Why was buying chickens removed in FS17

cr41g_1965

Re: Why was buying chickens removed in FS17

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I will echo what some of the others have said.. chickens serve NO purpose in the game outside of gathering the eggs which will not make you rich unless you could have proper "chicken farming" from chicks to processing...which you won't see.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

They serve the purpose of adding to the ambience. Having them is something you would likely have on a real farm so having them in game helps a little with the realism the same as background sounds do.

Sometimes IRL you only have a few whose only purpose is to supply the family with eggs.
Playing on PC
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

On my map I have build a shortbread factory and will try if I can use the eggs via the Fabrikscript. I think that is not only the case with eggs that they are an end of the road product but often with other things as well. See hay, which has now found its use in the fodder mix
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

It would indeed be nice to have a big building for chicken, like we have for cows/pigs/sheeps. Then it would make sense to buy/sell and breed them. Some piece of grassland so then can walk around would be nice.

You have to feed them (mostly grain - but chicken eat anything), and the eggs are collected on pallets [to be sold @ market, and pallets can spoil, like eggs], same system as Wool.

For the fun, as chicken eat anything, you would get 100% out of any food. That would make then an early game animal.

You could supply with straw, and getting some good chicken manure.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

That makes a lot of sense. Chicken manure is huge as a fertilizer here in Ohio.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Airwolf211983

Post by Airwolf211983 »

Probably because they like to keep pecking attacking these hands that feed them