[INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

TurboFarmer

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by TurboFarmer »

ArizonaSnow wrote:This is one reason why I suggested a Console Mod Contest. It is pretty obvious by BSM mods and the Lely Juno mod that mods can do clever things without external scripts.
This is a great idea!!
PS4 Farmer
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

I am going to say this before someone else does. A console contest limits modders creativity.

Thats not how i think but there will be others who would say this.
Me personally i love the idea. One of my favorite sayings comes from ol mr. Ford. If you give two people the same task and one says they can't and the other says they can they are both right. BSM and a couple others has shown time and time again the i can attitude and thats one of the reasons i like them. They dont concern themselves with what can't we do with console limitations and instead look at what they can do within those limitations. Cant do ic for consoles...they did. Cant do old school tractors ...they did. Cant put all animals on one farm...they did. And though i dont use the lely and it wasnt a bsm people said you cant do that...they did. You cant have a 3pt logging arm...they did. Im sure there are othet modders out there who have pushed the boundries of what can be done. I tip my hat to all of you.
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

Princeguardian wrote:I am going to say this before someone else does. A console contest limits modders creativity.

Thats not how i think but there will be others who would say this.
Me personally i love the idea. One of my favorite sayings comes from ol mr. Ford. If you give two people the same task and one says they can't and the other says they can they are both right. BSM and a couple others has shown time and time again the i can attitude and thats one of the reasons i like them. They dont concern themselves with what can't we do with console limitations and instead look at what they can do within those limitations. Cant do ic for consoles...they did. Cant do old school tractors ...they did. Cant put all animals on one farm...they did. And though i dont use the lely and it wasnt a bsm people said you cant do that...they did. You cant have a 3pt logging arm...they did. Im sure there are othet modders out there who have pushed the boundries of what can be done. I tip my hat to all of you.

Couldn't agree more...BSM definitely set the bar as far as modding goes. Big shout to all modders though fs17 wouldn't be the same for us console players
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

What game engine does GIANTS use?

I ask this because the new Project Cars game has a fantastic weather model that would be absolutely fantastic in Farming Simulator. One weather model that could run on both consoles and PC and would be a great base for seasons gameplay.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

If this thread is about thanking BsM for their amazing mods, count me in foks! *thumbsup*
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

hi there

i had a idea for console players (the plan . make 2 hole farms placeable .. the same in size) make space on map for farm and console players buys the farm they wish to play.

have your say and if its possible i'll give it a go.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Great idea soms2
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm a bit confused :confusednew:

Do you mean making an empty map so that we can build our own farm by using available placeables and creating our own fields or do you mean you will make 2 placeable farms (as a whole facility) and a map with fields and everything in it except the farm facility so that we can buy and place the one we like?
PS5 / FS22
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

no just farm at the momment (its all down to time i have to make two farms but modders in time may make more farms. well thats how i look at it)
if you look at it (go for cheep farm or upgrade to the god of all farms) lol
or old vers new look farms
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ok. I got it. That would be great.
PS5 / FS22
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Sounds amazing shoe. Im sorry i did not place you in rant above. I really enjoy your maps. Th8s new idea of yours sounds awesome.
JTstractors

Post by JTstractors »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote:hi there

i had a idea for console players (the plan . make 2 hole farms placeable .. the same in size) make space on map for farm and console players buys the farm they wish to play.

have your say and if its possible i'll give it a go.
That would me amazing. That would definitely bring more of depth to the farms for sure. Really dig all of your maps SOMS2 you rock *thumbsup*
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Yes this would be great. I can now imagine having a huge farm yard loaded with equipment
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Natearador

Post by Natearador »

redglasses wrote:Yes this would be great. I can now imagine having a huge farm yard loaded with equipment
I would have no
Hedges or trees or fences
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Natearador wrote:
redglasses wrote:Yes this would be great. I can now imagine having a huge farm yard loaded with equipment
I would have no
Hedges or trees or fences
You want a moon map
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .