Rain cycle

crash

Rain cycle

Post by crash »

It seems to me that it doesn't rain as often in fs17 as it did in fs15? I guess the map creators can alter this. But I didn't experience much rain the 250 hours I put into gcv either. :confusednew:
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
lexiontech

Re: Rain cycle

Post by lexiontech »

Yeah it doest rain all too often on my game either, not that it matters to me. The rain doesn't do anything except stop you from harvesting and pierce through all the roofing on your buildings. :shock: The weather would mean more to me if it actually affected the crops and the ground conditions.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The game desperately needs some new weather elements even if they don't have any effect on the game play. It would just be nice not to have the same sky box all the time. Its the same blue sky followed by the same sunset every day. It would be nice to have some variation.
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

This is no joke, I've never had rain on fs17 :confusednew: after reading this thread i realised I haven't experienced the magical rain that goes through roofs :lol: hmmmm I want rain :)
Newt's

Post by Newt's »

only seen rain once, like you say it would be nice to see different types sky through out the game game play.
Addicted since 2015 :wink3:

XBOX ONE
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

The only thing it does is that you can't see a damn thing. And that you can't harvest, though you still can harvest corn for chaff. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I've seen rain only in GCV and Chellington.
Not in any other mod maps I've seen rain.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

I got a rain or storm or whatever the heck it is on Lawfolds.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I have had rain on GCV three or four times--just wish it stopped more than just harvesting like plowing, planting, etc. as IRL. Also, in that regard, I would like to see it rain more often, maybe once per growth cycle, but only for a couple hours instead of the 4-6 it rains now.
knoknot

Post by knoknot »

The savegame folders in the user's "My Games/FarmingSimulator2017" folder contains a file called "careerSavegame.xml". You should have one for each of your save game folders (savegame1, savegame2, etc). This file has a section called "<rains>". It lists each rain event you will have with this save game. I am assuming that you can edit this to your own values but the durations, startDay and startDayTime aren't easily understandable. There are properties within this file called <currentRain> and <lastRain>, that will give you some basis for determining your startDay.
Intel i7-7700k + 32GB RAM + Maximus IX Code + 960Pro M.2 NVME 512GB SSD
ASUS ROG STRYX GTX1080 Ti 11GB OC
Alas, just plain old LED 1080P tube in 62 inch
Leonara

Post by Leonara »

It you want rain, do like I do, press the tilde key ` twice and then type gsStartRain , the press tilde again to close the console and it will start raining shortly after. Do it as often as you want.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

masterplan wrote:I got a rain or storm or whatever the heck it is on Lawfolds.
It's Scotland, if you don't like the weather wait ten minutes or drive ten miles... :gamer: :biggrin2:
Kind regards
Rolf of Huntly in Scotland ( not so far away from the real lawfolds)
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Paeppchen wrote:
masterplan wrote:I got a rain or storm or whatever the heck it is on Lawfolds.
It's Scotland, if you don't like the weather wait ten minutes or drive ten miles... :gamer: :biggrin2:
Kind regards
Rolf of Huntly in Scotland ( not so far away from the real lawfolds)
We say the same thing here in Ohio in the US lol. Glad other people have the same issues ;)
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
M&M

Post by M&M »

Rain or shine ,, it dont botter me ...
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

There is no bad weather, only a lack of wellingtons
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners