Attaching a front loader locks front axle swing?

Paddock

Attaching a front loader locks front axle swing?

Post by Paddock »

Does someone know, why attaching a front loader locks the front axle swing in Farming Simulator? While front axle swing lock (manual or automatic) is used in real life in backhoe loaders (it's possible to lock front axle swing while digging with backhoe -), even with these machines the lock is not used together with front loader in obvious reasons = locked front axle does not give any extra support when the front loader is used - quite opposite. So I'm wondering why Farming Simulator is scripted so that if a tractor has a FL attached then swinging front axle is locked? Even in the game this solution does not make any good for driving but really quite opposite. I think this is one very basic thing Giants should really fix. Looks bad, feels bad... so, why to keep it?

Greetings,
Paddock
Zetor9145

Re: Attaching a front loader locks front axle swing?

Post by Zetor9145 »

Not in the UK have we these locks, Can't see any use in locking the front axle at all, Now a wheeled 360 different matter all together with axle locks. You defiantly need them for lifting with a duck.
But I didn't think that they did swing in game (front axles)??
Paddock

Post by Paddock »

About the front axle swing in FS17: What I have noticed it depends and varies from tractor to tractor. While some models imitate real life front axle movement pretty nice, others don't. And now I was talking about the tractors without a FL. However I figured out a fix for that front loader - locked front axle issue too, so that's no problem a problem anymore.

Greetings,
Paddock
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I have played over 500 hours and have never noticed this nor seen it as a problem. The front axle moves so incredibly little I don't notice it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
phragmatic

Post by phragmatic »

Paddock wrote:About the front axle swing in FS17: What I have noticed it depends and varies from tractor to tractor. While some models imitate real life front axle movement pretty nice, others don't. And now I was talking about the tractors without a FL. However I figured out a fix for that front loader - locked front axle issue too, so that's no problem a problem anymore.

Greetings,
Paddock
I'm having the same issue, using a tractor with realistic front axel swing that locks the moment I attach a front loader to it. I've checked the xml files but haven't found a sollution yet. How did you fix it?
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

what do you guys mean by front axle swing??
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ I think it may be Drive Control red, Idk.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

The front axle on many tractors is attached to the machine at a pivot point in the middle. This allows the axle to rock as the tractor passes over uneven ground.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
phragmatic

Post by phragmatic »

FordFarmer97 wrote:^^ I think it may be Drive Control red, Idk.
Loaded game without it, same issue. Without any mods this still exist, tested with the stock NH 8340. I going to edit a front loader mod to see if I can get rid of it if mr Paddock won't spill the beans :zunge:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Earnest Pea wrote:The front axle on many tractors is attached to the machine at a pivot point in the middle. This allows the axle to rock as the tractor passes over uneven ground.
thank you :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
My Discord
novass

Post by novass »

I don't use front loaders on tractors usually. .I'll have to check that out.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^only use the skid steer :lol:
My Discord
Paddock

Post by Paddock »

As I started this thread, few notes about what I have learned after the very first post.

- If tractor's i3d model has a separate joint for the front axle, it is possible to configure this joint so it will react (swing/rock) properly when the tractor is proceeding on uneven ground.
- Some models are however build such way, that front axle pivot point is only visual part of the tractor's frame - not an individual, working and configurable part of the model. In that case it'll be impossible to get the front axle to work in real life style.
- What becomes on frontloaders, it is possible to get front axle swing to work properly also with frontloaders. However, changes both in tractor and frontloader configurations must be made. I'm planning to release a video about the subject in the future.