Lawfolds silos

RODHA

Lawfolds silos

Post by RODHA »

I don't know if anyone has noticed that but on Lawfolds there are 2 silos.
1 in the main yard and 1 in the cow farm. Both of them have 250k capacity.
The think is that I can fill up the silo in the main yard more than 250k.
First I thought may be the two silos are linked together and if so, I should be able to get the grains from both silos but it didn't work.
Now, I have more than 250k in the main yard silo and the other one still has a 250k capacity.
I also don't know if this is only in Lawfolds or it is the same in all maps.

Does anyone know how this happened and if there is really a limit for the main yard silo capacity?
PS5 / FS22
OnlyMe

Re: Lawfolds silos

Post by OnlyMe »

LOL, I wish I knew about this earlier. I bought 2 extra 100.000l silos for the main farm, becasue I thought the 250k limit was too low :-)

Absolutely love this map btw. With big fields dominating the map this is as close to a 4X map as console users can get. Big thank you to Stussy for this wonderful map *thumbsup*
Playing on PS4
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Acutally this is the 3rd thread with similar contents:
viewtopic.php?f=893&t=110328
viewtopic.php?f=893&t=110335

As for me on PS4 on normal difficulty the answers are no.
No, I can't put more that 250k of one type of grain into the main silo. Do you know, that the capacity is for each grain separately, right? ;-)
No, the silos are not linked, so you can't put grain into one of them and them claim it from the other. Neither is their capacity combined.
And no, the silo at the cows' area, better to say it's contents, are not shown in the menu.

OnlyMe: where did you put those extensions? Do you have a screenshot? I will buy those one day, but I'm not sure where to place them. I'm considering south of the pigs' area.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Haven't got a screenshot right now (I'll try to get one later).

Just next to the farmhouse there's that little shed/garage in the middle of the main yard. I put them along the side of that. I think you got room there for 3-4 at least.
Playing on PS4
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

OnlyMe wrote:Haven't got a screenshot right now (I'll try to get one later).

Just next to the farmhouse there's that little shed/garage in the middle of the main yard. I put them along the side of that. I think you got room there for 3-4 at least.
I think I know. There? I might try that, if they won't stand in the way.

FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

Yep, right you are, sir
Playing on PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

I've moved everything to highland grains storage. Haven't hit a limit yet there and had nearly 800,000 beets stored there. I only use the silo at the farm as storage while I'm harvesting, after that it's all moved to highland grains. I find it's much easier or handier access to all sell points from there.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I've got my potatoes, beets and woodchips stored at Highland. Got about 830.000 of spuds, and about 600.000 of chips and beets stored, but that runs me for more than 10K a day in fees. So I keep my grain a home. I have seen those new beets and potatoes storage sheds in the modhub though. Gonna try those in the weekend. I'm creating space for them by cutting down the thin strip of trees between f33 an f34.
Playing on PS4
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'll try get on later and check but don't think my fees are a whole lot more than that and I have at least double if not triple what you have there.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote:Acutally this is the 3rd thread with similar contents:
viewtopic.php?f=893&t=110328
viewtopic.php?f=893&t=110335
I know those threads and I opened a new one because it was map specific and the subject is not exactly the same.
masterplan wrote:No, I can't put more that 250k of one type of grain into the main silo. Do you know, that the capacity is for each grain separately, right? ;-)
I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip *thumbsup*
This will solve a lot of my problems.
PS5 / FS22