Split field?

CarsenGray

Split field?

Post by CarsenGray »

Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing the largest field in Goldcrest Valley, (#5) and was thinking of a way to speed up the process of harvesting, seeding etc. I have done missions for the owner, and usually it takes just under 2 hours to harvest the whole field. Well, what if I were to put a strip or two of wheat right in the middle of the field effectively making it a boundary for the normal crop of soybeans or barley or whatever? If I hired a worker to harvest the north crop, and I harvested the south crop leaving the wheat there, would the helper stop at the wheat since it is a different type? With two of us harvest or planting at the same time it would sure speed up the process. Anyone tried this yet?

BTW, doing missions for the owner does get the price down a little bit as before I did the mission it was over 900k, but after the mission it was under 900k, however, I did not buy it then, I went to bed, and in the morning I checked the price and it had gone back up to over 900k, so that 2% decrease seems to be temporary.
FS-19 (PC)
Guil

Re: Split field?

Post by Guil »

Yes that would work but it's not needed. Start both of them and before they meet just fire one of them and move the harvester or speeder etc.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

That would work too, but then I have to keep on eye on them. If I put a strip of wheat in between, then they would quit when they got to the wheat. I only have one harvester at the moment, and would need to buy one for the worker to use, and it would not be the same NH CR10.9, so I could make his half smaller to accommodate a harvester with the smaller header. Not too mention save me some money.
FS-19 (PC)
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

start a harvester dead smack in the middle and have your other harvester waiting at the other end of the field for him.. wait for the first harvester to turn around and depending on which half he takes just put the other harvester on the other half.. then no need for odd crops or baby sitting the helpers
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

You could also just use the roller in the game and destroy 2-3 strips of the field to get a proper divider back. Then if you find you no longer need it, plow it under with the "create field" option. This will make it one large field again.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I planted 3 rows of poplar trees to split the field up. Looks rather good...
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Guil wrote:Yes that would work but it's not needed. Start both of them and before they meet just fire one of them and move the harvester or speeder etc.
Thats what i do, when there about head to head ill fire one of them.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

All good ideas. I was hoping someone out there had had the same idea to split up that monster of a field. :biggrin2: I like the roller idea, but the poplar idea would provide a wind break too. Or I could just have dueling harvesters. :biggrin2: Thanks for the ideas all.
FS-19 (PC)
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

CarsenGray wrote:All good ideas. I was hoping someone out there had had the same idea to split up that monster of a field. :biggrin2: I like the roller idea, but the poplar idea would provide a wind break too. Or I could just have dueling harvesters. :biggrin2: Thanks for the ideas all.
I have often split some of the larger fields up before actually. I did it a lot on Lawfolds Aberdeenshire and I have done it on American Outback now. Then when I get larger equipment in a couple harvests I will plow over the partition and turn them into large fields again.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I bought the biggest field in American Outback as well. Currently doing a mission right next door at #17 to help recover. I notice that the American Outback map has a bunch of perfect areas for making fields. However, my plowing a straight line skill has yet to materialize. More practice is needed. :biggrin2:
FS-19 (PC)
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

LOL and I thought field 5 wasn't big enough and expanded it outwards and combined the 2 fields below into it.
nicklthibert

Post by nicklthibert »

CarsenGray wrote:BTW, doing missions for the owner does get the price down a little bit as before I did the mission it was over 900k, but after the mission it was under 900k, however, I did not buy it then, I went to bed, and in the morning I checked the price and it had gone back up to over 900k, so that 2% decrease seems to be temporary.
I do missions everytimes I want to buy a field, you can do up to 10 missions on every fields to get 20% discount. You still can do other missions on them if you want, but the discounts stop at 20%. When you're ob the mission menu, there a green bar near the picture of the owner, when it's full, it means you've reach the 10 missions (20%).
I don't understand why your price has changed overnight, but try it again!
Xbox One user!
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec, Canada
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Yes, I usually do missions for the owner of the field right before I want to buy it, however, I only did one mission for the owner of #5 before buying it, and the price was still over $900k I had more than enough to cover it, so I went ahead and bought it. Now the wheat is ready to harvest, so I will see just how long it takes to "Get R done". :biggrin2:
FS-19 (PC)
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have one field divided in two ... but I do not like the roller.
Instead I used the smallest placeable shed as a divider/barrier to keep the helper from going to far.

I do not like the way placeable buildings destroys the grass in FS17 ... but wen placed within the borders of a field it is not a problem!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

ArizonaSnow wrote:LOL and I thought field 5 wasn't big enough and expanded it outwards and combined the 2 fields below into it.
Same here.

I've expanded many fields...about the only logging I have done. All with a chainsaw and wood chipper. Field 8 is about twice the original size.