Beacon lights

Liamrodge

Beacon lights

Post by Liamrodge »

Hi. I'm just after starting playing fs17 on pc. Played on PS4 the whole time but decided for an upgrade. Just noticed that my beacons don't give a reflection.. playing on high settings. Is it a mod or am I missing something. Thanks
mdoss

Re: Beacon lights

Post by mdoss »

Yeah, you're fine. Apparently that's a feature that's for PC only.

Edit: I just reread your post. I thought you said you were on console.
If you're on PC, there is a specific setting to show the reflecting beacons. Called dynamic lights or something..

That should allow the reflections..
:)

Edit #2:
It is in your main options menu from the start page.
Click on Advanced Graphic Settings button
Turn on Realistic Beacon Lights.
*thumbsup*
Last edited by mdoss on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Liamrodge

Post by Liamrodge »

Sweet thanks for the quick reply *thumbsup*
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Liamrodge wrote:Sweet thanks for the quick reply *thumbsup*
No problem!
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

mdoss wrote:Yeah, you're fine. Apparently that's a feature that's for PC only.

Edit: I just reread your post. I thought you said you were on console.
If you're on PC, there is a specific setting to show the reflecting beacons. Called dynamic lights or something..

That should allow the reflections..
:)

Edit #2:
It is in your main options menu from the start page.
Click on Advanced Graphic Settings button
Turn on Realistic Beacon Lights.
*thumbsup*
I'm on PS4 and I'm pretty sure my becons reflect from other objects :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

RODHA wrote:I'm on PS4 and I'm pretty sure my becons reflect from other objects :confusednew:
Wow, I was pretty sure that feature wasn't on console because of hardware limitations... I had read that discussion a few times in the past that it was a PC only feature. I know my Xbox One doesn't do it..

In another Console Mod Request thread, someone just asked if console could please get the reflecting beacons like PC, and someone replied...:
PrincessJessi84 wrote:this was one area where giants actually weighed in a while back and they said it wont be coming to console due to performance limitations.. like they said.. having a single tractor with 1 set of flashing lights wouldn't be a problem.. however.. potentially having dozens of tractors with their lights flashing "realistically" would render the game unplayable on console
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

The only place I have ever noticed beacon reflection is on the gate at the shop on Lossberg... never at any other time..ever.

Which begs the question... if it can be done there...why can't it be done everywhere ? I can see having the limitation to the tractor you are currently in and not all of them.. no big deal....so why not

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

mdoss wrote:
RODHA wrote:I'm on PS4 and I'm pretty sure my becons reflect from other objects :confusednew:
Wow, I was pretty sure that feature wasn't on console because of hardware limitations... I had read that discussion a few times in the past that it was a PC only feature. I know my Xbox One doesn't do it..
I will check this out ASAP.
After reading your comment I doubted myself. So, I might be wrong on this one.
I'm sure that the indicator lights (tractor, truck, etc.) do reflect on the vehicle parts (fender etc.) or on trailers.
And I remember that this is also true for the beacon lights.
But still I might have confused one with the other.
PS5 / FS22
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

rendering in lights especially moving lights is as hard on a gpu as anything and in some cases even harder.. i had 7 days to die on my xbox and the only time it ever really became upset with me was when using lights especially the torches as they had a flicker to them.. a couple was fine but anything beyond that being rendered at one time and my fps just kind of started getting nasty.. when i got fs on my xbox and discovered that the beacons didn't reflect off of the objects like i had seen in videos i let out a string of swear words that would make a sailor blush.. but it is what it is.. ultimately i think the goal is to keep the game running as smooth possible on consoles due to the current limitations of the machines and game engine through the slot systems and dumbing down some of the graphical aspects like realistic beacon lights and while i like the solution proposed by cr41g_1965 i find it unlikely that giants will implement that for this edition of fs17.. so this is the part where i should live up to my elitist status and suggest everyone stop being cheap and by a pc (only a joke.. please put away the torches and pitch forks) I'm not gonna do that.. I'm going to be the objective pc user and say that the next edition of FS isn't too terribly far off offering the possibility of a newer optimized game engine as well as in the same year that fs19 is due to release the next gen of consoles is also scheduled to release.. my hope for consoles at this point is that have a more optimized game and more powerful system to play it on will open tons of doors for console users.. then the only real obstacle will be getting Sony and MS to let up on the scripting restrictions.. from there the sky is the limit.. but seriously.. put away the pitchfork.. i was only joking about u buying a pc :geeknew:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:rendering in lights especially moving lights is as hard on a gpu as anything and in some cases even harder.. i had 7 days to die on my xbox and the only time it ever really became upset with me was when using lights especially the torches as they had a flicker to them.. a couple was fine but anything beyond that being rendered at one time and my fps just kind of started getting nasty.. when i got fs on my xbox and discovered that the beacons didn't reflect off of the objects like i had seen in videos i let out a string of swear words that would make a sailor blush.. but it is what it is.. ultimately i think the goal is to keep the game running as smooth possible on consoles due to the current limitations of the machines and game engine through the slot systems and dumbing down some of the graphical aspects like realistic beacon lights and while i like the solution proposed by cr41g_1965 i find it unlikely that giants will implement that for this edition of fs17.. so this is the part where i should live up to my elitist status and suggest everyone stop being cheap and by a pc (only a joke.. please put away the torches and pitch forks) I'm not gonna do that.. I'm going to be the objective pc user and say that the next edition of FS isn't too terribly far off offering the possibility of a newer optimized game engine as well as in the same year that fs19 is due to release the next gen of consoles is also scheduled to release.. my hope for consoles at this point is that have a more optimized game and more powerful system to play it on will open tons of doors for console users.. then the only real obstacle will be getting Sony and MS to let up on the scripting restrictions.. from there the sky is the limit.. but seriously.. put away the pitchfork.. i was only joking about u buying a pc :geeknew:
Very well put Jesse. But in reality if people do want the best out of the game they do need to buy a pc. This series was for pc to start with so it's only right that it has features us console users can't have. I've asked the same question myself and I got told it's because of how much the game has to load at once. I compared fs to GTA as that has beacon reflections to some degree.. simply put, the way fs17 has to load it all up and keep it running makes it near on impossible to implement the reflections simply because Xbox/ps can't handle it. People need to stop slating pc users just because they themselves purchased the wrong system for the game. Easy solution for giants.. release it as a mod and let it screw everyone's frame rate, hopefully then they will see GIANTS are being spiteful. It's just not possible...
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

No beacon lights on the PS4 version doesn't kill the game for me. I don't even use the beacon lights WHEN I play it on the PC.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Yeah, beacons aren't that big a deal to me..

It would really be useful if they actually meant something! Like if you have your beacons on, traffic might yield for you, or scoot over and give you a little extra room, or something
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I was wrong.
No beacon light reflection on PS4.
I have confused it with the vehicle lights.
All of the vehicle lights reflect from any surface. But not the beacon lights.
PS5 / FS22
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Haha, yeah, I was a little bummed when I first found this out too. But if i had to choose between reflecting beacons, or having a more stable frame-rate, I'll pick the frame-rate...!!

Plus if you ever play multiplayer on PC, those reflecting beacons get pretty annoying when several people are using them at once, especially at night!!
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
kane1973

Post by kane1973 »

I activated the realistic beacon option on pc. But i don't have any reflection.