XBOX 1 mod download limit

andydragon61

XBOX 1 mod download limit

Post by andydragon61 »

At last XBOX 1 has the ability to download mods, however there appears to be a download limit, I am now having to delete maps off so I can free space up to add any new mod.

Is there any way to extend the size of storage to download mods????
TheGhostGG

Re: XBOX 1 mod download limit

Post by TheGhostGG »

I am also at 94% for used disk space.

It would be nice to know how they judge the percent of space used. Going to have to start removing mods I never use.
Xbox One.

Add if you'd like, I would like multiplayer friends! GT: TheGhost GG
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I would recommend going through your mod list... if there is anything you don't or won't ever use...get rid of it..maps included... I am at 58% mostly maps and maybe only 12 equipment mods..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

the space is measured in data size.. its either 2 or 4 gigs (I'm not 100% sure atm but i think its 4) and there is no way to extend the limit.. this limit is one imposed by sony and Microsoft and cannot be changed by the user.. only giants could try to work something out with sony and Microsoft but i wouldn't get your hopes up.. when FO4 got mods on consoles for the first time they played hell getting the limit up to 4 gigs
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
andydragon61

Post by andydragon61 »

thanks for the replies
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes it's 4gb but that's mods only. DLC doesn't count towards that limit.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:the space is measured in data size.. its either 2 or 4 gigs (I'm not 100% sure atm but i think its 4) and there is no way to extend the limit.. this limit is one imposed by sony and Microsoft and cannot be changed by the user.. only giants could try to work something out with sony and Microsoft but i wouldn't get your hopes up.. when FO4 got mods on consoles for the first time they played hell getting the limit up to 4 gigs

Yea they did fight to get it that high, I'm fairly certain select mods on FO4 aren't licensed either...
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I only have mods that I use. As with maps, you can delete the map yet still retain the game save. This way you can download the map again and carry on where you left off.

I'm currently at 31%, that's two maps and ALL the mods that I use.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
barra220

Post by barra220 »

It is the same for game saves. There is only 10 slots but we have 11 maps so far and i am sure that more will arrive soon.
Ps4 suffers with the same mod limit as xbox 1
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

barra220 wrote:It is the same for game saves. There is only 10 slots but we have 11 maps so far and i am sure that more will arrive soon.
Ps4 suffers with the same mod limit as xbox 1
I only use 3 maps....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
TheGhostGG

Post by TheGhostGG »

I know what the limit is and what not, but if you play multiplayer it's going to be a nightmare once the limit is full.

You need every mod that the sever someone created has. So if you want to play multiplayer you'll need to go back remove mods, install new ones and repeat over. It's even worse when a multiplayer server had the maps checked and they aren't even playing that map. If I want to play with them I need to go reinstall that map for a pointless reason. I'm at 93% full and I have everything installed but 2 maps.

I'm fine with uninstalling mods I don't use because I RARELY play multiplayer. Just looking at it from more of a convenience sake.

But if anyone needs a hand on a farm in multiplayer I'm happy to join. I get bored playing alone. :frown:
Xbox One.

Add if you'd like, I would like multiplayer friends! GT: TheGhost GG
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

Microsoft and Sony did not think this through very well. I wonder why they even put a limit on mod space anyway? If it was just because this was something new and experimental, then I think it time to remove the cap as things are working "very well".
markare

Post by markare »

Compared to other games with mod capabilities 4gb is massive
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

Maybe giants can add those maps that are already released in modhub into a free dlc so it can free up some space? Just a thought...
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

Y you need them all? Download what you wanna play and then delete and download a different one when you play?