New Vs Old Silage thoughts?

TimmyTheSnail

Re: New Vs Old Silage thoughts?

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

Guil wrote:
Phantoms wrote:
mdoss wrote:I've tried using the levelers, and they just don't seem to work for me! I'd be taking it slow, then the front wheel would dip down, and the bucket would then scoop a huge chunk making an even bigger hole.
In addition to going slow, you also have to be on the leveler controls so that you can raise it as you anticipate the tires dropping.
That's way to complicated imo, as soon as the tyre drops start reversing and go again
It's all too complicated. They either need to make it so you can't get massive holes in or go back to how it was
Guil

Post by Guil »

It just takes practice and the know how. Its simple when you learn how.
Deora

Post by Deora »

I really enjoy the levelling. It takes some practice en skill, but it's far more realistic then the FS15 way.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Guil wrote:It just takes practice and the know how. Its simple when you learn how.
Exactly, just like fs15 and forestry, awesomest thing giants put in the game, just takes a little know how.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Stopped doing that all together. There are round and square silage bales and fermenter silo mods that dont even require use of balespike lifters.

But the difficulties of unrealistic physics in the bunkers made them unused for me, despite the other methods.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

I prefer the old style silage bunkers but once you get used to this new style is not that bad. I can also fill a silage bunker a lot faster with grass then I ever did with the straw swath method on FS15.

But one of the things I really hate on FS17 is how fast the silage price drops once you start selling, on FS15 the price was always the same and so far on Chellington I have not seen a great demand for silage so that I can sell my 4 full bunkers without the fear of the price dropping.