Gifts of the Causcus coins

mountaincowboy

Gifts of the Causcus coins

Post by mountaincowboy »

First off I have to say if the creators of this amazing map happen to stumble upon this post, you did a mind blowing in depth job at this map! For anyone that hasn't seen it yet and wants a very in depth map with an extensive economy with real estate system go check it out, it also has a crop dusted you can hire and ride in to fertilize fields. But back to my original question, if there is anyone out there that has been playing this map by chance have you found any of the coins? I've found a couple but the creators have taken extra special time to hide them. Not looking for a cheat sheet just direction. Thank you and have a great day!
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
PrincessJessi84

Re: Gifts of the Causcus coins

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

what map? I wouldn't mind having a look at it
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Ya me too sounds like a interesting map.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

I've downloaded and deleted a couple dozen different maps because they just didn't have an "it" feel for me. This map has that "it" factor. The fields are huge, there's a dozen businesses that you supply your crops to and receive products from to be sold at other businesses. It's extremely in depth. It's definitely worth a look. Just a heads up if you do, you can't have sugar factory mod in the map because there is one already, it force quits the game if you do.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

no Worries I don't' farm sugar beets very much.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

There's a built in sugar factory to the map, it is a big part of what most of the other factories and sell points need in order to make specific products.
BuggsK100RS

Post by BuggsK100RS »

So got link to the map or to the site to get it from?
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

I just went to modhub and did a search by name for it.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

http://www.fsmods17.com/map-gifts-caucasus-v2-0-3-fs17/

Sorry I thought it was modhub but I was wrong, the above link is where I downloaded it from.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

You also have to download the modded Holmer beet harvester and headers for carrots and onions.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

I just started this map, and I'ts like playing a different game. No sell points in the menu for regular crops, but I did sell barley to the beer factory. I think you need to buy sell points, but idk. I cut a tree and got fined almost 3k for that. I guess how do you start making money to purchase factories, and can I do any Logging at all? Has anyone made it to the point of a working town yet?
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

To start out you don't have to buy any of the sell points to sell your crops, you can choose to buy the factories later which will give you more profit when selling your crop at that sell point. There is an interactive menu you can use to access all factories to see what they are buying and what price they are offering. As far as logging, I haven't gotten there yet, I was planning on it today but I read that you have to buy a wood permit in order to "legally" cut trees without getting fined. You're about it being a completely different game and that's mainly because of the very immersive and intelligent economic system that is used. I didn't realize this until I went to feed my cows and pigs but if you get busy and forget to feed your animals you will actually start to loose them. All factories can be bought through the real estate office but you have to have a certain ranking in order to buy certain ones, you earn a ranking by doing missions, working your fields, successfully owning and working your fields, contract missions etc... There are built in key strokes that bring up specific menus but I never remember them, but there are videos about it on YouTube that'll help.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GShw8fiYXI

Watch this video it is pretty in depth about the explanation of getting started with everything and if you listen he will tell you what key strokes bring up which menus..... Hope this was helpful. I love this map and how involved you become with everything.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

The guy that made that video has quite a few other videos about this map including logging.