[INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

RODHA

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by RODHA »

^^ Did you read what is wrong with the mod?
I mean it is like a tractor without the wheels.
So, really just a feedback?
I also don't get mods at release. At least not without watching a couple of review videos.
But this is a sell point. I thought what could be wrong about it.
Obviosuly a lot could be wrong about it.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No need to have ago at people Rodha, just report the problem and be done with it
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I did exactly that but people just didn't want to leave it there.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

redglasses wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:23 pm I know, but usually every console mod is released for pc
Not true, theres a few console modsnthat dont shownup on the pc one
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm Nope. As English is not my native language, may be I used the wrong terminology.
Fair enough. Your English is very good so I wrongly assumed you were an English speaker. :)

RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pmWhat I meant was these issues cannot be caused just because the modder is not able to test the mod before console release.
These are pretty basic features that a sell point should meet.
It is obvious that something went wrong and I can't take any positive approach to it because it caused a problem in my save game.
Not all mods have to be perfect or great. But they at least should work properly and don't mess up with my save.
Yes we do take that risk but that doesn't mean I can't complain when the risk happens.
Because it is modders responsibility to avoid that ever happening.
If the modder doesn't do that then the mod creates issues and people get upset and complain.
That is a natural reaction and I don't it is fair to blame me for complaining.
Not that you are directly doing that but although you understand my frustration and its reasons you still want to defend the modder.
This is not a fight for me. This is simple. That mod caused an issue that I don't like in my game. And I'm complaining about it.
My intention is not to start any argument but the modder and other users has to see this.
Just keeping all quite because of kidness doesn't really help anybody.
Once again though I will say that the mod seems to work fine on my limited testing on PC. That's all a modder can do, test on PC - if it doesn't work on consoles then that's for GIANTS to report back to the modder so alterations can be made.

As I said though, mod conflicts are common (more so on PC) and perhaps some other mod you have installed isn't playing well with this mod.

Like I said if you (or someone else) could report back after testing the mod without others and see if the mod still causes issues then the modder might be able to check what's causing it.
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Ok tried an experiment. Took two equal loads of barley on loan oak. One to the agri sell point and one to the placeable drier/sell point. I got about $30,000 at the agri so wanted to compare. Tipped at the dryer and BOOM! NOTHING, ZERO, **** ALL.
Maybe I just donated 47,000 l to charity then. I'll await my thankyou letter from Bob Geldof.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Fade2black wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:58 pm Ok tried an experiment. Took two equal loads of barley on loan oak. One to the agri sell point and one to the placeable drier/sell point. I got about $30,000 at the agri so wanted to compare. Tipped at the dryer and BOOM! NOTHING, ZERO, **** ALL.
Maybe I just donated 47,000 l to charity then. I'll await my thankyou letter from Bob Geldof.
Yup, just checked myself and barley must have a value of zero. Wheat sold as normal (sadly I just checked wheat earlier).
Fade2black

Post by Fade2black »

Really? I just picked Barley at random. Oh well it's gone now anyway.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Yup. Of the crops it takes (wheat, barley, maize and straw) the only grain that sells for any value at all is wheat, but I haven't checked straw. That is pretty poor and certainly down the modder's own testing as that isn't console specific, but I would have hoped GIANTS would have picked up on that too.

I apologise to RODHA if I've misunderstood this, but I was under the impression the sell point appeared in his prices menu and all the prices were 0 or blank (blank is fine for the crops it doesn't accept, but zero isn't).

For me the sell point doesn't appear in my prices menu, with or without other mods and on mod maps as well as Goldcrest Valley.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I suggest making a thread in the Modhub Bug-Report section on this forum. That way GIANTS and the modder can get constructive feedback there.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm I did exactly that but people just didn't want to leave it there.
You have every right to be negative.
Youre not downing a mod because its something you dont like or didnt want.
It actualy messed with your game.
Im sorry this happened to you and am glad you posted about it before others downloaded it.
Glad I read all this before I got this mod.
I would be be p!ssed if I downloaded this and it messed with my 975 hours GCV save!!
Thanks!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Rodha you have my sympathy,I downloaded the root crop sale mod and it could’ve easily have done the same. From now on I will have a separate test map much like mr sealyp does. Just to stir the sh#t this mod was given priority over say for instance shamrock valley.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm Nope. As English is not my native language, may be I used the wrong terminology.
Fair enough. Your English is very good so I wrongly assumed you were an English speaker. :)
Because of work I use English in my daily life more than my native language. Thats probably why you thought like that. But when the subject gets too complicated I simply run out of vocabulary :biggrin2:

Back on the topic.
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:34 pm I apologise to RODHA if I've misunderstood this, but I was under the impression the sell point appeared in his prices menu and all the prices were 0 or blank (blank is fine for the crops it doesn't accept, but zero isn't).
Nope you get it all correct. Please see the screen shot. This Lone Oak.

You see the farmsilo there? And the prices?
Now, it seems this line shows up in mod maps but it doesn't even show up on GCV. This on its own is an issue.
I didn't try to sell crops so I can't comment. But apparently Fade2black prooved it the hard way.
But if I get back to that line again. Farmsilo line on the pricing list. There is no such mod installed in my game atm. I deleted it last night but the line is still there. And it seems to be staying there. So far I didn't get any issues because it is there and as long as this doesn't change I will consider myself lucky.

Btw, I'm done with posting bug reports because if it was a mod bug and if the modder is not following up the topics it is just a waste of time. Sometimes even Giants doesn't respond to game related bug reports.
PS5 / FS22
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm
Because of work I use English in my daily life more than my native language. Thats probably why you thought like that. But when the subject gets too complicated I simply run out of vocabulary :biggrin2:

Back on the topic.
this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:34 pm I apologise to RODHA if I've misunderstood this, but I was under the impression the sell point appeared in his prices menu and all the prices were 0 or blank (blank is fine for the crops it doesn't accept, but zero isn't).
Nope you get it all correct. Please see the screen shot. This Lone Oak.

You see the farmsilo there? And the prices?
Now, it seems this line shows up in mod maps but it doesn't even show up on GCV. This on its own is an issue.
I didn't try to sell crops so I can't comment. But apparently Fade2black prooved it the hard way.
But if I get back to that line again. Farmsilo line on the pricing list. There is no such mod installed in my game atm. I deleted it last night but the line is still there. And it seems to be staying there. So far I didn't get any issues because it is there and as long as this doesn't change I will consider myself lucky.

Btw, I'm done with posting bug reports because if it was a mod bug and if the modder is not following up the topics it is just a waste of time. Sometimes even Giants doesn't respond to game related bug reports.
Still waiting on reply to solar shed invisablity bug that 2 months old with no response. Someone even posted it in German fourm with no luck.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:20 am
Patrick73 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:22 pm Rodha you have my sympathy,I downloaded the root crop sale mod and it could’ve easily have done the same. From now on I will have a separate test map much like mr sealyp does. Just to stir the sh#t this mod was given priority over say for instance shamrock valley.
How was it given priority? Shamrock valley came out yesterday too. There is no priority, its first come first serve.
I did say for instance!