Gold crest valley

packer_fan

Re: Gold crest valley

Post by packer_fan »

Erica Von wrote:I wondered about that myself, say where is the fuel station for my farm?
cant find it, I had to drive to town and get fuel there.
Also I looked to buy a fuel trailer and there is only one for water not fuel.
there is a mod for a placeable fuel station
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

The Test:

I just pulled 33,556 Soybeans off the 3 Starter plots in GCV.
I reset the Fertilizer to 1 in stead of 3 and replanted Soybeans in the 3 same plots sower has Fertilizer and seed so that's 1 time.
tomorrow I'll will harvest the plots see if I get more soybeans or less than the first harvest.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Erica Von wrote:The Test:

I just pulled 33,556 Soybeans off the 3 Starter plots in GCV.
I reset the Fertilizer to 1 in stead of 3 and replanted Soybeans in the 3 same plots sower has Fertilizer and seed so that's 1 time.
tomorrow I'll will harvest the plots see if I get more soybeans or less than the first harvest.
These tests were done long ago Erica and I'm sure they were put on YouTube as well. I'd say the posts here were archived so not sure if they can be found.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Personally i would think i should get alot less.
Guil

Post by Guil »

If the fields were at the max fertilised state you will get the same regardless if 1x feet or 3x fert is enabled.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Your right I got the same amount 2 times not difference between Fertilizer state 1 or 3. Ok that being said why was I told that state 3 gave more crops than state 1 its why I invested a lot of time and money to do that. And now I find out that it was a total waste of time and $$$s. Guess someone is having a good laugh on that one.

Lesson learned do not believe everyone that says something about something or anything. By and large this is the first fail I have discovered with information on this board but it was a very expensive lesson.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You more than likely interpreted it wrong especially coming from fs15 or it is also a possibility whoever told you wasn't sure themselves. It all depends if 1x fert or 3x fert is enabled.
3x fert gives the same yield as 1x fert provided you fert all 3 times. If 3x is enabled and you only fert once or twice then you will definitely get a reduction in yield compared to 1x and fert once.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Well I was doing it correctly used that radish first, then plowed that in planted then fert 2 more times and I get the same yield as on the 1x setting. Sigh all that work for zip.
whatever, I'm just sticking to the 1x setting and plowing on the 4th planting to get the 10% bonus for plowing it says you get that bonus for 3 consecutive plantings.
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

It was me that told you that method sorry assumed you had it on 3 fert stages, also those settings are for your personal simulation preference eg. Plant growth, periodic plowing etc up to you what kinda work you wanna put in :smileynew: that tip was for periodic plowing on and 3 fert stages to be more clear
Guil

Post by Guil »

There is no correct or incorrect way to fertilise, you either have it on 1x or 3x and then apply fert accordingly. Whether you plant radish and then cultivate that and plant your crop with a seeder that doesn't fertilise or spread manure or slurry before seeding it makes no difference whatsoever. It's whatever tickles your fancy.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

I did go to settings and set from 1 to 3.
Set plow to on then plant radish then plow it in then fert during 2 plant growth stages. And even bought a weeder but problem it only works on the first plant stage. So there is no x3 yield. Its the same as x1. Good i found out about this now cause i had planed on doing it this way for a long time. Lesson learned.
Guil

Post by Guil »

There's no lesson to be learned. It Just depends on what way you want to play. Some like having to fertilse more and some don't. There's no right or wrong.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

So why would anyone put down fert when it does not increase crop yield? or am I just missing something important?
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

Because it's a simulation game so YOU decide the settings or work you wanna put in, personally I like three fert stages because it gives me a reason to use different methods or equipment and adds a bit of realism to your experience, as I said Erica those settings are for your personal preference if someone doesn't wanna do something they don't have to in fs 17
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

You can also save yourself the effort of ploughing if you turn that setting to off, then you will get no reduction in yield from not ploughing.
You can set the difficulty to easy, and make more money when you sell your crops. Set the timescale to whatever suits you at that particular moment, that's the beauty of this game, there's no right or wrong way to play, and there's no goal besides the ones you set yourself. You decide how challenging you want to make it!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc