[INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Derplodactyl

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by Derplodactyl »

Thanks for the update Lethian. 😁

Fingers crossed for some additions soon...!
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Bigger picture guys FFS !

I know I've not been here long but cannot believe some of the posts I've read- what a petty place this is sometimes ! All this drama over FREE MODS ?!!
FS17 on XBone
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ So, you are basically playing only with the in-game machinery right?
PS5 / FS22
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

No not at all, where did I say that?
FS17 on XBone
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

If you are using mods, it means you are familiar with the excitement.
Which also means judging people's reactions and questioning that excitement doesn't really make sense since you are also familiar with the feeling.
Yes, some people are taking this excitement to a higher level and can become annoying but still, it is how they feel.
Judging people on their feelings just doesn't work.
I did the same thing a lot way back when but it was just wrong.
PS5 / FS22
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

I misread the excitement as just being rude to the modders and Giants- am actually surprised there's still so many awesome mods coming out for FS17 when FS19 is so close. Plus with E3 and everything going on right now, for a small company I think they are focussing on more important things.

I get what you're saying, and do love a good mod (although I get excited and then realise it's not for console!) but to me there's a better way of harnessing that excitement, and being negative towards modders or giants isn't the way.

Just my opinion ;)
FS17 on XBone
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Excitement is fine, impatience is still ok, an annoying part of the excitement. But people take it even further than that and become disrespectful to others, that's where the problems come from.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TallPaul003 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:28 pm I get what you're saying, and do love a good mod (although I get excited and then realise it's not for console!) but to me there's a better way of harnessing that excitement, and being negative towards modders or giants isn't the way.
True. I'm absolutely not defending those disrespectful people.
I just thought your post was about every complaint on the lacking of mods :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

Krd1749 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 am Maybe I was raised wrong, but when someone is going out of their way to do something they don't have to do at all (making mods/testing them/adding them to the modhub), heckling them constantly about how long it is taking them is pretty ungrateful behavior.
The guys who work for GIANTS (the ones that test/add them to the modhub) get paid for their work, so that argument is invalid. I'm sure someone will take that statement as disrespect towards GIANTS, but it's really not at all. People on this forum are way too sensitive when it comes to people speaking their mind. If someone is attacking another user personally, yes that's an issue, but questioning the lack of mods is not disrespectful. Impatient? Sure, but disrespectful? No.

I work in a factory and if I felt disrespected every time someone asked me why a product was taking more time than usual, I'd end up losing my mind. When you're a supplier of a product (in this case, mods) you're going to get people asking questions, it's part of the job.
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
BigNRichlll

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing & Sociology

Post by BigNRichlll »

Omniplasma wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 pm People on this forum are way too sensitive when it comes to people speaking their mind.
I wish this sentence could be pummeled into the minds of our children from the age of 6. How can two people share ideas if the first person feels attacked if the second persons viewpoint differs from their own? More often than not, its not personal, rather just a difference in culture/upbringing that requires the first person AND the second person to acknowledge that different people see things differently AND want different things. This generation needs to not only feel right, but needs to have that validated by others. I miss people that were just confident in their own mind, but curious about others. Now get off my lawn!! :this:
I make jokes that others don't get.
redglasses

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing & Sociology

Post by redglasses »

BigNRichlll wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 pm
Omniplasma wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 pm People on this forum are way too sensitive when it comes to people speaking their mind.
I wish this sentence could be pummeled into the minds of our children from the age of 6. How can two people share ideas if the first person feels attacked if the second persons viewpoint differs from their own? More often than not, its not personal, rather just a difference in culture/upbringing that requires the first person AND the second person to acknowledge that different people see things differently AND want different things. This generation needs to not only feel right, but needs to have that validated by others. I miss people that were just confident in their own mind, but curious about others. Now get off my lawn!! :this:
Exactly, people are too sensitive on here, and in real life too. If I spoke my mind every time I didnt like something I would be stoned to death in this day and age.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Omniplasma wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 pm I work in a factory and if I felt disrespected every time someone asked me why a product was taking more time than usual, I'd end up losing my mind. When you're a supplier of a product (in this case, mods) you're going to get people asking questions, it's part of the job.
And does other people heckling you about your work make you go any faster?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Giants doesn't supply the mods, they only test distribute them.
Besides the work Giants does with mods is something extra, they don't have to do it. The company doesn't actually get paid to get us all these mods tested and uploaded for everyone to use.
So Omniplasma's post is still irrelevant.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Giants also makes mods. And what Giants do with the mods is absolutely not something extra, it is essential and vital for the game to survive. And Giants get paid to get us all these mods because the mod support significantly increases the sales. Although, FS being a great game it just wouldn't be where it is now if it is not for the mods. So, Giants and FS do rely on mods heavily.

They are very well aware of this fact and they put a ton of work, money and labor to make it work as good as possible on all platforms. Both in terms of testing/distrubiting and supporting the modders.

The thing is, when anything becomes a vital part of the game and the developer supports that vital part officially then they will eventually be subjected to all kinds of questioning and complaints.

Those are all natural and comes as a part of this game.

What we all should be against is accusations and disrespect on Giants and modders, thats all.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA you just hit the nail on the head, yeah the are certain games that do rely on mod support to keep the game alive, (get it, support?) anyways there are other games that has the possibility and/or decides not to have mod support to keep the game alive, they rely on free DLC's and other freebies.

And redglasses, if i were to speak my mind about alot of things in my life, id be dead as well, kids today get away with alot of stuff, and when they get caught, the parents dont do a thing about it, i was taught no to be afraid of nothing, i got alot of respect in High School, parents today would send letters to school telling students not to do this or that, well back in our day, we kicked some you know what to get respect and so on, dont talk back to parents, what kids do today makes me sick, im not saying that you guys are bad parents or anything like that, but discipline your kids, teach them right from wrong, make them pay for there mistakes, i never steal/stole from anyone or anywhere, i dont smoke anything, i drink occasionally, but not everyday, i just sit at home on my PS4, staying out of trouble, keeping to myself.

As for the mods, i dont care if its 2 days or two months if we dont see any new mods, they are doing this on there own spare time, not your time, and most times then not, mods get denied, yes on computer they test the mods and no errors come up, but Giants probably has a more advanced mod testing system than regular modders. People threaten modders, I've seen it happen too, i dont like its uncalled-for, no need for it.