After one week of play...

BreadedVirus

Re: After one week of play...

Post by BreadedVirus »

BullFarmer wrote:I have had the game since it came out, and I am up to about 150 hours on PS4 and probably 100 hours on PC now, but I am playing PC 3-4 hours a day now so that is increasing.

The thing I like most about it, is how vast the range of activities is and there are practically infinite options for how you play, compared to other games where you simply have to be fastest, kill the other guy etc.
I have started over a dozen saves and each one is different, and I choose a map based on my idea of how I want to play.

I have some games that are just conventional farming, doing crops, silage and animals, on all different types of maps.
I have one save that is only grass silage.
I have one save that is organic farming with no fertiliser or spray, just cover crops, weeding etc.

I haven't even done root crops, logging or cows and pigs yet so I have a lot more things to try.
I have found a great map now that is everything I have been looking for so I will play this one for a long time I think and try and explore all of the kinds of farming on the one map.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about an idea for how to improve my systems for cropping, or changing some equipment to make things work better etc. safe to say I am addicted to FS17!
This is the only game I have played since it came out.
I've put in well over 500 hours, had the game on PS4 since November and PC since February. Got about 6 hours on PC, because I get bored of messing about with mods and not actually playing the game. With the PS4 I can get stuck in and actually farm without the distraction of playing about with mods for hours on end.

The thing I like about the game is that I dictate the game, not the other way around.

Not touched logging yet, and yet to do root crops too.

Currently farming on GCV, Drumard and Thornton.

GCV is the map I'm using the big equipment on. Has some great fields that can be merged or made a tad bit bigger.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Bullfarmer and breadedvirus are right, but im like Bullfarmer, i have these dreams where if i were to do this and that, this what will happen, its the anticipating of not knowing, i like that, but breadedvirus has an excellent valid point to, i dictate the game, not the other way around, i just love to do things while the crops grow, you run the show, you play like you wanna play it.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I usually do missions while my crops are growing, but sometimes have other things to do like restock seed pallets or something. I too enjoy the fact that I control what I do, and when I do it.
FS-19 (PC)
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I merged field 5 with field 9, and now am down to 4 fields again counting the start 3. I have decided to concentrate on the GCV map instead of trying to play it, and American Outback, and Sosnovka. Was getting too hectic for me. Now that I have had a taste of merging fields, I am going to try and enlarge the 3 default fields, but it is currently night time in my little world, and I can't see nuthin' at night. :coolnew:
FS-19 (PC)
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

This game just keeps getting better and better. Now I am hooked on making my own fields, and have gone back to American Outback where there is plenty of room to do just that. :biggrin2:
FS-19 (PC)
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

CarsenGray wrote:I merged field 5 with field 9, and now am down to 4 fields again counting the start 3. I have decided to concentrate on the GCV map instead of trying to play it, and American Outback, and Sosnovka. Was getting too hectic for me. Now that I have had a taste of merging fields, I am going to try and enlarge the 3 default fields, but it is currently night time in my little world, and I can't see nuthin' at night. :coolnew:

After cutting down a few trees and selling the starting three-stall barn, I enlarged and connected fields 14 & 15 and together with additional area they combined into a very nice, large field! Looks like a large backwards L.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Sweet. I enlarged the three starting fields in GCV, but now am spending most my time making fields in the open areas of the American Outback map. Have five fields total, and all are home made. I sold the starter field, and bought field 2 when I first started playing so I could have some income while making the fields. IIRC there is room for ten new fields, however, as much as I like making fields, I don't know if I could handle ten. Of course, I don't have to have them all active at once either. Maybe rotate them or something. Would help a lot if they were closer together, but I solved that problem by buying a tractor and sprayer, and one of those plow/cultivate/sow machines (Vaderstad Rapid A 600 S) for each field, so now the only items I move between the fields is the harvester and the grain trailer. Just implemented this so I will see how well it works.
FS-19 (PC)
King_royle21

Post by King_royle21 »

CarsenGray wrote:I am noticing that the American Outback map is much harder to do than the other two. Especially when it comes to moving large objects around. There are wooden fences around each field, and they block the large headers from being able to get to them. And so far, the only header I have found that has its own trailer is the New Holland Super Flex Draper 45ft. I just upgraded to the Massey 41 foot header for my Massey Delta 9380 and have the same problem as before, trying to fit it to something to get it moved. :smileynew: I guess the Outback folks don't buy the big headers. Can only imagine what the owners of those big farms use. :lol:

edit: Ok, I take that back, field 18 just north of the shop has no fence, just a bunch of tress you can drive through. So I will buy that field and just keep my equipment there.
The case 9230 and the other 45ft draper has its own header trailer built in too
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

CarsenGray wrote:I usually do missions while my crops are growing, but sometimes have other things to do like restock seed pallets or something. I too enjoy the fact that I control what I do, and when I do it.
Excellent point.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I knew about the NH 45ft having its own header trailer built in, but did not see one on the Case, or the MF I had bought. Will have to check out the Case, as it looks like I will be in the market for a second harvester soon, to help with the homegrown fields which are now up to 8.
FS-19 (PC)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

CarsenGray wrote:I knew about the NH 45ft having its own header trailer built in, but did not see one on the Case, or the MF I had bought. Will have to check out the Case, as it looks like I will be in the market for a second harvester soon, to help with the homegrown fields which are now up to 8.
The header for the 9230, correct me if im wrong, but the header for that has the built in trailer on it.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Yes, that is the other draper 45ft. I bought the yellow ne for the NH I have, and the 3162 looks to be the same but for the Case.
FS-19 (PC)