLC's like an update rather than a mod?
Well, certainly something like the 4realmodules should be embeded like an update as consoles do not accept external code, but a tractor could easly be like a mod.

One can say that it is a very specific matter and is none of my business but I shall disagree.
As long as anything takes any of my freedom (like being unable to uninstall something) it should be explained to me with it's reasons.

I hope somebody (Listertan may be) can shed some light onto this matter.
PS5 / FS22
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I don't think it is upto Giants to decide how the DLC structure is treated on the PS4.
It is Sony's thing that you can't separately delete PSN bought DLC contents :)
PS4 player
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

Now I'm not going to quote your whole response when you where ask to explain this with "simple computer knowledge" while this might the case with some games (GTA comes to mind because their DLC are actually updates not stand alone). Your "opinion" on why a single DLC can't be uninstalled seems a over complicated. Here are a few things to consider.
(1) XB1 let's you have many options on managing your game from a complete uninstall, just uninstalling the game ( leaving DLC and save game data intact) or uninstalling individual DLC.
(2) I can have a DLC (KUHN for example) and play on MP map with a friend who doesn't have it without "downgrading" my game.
(3) Again I can have a DLC and simply uncheck a box to disable it and let the same friend play on my map without "downgrading" my game.

If your theory on DLC changing game behavior was true, people would literally have uninstall and reinstall every time they wanted to play with someone who has a different DLC then them. My point being you're over thinking the very simple cause that this seems to be a Sony issue and not a "software" or"console" isssue.

To the OP it's really unfortunate that they took away the option to remove single DLC from the game saves, I know this was an option on PS3.
XB1/PC
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Soles2023 wrote: while this might the case with some games (GTA comes to mind because their DLC are actually updates not stand alone).
Exactly this. I look at the bigger picture, not to Farming Simulator.
Sony decided to treat all DLC the same if it required an installation process into a game. You can't de-install them, simple...
PS4 player
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:No, why? There is a difference between updates and DLC. Updates are indeed automatically loaded if you connect to the interwebs.
You are correct.
It doesn't DL any DLC automatically.
I'm certain of it.

If the DLC's in consoles are embeded to the base code like an update then your first comment is the only logical explanation why I can't just uninstall them. As I've said, that is fine. Not a big deal.

However, at this point, the question rises: Why Gaints create DLC's like an update rather than a mod?
Well, certainly something like the 4realmodules should be embeded like an update as consoles do not accept external code, but a tractor could easly be like a mod.

One can say that it is a very specific matter and is none of my business but I shall disagree.
As long as anything takes any of my freedom (like being unable to uninstall something) it should be explained to me with it's reasons.

I hope somebody (Listertan may be) can shed some light onto this matter.
You raise some good points, when i heard that the 4real mods were coming to console, i thought they were gonna be embedded into the base game, thats the way i took it on their fb page, but i figured you could uninstall a DLC. Like you said if you cant uninstall them, its fine, but why are you trying to uninstall them for? You bored with them, or they have too many bugs?