Looking at Going from Console to PC

Bushmaster77

Looking at Going from Console to PC

Post by Bushmaster77 »

Been running console, X Box-1, for over a year now, but wanting to go to PC to get the bigger maps and more mods...namely John Deere.

I have been looking at a couple systems on Amazon and was wondering what advice you could give me on the two models I am looking at. Been reading a few posts on here like PC versus console and etc, but just would like more information.

These are the two systems I am looking at

https://www.amazon.com/GAMERS-CHOICE-Cy ... g+computer

and

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BDAYKEM/re ... B01CSE0VM2

Would prefer to stay in the $550 to $600 range with a max of $750.00.

If you recommend a different brand/system, please let me know.

Thanks for any advice and assistance, I appreciate it.
Zetor9145

Re: Looking at Going from Console to PC

Post by Zetor9145 »

Compared to my PC that should play FS on maximum and some. Mine has a overclocked GTX960 and runs FS17 on maximum playing Broxton with about 50 mods.

So either of those will do a great job, If you can get the dearer one then get it as more memory and you can never have too much of that.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I did exactly what you're doing, decided to buy a PC to sample the game and all the endless mods. Absolutely fantastic until I got bored of messing with mods and not playing the game.

I went back to the PS4 and play PC version once in a while..

I'd recommend this if you can afford it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NB ... PDKIKX0DER
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Zero34

Post by Zero34 »

Bushmaster77 wrote: ...
You would be better off with the cheaper one since the CPU is faster.
Directly comparing both, the only difference seems to be the integrated wifi card and the extra 8Gb of ram (but a slower cpu). If you intend to play near the connection ... the wifi is kind of superfluous. While the extra ram is nice, it is not a must have.

My recommendation would be to build it yourself. You could probably build a better system for the same price.
gentfarmer

Post by gentfarmer »

My recommendation would be to build it yourself. You could probably build a better system for the same price.
That is probably true but if the OP buys a system they should get support whereas if they build it themselves they will have to install the OS and s/ware anad provide their own support.

For someone coming straight from console I suspect that would not be a comfortable move
PC user
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I just bought mine a couple months ago and while shopping I looked into building it as soooooo many people said it would be cheaper.. after all the internal components (everything from the HD to the GPU) and the case and operating system to kick it all off the ground it was actually right at the same price for me to just go to bestbuy.com and pick one out which is on the same level as the one I could have built.. it came in 2 days and included free delivery and all I had to do was plug it in and register it.. and the best part is I have the support should anything ever decide it doesn't want go work correctly.. once upon a time it was considerably cheaper to build a gaming rig but a valid argument could be made that it is no longer the case.. a person can get a good running nice to look at gaming pc prebuilt for $500-$600 and in some cases cheaper if u wanna sacrifice your graphics quality to a lower setting
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

The one I bought from Amazon was a bloody steal for the price. (see previous post)
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

gentfarmer wrote:
That is probably true but if the OP buys a system they should get support whereas if they build it themselves they will have to install the OS and s/ware anad provide their own support.

For someone coming straight from console I suspect that would not be a comfortable move
I had no idea what I was doing, but I watched a couple youtube videos, bought the parts and 2 hours later had a PC.

If you are even a little bit tech savy it is quite simple. Plus it was a great learning experience, and if anything goes wrong I can fix it myself.
You also get way better bang for your buck and won't have all the bloatware stuff that comes with a prebuilt. You can find OEM windows licence for like $10 online. That was 1 mistake I made, paying full retail for Windows.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:I just bought mine a couple months ago and while shopping I looked into building it as soooooo many people said it would be cheaper.. after all the internal components (everything from the HD to the GPU) and the case and operating system to kick it all off the ground it was actually right at the same price for me to just go to bestbuy.com and pick one out which is on the same level as the one I could have built.. it came in 2 days and included free delivery and all I had to do was plug it in and register it.. and the best part is I have the support should anything ever decide it doesn't want go work correctly.. once upon a time it was considerably cheaper to build a gaming rig but a valid argument could be made that it is no longer the case.. a person can get a good running nice to look at gaming pc prebuilt for $500-$600 and in some cases cheaper if u wanna sacrifice your graphics quality to a lower setting
Some of that may be true, but you're likely getting lower quality components, cheap motherboard, cheap ram, cheap hard drives, cheap power supply etc

I would rather know exactly what I am putting in my PC. Look for sales, and make sure the components I put in have good reviews.

I was looking at prebuilts just like any n00b would, but after thorough research I decided building was the best way to go and I am very happy that I did.
Bushmaster77

Post by Bushmaster77 »

Thanks for all the info, still do not know what to do. The PC would only be used primarily to play FS 17 and then FS 19, whenever that comes out. Not a huge gamer and this includes console and PC. Just want to buy a platform that will support my farm and mods close if not to the maximum graphic/speed capacity. Wont go too mod crazy.....just your standard equipment you need on a farm, with barns, grains bins, and etc. Was doing both crop and dairy on console, but with running a large map like Rattlesnake will more then likely just stick with crop farming. I like the wireless capability of the second PC, but then again I should be able to use my wireless adaptor from my X Box 1 for the first PC on my post. What to do....what to do.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

If you're just looking to get a PC for the occasional farming (like I did) I just put a Nvidia 1050ti FTW graphics card in my Dell 660 that is four years old that I pulled out of the tack compartment of our horse trailer and it will now do fs17 and fs19 with ease. My PC stock can be found for a couple hundred bucks online and the card I put in it with a 600w power supply ran me around $200ish. If you're not a hardcore PC gamer don't think or feel like you have to get the best of the best and not be able to eat for the next month because of it. Shop around and ask questions.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Liamrodge

Post by Liamrodge »

I switched from PS4 to pc not to long ago. Didn't really have the time to build a pc so I went a bought a pre built pc from fierce pc. Farming simulator is a totally new and different experience on pc. This is the bundle I went for
Fierce Ripper Gaming PC - 4.2GHz Octa Core AMD FX8300, NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5, 16GB Performance Memory, 120GB Solid State Drive, 1TB Hard Drive, Perfect for New Games, DirectX 12 Bundle - 325614

I use this pc now for work aswel cause it runs cad easily it set me back €850.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I have a Dell Inspirion 3650 and it works great! It's got a Intel Core i5-6400 processor, 8GB memory, 1TB hard drive, and a NIVIDIA Gforce 730 graphics card. It's running fs17 on high with no problems. I don't have a ton of mods installed though. It set me back about $500.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BOOLA

Post by BOOLA »

Here you need this
http://www.avadirect.com/Avant-Tower-Ga ... e/11021084

STAY away from AMD and Radeon video card Stick with intel

good Luck
Wir danken allen Moddern für ihre Mods
My_System
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

BOOLA wrote:Here you need this
http://www.avadirect.com/Avant-Tower-Ga ... e/11021084

STAY away from AMD and Radeon video card Stick with intel

good Luck
That pricing is insane. An i7 7700k 1080 GTX rig costs $3400. You can build one yourself well under $2000