[INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

canadafarms

Re: [INFO] Console mods - currently in testing

Post by canadafarms »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:33 pm
canadafarms wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:06 pm Using the term 2x to refer to a standard size map is incorrect as a standard map would be 1x. 4x means the map is 4 times larger than a standard map. As far as I am aware there is no such thing as a 2x map.
This confused me as well because I never understood why a standard map was 2x until it was explained to me. I was under the impression that a standard map is 2km x 2km, thus a 2x2. The 4x4 map is 4km x 4km, or twice the size of a standard map. I'm probably wrong. I've never measured the distance myself.
That’s why people say that but it isn’t why it’s called 4x because this would not work with a 16x. A 16x map is 8km by 8km. Think of it like this, 4x is 2 standard maps wide by 2 standard maps up and down, 2x2=4 so a 4x map is the size of 4 standard maps put together. A 16x map is 4 standard maps wide by 4 standard maps up and down, 4x4=16 standard maps. A 2x would be just that, 2 maps put together but that doesn’t work in terms of a square, that would be a rectangle and I haven’t seen a rectangle map for FS yet.
PS4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Right. 2x is not the proper term for the standard map size. I totally get what you're saying. It should be 2km x 2km or a 2x2 map. A 4km x 4km map is 4x the size of the standard map which is confusing people into calling the standard size a 2x. I misspoke in my post.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

^^ Lol, I guess it’s just a little OCD on my part, no biggie, call it what you want. Just my understanding of the Mathematical logic behind the terminology
PS4
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Just use standard or big.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

About that Rotary Cutter I posted on a few pages back, I've been chatting with Tarczi007 and it may happen.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
KavanaghFarms19

Post by KavanaghFarms19 »

Question don’t know if it’s been talked about before, would there be a way to make a mod that’s a roller that can change let’s say a dirt trail and make it concrete or rocks or asphalt? Or would that be too much?
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

There is a roller if you are on PC
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Just doing this ahead of time. If you're on console it will not be able to go to console
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Anything is possible for console players. people said we wouldn't get the 4real mods. What happened we got them. then people said not possible to have the tractors windows and doors open and close. and what happened oh yeah we got them. then people said we wasn't going to get seasons and oh wait for it... We got that. So anything is possible for consoles it's just up to modders and Giants to implement it into the game. So please stop saying it's not going to happen that's all I see is people saying it's not going to happen, can't we all just have a dream or a wish for something without someone slamming you down. Just dream a little and it may come true. Everyone have yourself a wonderful weekend. Enjoy
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It depends on how complex the scripts are and how much demand there is and how well the modders and Giants collaborate if Giants approach the modder, as I'm sure you know that Giants have to implement it in a patch.

But I think it's fair to say that a mod that has been out for nearly year now isn't going to have support patched into the game when Giants have had plenty of chances to implement support in the intervening period.

Seasons is very much an exception (the only non-Giants script support added to consoles I believe) due to it being the Mod Contest winner, how game-changing it is and how well the modders and Giants collaborated - presumably the code, despite being so complex, must have been exemplary too.
markare

Post by markare »

The 4 real modules where scripts that where implemented aswell
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

markare wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 pm The 4 real modules where scripts that where implemented aswell
Yes but they were Giants' mods, not a third-party's.
markare

Post by markare »

I thought they where a 3rd party that giants took over and implemented into the game
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
eric21

Post by eric21 »

markare wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 pm I thought they where a 3rd party that giants took over and implemented into the game
In fa15 they were but I believe I gues ls the modders worked with giants for fs17
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Yessss finally a taarup mower, count me hyped

Wanted one ever since I saw them in action
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer