[INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Law0t019t

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by Law0t019t »

hugassi wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:46 pm in this final stretch to get the FS19, what is the most desired map to reach for the consoles?
Are we talking maps allready released or waiting to be released/ sent for testing?
Alzain20

Post by Alzain20 »

okay here's how I see this. I honestly believe that a lot of the whining and complaining is Justified. Giants lis made a statement stating that they would give us daily updates everyday Monday through Friday. They honestly only keep up with it about half the time. I believe people are Justified with their complaining because they are holding Giants to what they said they were going to do. If giants can't handle keeping up with an update list then they probably should have not offered it.
PS4
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

waiting to be released Law0t019t ...
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Law0t019t

Post by Law0t019t »

hugassi wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:00 pm waiting to be released Law0t019t ...
Coolio and has to be shamrock valley for me!
Law0t019t

Post by Law0t019t »

Alzain20 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm okay here's how I see this. I honestly believe that a lot of the whining and complaining is Justified. Giants lis made a statement stating that they would give us daily updates everyday Monday through Friday. They honestly only keep up with it about half the time. I believe people are Justified with their complaining because they are holding Giants to what they said they were going to do. If giants can't handle keeping up with an update list then they probably should have not offered it.
Glad to see someone gets what im saying in a way :)
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Giants don't have to tell us anything. Since the testing list was introduced it's been updated like 99% of the time. It's quiet now because a) lis was ill b) because fs19 gets priority c) giants aren't that big of a company. I don't hear anyone saying stop developing fs19 and test mods please! Be grateful for what you get. You're entitled to nothing. Extra info is a privilege and the content is free.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Law0t019t wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:58 pm Does anyone know why he did the update on Tuesday but put mods on there that were released the day before? If they are an update then that goes against what they say about first mods in first out as the update should have gone to the back of the que? Im on about the romanian geos btw just hope it isnt that way round because thats not fair on the mods that have been in the que fot a while and still not tested
Most likely what has happened is there was an error with grass growth in the geo and it was noticed and an update sent in straight away which was tested and uploaded to modhub by Giants. Common sense goes a long way, a geo is a small mod in comparison and especially an update.

Alzain20 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm okay here's how I see this. I honestly believe that a lot of the whining and complaining is Justified. Giants lis made a statement stating that they would give us daily updates everyday Monday through Friday. They honestly only keep up with it about half the time. I believe people are Justified with their complaining because they are holding Giants to what they said they were going to do. If giants can't handle keeping up with an update list then they probably should have not offered it.
One person at Giants updates the list and takes days off work like you or I or anyone else on this forum, can you back up your statement or are you just ranting for the sake of it?
Alzain20

Post by Alzain20 »

I don't know about you but here where I'm from if you take too many days off of work you get fired. If giants cannot handle the workload right now maybe they should consider hiring more people. As for the earlier statement I absolutely believe that if a company says they're going to do something the customers / clients should hold them to that. Remember it was a request from the customers for this list Giants said they would do it and keep up with it daily.
PS4
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Dude, learn how to quote.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

My take on all this is like this...we’ve had 4 pointless geo mods pass testing,an auto load trailer which doesn’t work and the crop drier mod which is next to useless. None of this has helped the patience with the community. Me personally I’m not bothered I’ve got more than enough to keep me busy. If time is precious on giants side of things maybe they should prioritise some of the better mods from more reputable mod makers at this point in time with fs 19 so close
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Patrick73 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:12 pm My take on all this is like this...we’ve had 4 pointless geo mods pass testing,an auto load trailer which doesn’t work and the crop drier mod which is next to useless. None of this has helped the patience with the community. Me personally I’m not bothered I’ve got more than enough to keep me busy. If time is precious on giants side of things maybe they should prioritise some of the better mods from more reputable mod makers at this point in time with fs 19 so close
Am I the only one the trailer works for?
I use with a Deutz Series 9 and its great,unless I do a 90 WFO.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Personally? I'd be just as happy if they came out and said "we're done with FS17 mods for the time being, we're focusing all of our efforts on FS19".

Not all mods are created equally, nor are we privy to the full extent of the testing required. As well, be careful speaking for the community writ-large. Though the mods you mentioned may not appeal to you and other like-minded players, they may very well appeal to others. Sure, there may be aspects of their appearance/functionality that are not as polished as many would expect, but you have to start somewhere, and that they were published at all should say something!

As for "prioritizing" mods for review/testing/release, I personally believe that to be a dangerous path, as it would stoke the flames regarding bias/favouritism ("Why is Modder X getting their mods out ahead of mine?
I think my work is better!", etc...). I suspect it would also lead to many modders becoming frustrated, as newer modders would then be forced to compete against the "established" modders just to get in line for testing, let alone have their mod published. Given the appetite for mods on consoles, I would offer that the focus should be on making the process open and fair to everyone, in order to bring in more modders willing to invest the extra time/effort required to publish mods on console.

Sure, this likely means there will be some mods that may not appeal to all, or may not be as polished as others - but it means more people are able to get into the world of modding and learn through experience (likely iterative at the outset), rather than exclusively relying upon observation of others.

P.S. Does anyone else still consider the fact that Giants invests their time/effort to give us FREE content?
Last edited by cmdrbyron on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hillr

Post by Hillr »

I’ve only been on this forum for a couple months now and I’ve noticed right off the bat that some people (especially 2 people in the last two pages) have been extraordinarily quick to be aggressive to people asking simple questions. Let’s face it, a lot of us have wondered where updates have been, myself included, but when someone brings it up in the forum, there’s no need to be hostile towards the person asking. Honestly, If you react angrily to someone asking something on here, take a break if you take it that serious.
Law0t019t

Post by Law0t019t »

Hillr well said dude the fact that no matter how you word something you want to post on here people just assume your moaning and jump to start an argument happened to me a few times on here and its honestly putting me of the community and the game if people cant respond in a respectful manner they shouldnt reply at all or even be on this forum it was created for things like asking questions and trying to get info but when you do your attacked things need to change i know a lot of people and friends who are to scared to post questions or just avoid this forum in general because it has a bad name for moany agrressive people who spit there dummy out at the slightest post
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

cmdrbyron wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:02 pm As for "prioritizing" mods for review/testing/release, I personally believe that to be a dangerous path, as it would stoke the flames regarding bias/favouritism ("Why is Modder X getting their mods out ahead of mine?
I think y work is better!", etc...). I suspect it would also lead to many modders becoming frustrated, as newer modders would then be forced to compete against the "established" modders just to get in line for testing, let alone have their mod published. Given the appetite for mods on consoles, I would offer that the focus should be on making the process open and fair to everyone, in order to bring in more modders willing to invest the extra time/effort required to publish mods on console.
Here's my problem, testing a 3m cultivator for X amount of hours and holding up a very polished tractor or map is what is pi** people off. Given some 3m cultivators are lit but I would much rather have the tractor...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer