Stuff laying around

skullhammer

Stuff laying around

Post by skullhammer »

How can I use the tools and assorted objects (hose, welder mask, basketball, etc.) around the farm and in town? Can I "borrow" them at any time. Why does their location get reset when loading a saved game? Do they have any use?
BigC92

Re: Stuff laying around

Post by BigC92 »

You dont actually use the tools, its just one of them hand objects, the basketball if for shooting hoops at the basketball court in town, its an achievement.
rbcsoftware

Post by rbcsoftware »

In all essence, its just code bloat. Really, there is only two reasons why you need to use hand pickup.
The basket ball achievement and if you chop trees into logs and you load up a teleloader (or similar) bucket.
It would be nice to be able to use the objects to some capacity, else all you end up doing is knocking them over or throw them about the place.

Which brings me to my second point, the hand feature is so sensitive.
You pick an object up and if it ever so slightly clips something, its as though you've shot putted it, or you drop it like you have butter fingers.
:(
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

The whole physics engine is sensitive. Bad for bales and logs and these tools. I do like being able to pick stuff up especially the short logs. That's the most useful thing you can do. I do use the game extention mod to be able to pick up heavier things like pallets so you could consider that OP if your on pc. Just wish the physics were decent.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
skullhammer

Post by skullhammer »

Thanks. I am glad I didn't spend much time experimenting with these objects. Yeah, the whole UI picking stuff up and trying to carry them is just horrible.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

using the log fork there is a trick to it. Too getting a log into the fork I mean. took me some time to figure that one out, lol.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Preble 818 wrote:The whole physics engine is sensitive. Bad for bales and logs and these tools. I do like being able to pick stuff up especially the short logs. That's the most useful thing you can do. I do use the game extention mod to be able to pick up heavier things like pallets so you could consider that OP if your on pc. Just wish the physics were decent.
Well you have an old school pickup, buy a chainsaw, and go to town, lol.
Fordson

Post by Fordson »

If you use high pressure balers producing small bales, you can load the bales into a trailer by hand.
However these balers (i.e. lely welger) are only available as mods and the result is not the same as in RL where you stack the bales neatly :smileynew:.
LS17, what else?