Growth of existing trees?

Kennya100

Growth of existing trees?

Post by Kennya100 »

Can anyone confirm that trees already existing on the Goldcrest map go through the same growth phases as planted trees. With about 12 days in on this map, I feel like I am seeing trees age and decay. So of course I cut them down. Am I imagining things?
Preble 818

Re: Growth of existing trees?

Post by Preble 818 »

I believe you are :) no growth state for existing trees that I know of. Would be cool though. Maybe you bought a special edition!
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

To my knowledge the trees that come with the map, don't grow at all. Only trees you plant, not counting the place able trees. I have been in my map for weeks in game. And no tree has grown since. Nor did it decay. The so called decay is present in some trees from the start.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Kennya100 wrote:Can anyone confirm that trees already existing on the Goldcrest map go through the same growth phases as planted trees. With about 12 days in on this map, I feel like I am seeing trees age and decay. So of course I cut them down. Am I imagining things?
I've played GCV for 277 hrs and never seen a tree grow old.
But this Giants we are talking about.
May be the feature is there but they just didn't think of telling it to us :mrgreen:
Anything is possible.
PS5 / FS22
Jwolfm3

Post by Jwolfm3 »

I'm not positive on the answer but I was taking a lot of grain to Mary's from near the cow area and on that back road I too thought I noticed tree growth... just figured I either never paid close attention
cider drinker

Post by cider drinker »

Jwolfm3 wrote:I'm not positive on the answer but I was taking a lot of grain to Mary's from near the cow area and on that back road I too thought I noticed tree growth... just figured I either never paid close attention
There is a Tree plantation if my memory serves me right so that could be where you noticed the tree growth.

Michael
Kennya100

Post by Kennya100 »

It seems like some of the trees are losing bark and decaying. Have they been there all along, or is this a sign that the tree has maxed out on growth? Would eventually disappear?
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Kennya100 wrote:It seems like some of the trees are losing bark and decaying. Have they been there all along, or is this a sign that the tree has maxed out on growth? Would eventually disappear?

Been that way since day one.
XBOX/ FS22