Gold crest valley

Erica Von

Re: Gold crest valley

Post by Erica Von »

Umm ok so if i set diffilty from hard to normal do i have to start. A new map?
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

From what I read, only if you're on PC, and it might involve a spot of editing in your careersavegame.xml.
Hopefully someone else can chime in to confirm or correct me.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Im on console xbox1. But thanks.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Yup, on console you can't switch, you have to start a new save.
PS4
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Sigh all that work at least i have experance that i didnt have before.
bbishere2

Post by bbishere2 »

You can do a search for gold crest valley map and find a map with the gold nuggets highlighted, is the quickest way to find the 1st ones - once you get 10, your map on the game will highlight them. Crouch and jump to go up the ladder on one of the water towers to get the nugget at the top, nugget is on the ground under the other water tower. Some of the nuggets in town are on the roof and you'll need a tractor with a front loader or a telehandler to get up to the roof to get to them - I used one of the Case tractors with a loader and pallet fork - pulled the tractor against the building until it had the front wheels off of the ground to get on top!
LukeSpidey

Post by LukeSpidey »

I spent more than 40 hours playing on GCV and at the beginning the map seemed to be really cool. But unfortunately after several hours the lack of possibility to join the first three fields I owned together made me quit the game. I tried several MOD maps and in my opinion they are much better than the maps prepared by Giants.

Moreover I think FS17 has the worst maps so far. In FS15 Westbridge Hills and Bjornholm were very differ and than we got Sosnovka. In FS13 there was Hagenstadt.

In FS17 we have only one new map with zero chances on modifying. I think the reason why Giants took the easy way is that there are MODS available on consoles, but that doesn't change the fact it's a little bit disappoining.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

LukeSpidey wrote:I spent more than 40 hours playing on GCV and at the beginning the map seemed to be really cool. But unfortunately after several hours the lack of possibility to join the first three fields I owned together made me quit the game. I tried several MOD maps and in my opinion they are much better than the maps prepared by Giants.

Moreover I think FS17 has the worst maps so far. In FS15 Westbridge Hills and Bjornholm were very differ and than we got Sosnovka. In FS13 there was Hagenstadt.

In FS17 we have only one new map with zero chances on modifying. I think the reason why Giants took the easy way is that there are MODS available on consoles, but that doesn't change the fact it's a little bit disappoining.
I have to disagree, i think GCV is what fs needed, it has forest, wbh lacked of, it has detail, wbh lacked that aswell, as for the other one, ive never watched YouTube vids on it, cause GCV was the map.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I also found GCV extremely disappointing... its setup so that AI workers have the best chance of success in doing what they have to.. I used it for trophies and dumped it....never looked back

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I really tried to like GCV. I think it's a great looking map with lots of detail. I love using the train. It's set in the mountains, I like that. But after 100 hours into it, we got our first mod map and I've not looked back. I got so bored with it for some reason. It's a really nicely done map and I love the scenery, town, roads, etc... but I don't enjoy farming on it. Maybe I'll revisit it sometime in the future, but it's just not for me. Maybe it's the incredibly small fields. I don't know. I liked Bjornholm well enough, Westbridge was my go to for large scale farming, didn't care much for Hagenstedt, loved the FS2011 map (maybe 'cause it was my first???).

I just thought of it. GCV fields are too flat compared to the scenery. With a map like that, we should be working the hill sides. It just seems unnatural for some reason.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I actually prefer Westbridge to GCV... and I HATE Westbridge.. but at least it contours... fields follow the natural flow of the land.. seemingly anyway.. but I think you are right fenixguy...GCV does seem unnatural...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I would say if nothing else, GCV is a great showcase for the new FS17 features and upgrades. Personally I love the map and I have went back to it and started a new farm and I am about 50 hours in. But there are so many different maps that is one thing that makes this game great and keeps it from getting boring.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Have 9 plots 3 greenhouses 90 sheep 35 cows 100 pigs keeps me busy been storing ingreadiants for pig food in train stn silos near pig farm. Poplar how long till i can hatvest them bouhgt plot 7 near bgas plant.
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

Wow. That is a a great farm! It is pretty diverse!

I am playing on hard, and I am about 50 hours into it. I have bought field 7 & 8 to add to the starting fields. I have about 80 cows and all I am currently farming is silage for the biogas plant. I have a bunch of bales and cow food stored up. I bought a harvester and I am using the new 70 ton semi trailers as double road trains. I am making good money now and plan on buying a couple more fields soon. Then I will get into cash crops soon.

Love this game!
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Have 3 hsrvesters been usung forestry for keeping the wolf away from my door. He700 chipper make 33k feeding it 1 to 2ft logs. Have that scorpion king plant fir trees.