Gold crest valley

AgPro Farms

Re: Gold crest valley

Post by AgPro Farms »

BigC92 wrote:
LukeSpidey wrote:I spent more than 40 hours playing on GCV and at the beginning the map seemed to be really cool. But unfortunately after several hours the lack of possibility to join the first three fields I owned together made me quit the game. I tried several MOD maps and in my opinion they are much better than the maps prepared by Giants.

Moreover I think FS17 has the worst maps so far. In FS15 Westbridge Hills and Bjornholm were very differ and than we got Sosnovka. In FS13 there was Hagenstadt.

In FS17 we have only one new map with zero chances on modifying. I think the reason why Giants took the easy way is that there are MODS available on consoles, but that doesn't change the fact it's a little bit disappoining.
I have to disagree, i think GCV is what fs needed, it has forest, wbh lacked of, it has detail, wbh lacked that aswell, as for the other one, ive never watched YouTube vids on it, cause GCV was the map.
I agree BigC.

I myself still like GCV and will be using the Big Bud pack on it as well. The fields are easy to expand and join. My most recent was 5,9,&13. I am now working on a plan to join all of the southern fields (with exception of 31 I believe) and then going to break them into maybe 2 or 3 decent sized fields.

AO had nice sized fields, IMO, but the setting/ scene wasn't for me. I still have it, just been letting it sit a while. Will have to take a look at MVR when it comes out, but so far, no other has sold me as "the total package" like GCV has. I like the scenery, the town, layout, etc. The only thing is I'm not sure the roads are scaled quite right. At least not in comparison to all I've ever driven equipment down. I've never been down a road where a tractor with duals, much less triples, would fit in 1 lane. Other than that, I'm sticking with GCV for now.

There was a thread once about a Chesapeake Farms, I believe it was. Anyone know if anything ever came of that one? It looked interesting.

Sorry, rambled long enough.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

AgPro Farms wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
LukeSpidey wrote:I spent more than 40 hours playing on GCV and at the beginning the map seemed to be really cool. But unfortunately after several hours the lack of possibility to join the first three fields I owned together made me quit the game. I tried several MOD maps and in my opinion they are much better than the maps prepared by Giants.

Moreover I think FS17 has the worst maps so far. In FS15 Westbridge Hills and Bjornholm were very differ and than we got Sosnovka. In FS13 there was Hagenstadt.

In FS17 we have only one new map with zero chances on modifying. I think the reason why Giants took the easy way is that there are MODS available on consoles, but that doesn't change the fact it's a little bit disappoining.
I have to disagree, i think GCV is what fs needed, it has forest, wbh lacked of, it has detail, wbh lacked that aswell, as for the other one, ive never watched YouTube vids on it, cause GCV was the map.
I agree BigC.

I myself still like GCV and will be using the Big Bud pack on it as well. The fields are easy to expand and join. My most recent was 5,9,&13. I am now working on a plan to join all of the southern fields (with exception of 31 I believe) and then going to break them into maybe 2 or 3 decent sized fields.

AO had nice sized fields, IMO, but the setting/ scene wasn't for me. I still have it, just been letting it sit a while. Will have to take a look at MVR when it comes out, but so far, no other has sold me as "the total package" like GCV has. I like the scenery, the town, layout, etc. The only thing is I'm not sure the roads are scaled quite right. At least not in comparison to all I've ever driven equipment down. I've never been down a road where a tractor with duals, much less triples, would fit in 1 lane. Other than that, I'm sticking with GCV for now.

There was a thread once about a Chesapeake Farms, I believe it was. Anyone know if anything ever came of that one? It looked interesting.

Sorry, rambled long enough.
Ive heard of that map, ive seen screen shots of it, i do believe sittinhere is making the map, it caught my attention as well, fs needs more American maps, if they cant delivery, wont bother me none.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

There were a couple maps that had pretty frequent updates that sounded really close to completion but the updates quit and all information kind of went the way of the dodo. Chesapeake farms was one of them. :hmm:
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Yep. Chesapeake looked like it would've been a good one; green, contoured, modern shops/ barns, U.S. style grain bins, etc. Wonder if he may have decided to release it elsewhere. He also had a Court Farms 17 that he was working on as well. Never saw that one either.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

AgPro Farms wrote:Yep. Chesapeake looked like it would've been a good one; green, contoured, modern shops/ barns, U.S. style grain bins, etc. Wonder if he may have decided to release it elsewhere. He also had a Court Farms 17 that he was working on as well. Never saw that one either.
He might of but that seems like alot of work and effort to just cut cords and go somewhere else. I might have to do some looking around.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

AgPro Farms wrote:Yep. Chesapeake looked like it would've been a good one; green, contoured, modern shops/ barns, U.S. style grain bins, etc. Wonder if he may have decided to release it elsewhere. He also had a Court Farms 17 that he was working on as well. Never saw that one either.
Life happens you know? Gotta keep food on the table...
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have most hours played on a single savegame on GCV ... still playing it!
Now with the ground modification mod I can change the map to be more like I want it (I do not like all the super straight dirt roads) ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
KlaasLintz

Post by KlaasLintz »

BigC92 wrote:This time around on fs17, you dont buy chickens, you let the eggs hatch, then when you feel you have enough chickens, then you start collecting eggs, and the gold nuggets are scattered everywhere, you find 10 of them, the rest will be revealed to you.
Wait.. you can get more chickens by letting the eggs hatch?? :blushnew:
How long does it take them to hatch?
I look forward to playing Farming Simulator when i get home from work everyday, i can really unwind, relax and clear my head when im playing.
Guil

Post by Guil »

KlaasLintz wrote:
BigC92 wrote:This time around on fs17, you dont buy chickens, you let the eggs hatch, then when you feel you have enough chickens, then you start collecting eggs, and the gold nuggets are scattered everywhere, you find 10 of them, the rest will be revealed to you.
Wait.. you can get more chickens by letting the eggs hatch?? :blushnew:
How long does it take them to hatch?
No that's wrong. Eggs don't hatch and you can only have 22 eggs on the ground at any one time. Mod maps can have a higher amount though.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I still have GCV and play it often. I like it. I have two other maps I play equally well, American Outback, and Giants Island. However, the map with the most hours on it is still GCV. I have expanded the three starter fields and merged 5 and 9. Did some logging, and baling, as well, as running missions. Still holds my interest. I like American Outback as well, but logging is limited. However, with the recent update, there are a lot more fields that can be merged to make one big field. Can't wait for Big Bud to tackle them. Going to merge 17 and 18 on Giants Island to prepare for the Big bud arrival.
FS-19 (PC)
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

So far i have 22 23 24 27 19 12 14 16
I have had to spread equipment to cow sheep and pig farms too. Tired of trying to move equipment from 1 area to the other.
Jwolfm3

Post by Jwolfm3 »

Cows are easy if u buy the 3 fields right there use one for grass one for hay and one for corn/silage.. sheep I purchased the field right there made it grass left one tractor there with a mower and forage wagon and the pigs I used all the starter fields to do the different crops and just trucked over the products
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Bought 7 last nite planted grass on it.
oneway

Post by oneway »

I've looked around on a couple other maps but I'm still on GCV. I actually did a little edit and expanded the cow section into field 27. I got rid of the silage bunkers so I could put in a silo fermentor and a tmr mixer and have plenty of room for bales. I also expanded the pig area for a pig food mixer and grain storage. I want to see how many cows I can get. I can put up pics later. I'm working the day job right now.
PC USER
Gojifan54

Post by Gojifan54 »

So, I'm in Goldcrest valley in farming simulator 19 Nintendo Switch edition. Can anybody tell me where I can sell eggs? Or buy more chickens?
I play Farming Simulator 19 on Nintendo Switch exclusively.