Is it May 9th yet?

CarsenGray

Is it May 9th yet?

Post by CarsenGray »

The reason I ask is the farm hands are getting antsy waiting for the Big Bud tractor Dakota, the owner of Outback Farms, ordered yesterday. Well, actually, she did not order it, her cousin Averi did over in Goldcoast Valley. Anyway, the farm hands have only seen pictures of one, but never one in real life. Dakota had only heard about it a week or so ago from Averi who inherited her papa's farm in Goldcrest Valley a couple of months ago (game time), and unfortunately his debt to the bank and some old run down Case tractors, and a Case Harvester in serious need of a overhaul. He did have three fields to work though, and Averi set about restoring her papa's good name by working them, and paying down the loan. However, her big break came when news of a nugget hunt was spread, and Averi was the first one in town to find them all. Boy, that paid off the bank in a hurry, and even allowed her to replace all her papa's old farm equipment. Now that she is doing well, she has set her sights on acquiring the Big Bud tractor. She had seen the ads, and even watched a promo YouTube video regarding this king of all tractors. After a week of trying to get her payment processed (what do you mean they won't take Bank of Hagenstedt money? :frown: ) she ended up doing a cash transfer from one of her credit cards to her debit card. They seemed to like that, and the order was placed. Averi was so excited, she had to contact her cousin Dakota and relay the news. Which in turn made Dakota happy because whatever Averi acquires Dakota gets also, something about 3 save slots or something like that. I don't know how that works, I am just a foreman here in the American Outback where the temps hover around 100 (F) in the shade most of the year. That is if you can find any shade around here. Pretty desolate place if you ask me, but the pay is good, so I stay. Anyway, enough rambling, back to my question, is it May 9th yet? :biggrin2:
FS-19 (PC)
fenixguy

Re: Is it May 9th yet?

Post by fenixguy »

No, unfortunately not. I've got all my fields harvested on Lawfolds and I'm ready to do some drilling and planting. I really would like to have that big stuff right now.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

I can't wait to try it out on field 5 in GCV.
FS-19 (PC)
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Just tried the Lawfolds map. I don't have the patience for that. I had no problem harvesting one of the fields, but trying to get my new harvester and header back to the farm proved to be nigh impossible. After six attempts, I finally made it. And to think I would have to navigate those narrow roads with no place to turn around every time I buy something, or try to sell? I don't know how you guys do it. I will stick with American Outback and GCV.

edit: Wow, they sure changed American Outback. I guess they are getting ready for Big Bud, because these fields are HUGE!
FS-19 (PC)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

CarsenGray wrote:Just tried the Lawfolds map. I don't have the patience for that. I had no problem harvesting one of the fields, but trying to get my new harvester and header back to the farm proved to be nigh impossible. After six attempts, I finally made it. And to think I would have to navigate those narrow roads with no place to turn around every time I buy something, or try to sell? I don't know how you guys do it. I will stick with American Outback and GCV.

edit: Wow, they sure changed American Outback. I guess they are getting ready for Big Bud, because these fields are HUGE!
You afraid of a little challenge? I like maps with challenges.
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Not for me. I applaud those who play that map, they have way more patience than I do. *thumbsup*

edit: Going to be interesting to see Big Bud navigate those roads with traffic kept turned on.
Last edited by CarsenGray on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS-19 (PC)
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

CarsenGray wrote:Not for me. I applaud those who play that map, they have way more patience than I do. *thumbsup*
When you face a challenge you gotta do it head on full force, dont give up man.
Harada

Post by Harada »

CarsenGray wrote:Just tried the Lawfolds map. I don't have the patience for that. I had no problem harvesting one of the fields, but trying to get my new harvester and header back to the farm proved to be nigh impossible. After six attempts, I finally made it. And to think I would have to navigate those narrow roads with no place to turn around every time I buy something, or try to sell? I don't know how you guys do it. I will stick with American Outback and GCV.

Love Lawfolds Farm......where there's a will there's a way!
XBox Series S
CarsenGray

Post by CarsenGray »

Maybe instead of trying to bring the header home with the harvester, I should use one of those tractors with the tracks on it, so it can turn on a dime, and also so it will not be so long. Since I just recently found out I can have more than three saves, it means I can keep other maps instead of deleting a toon just to ty a different map. :frown:
FS-19 (PC)
garyst

Post by garyst »

I was actually more excited about the Kuhn dlc than this one. Don't really see anything that big here in central louisiana, never seen anything bigger than a 40 foot air seeder and most the Auger wagons are 650 to 850 bushel. 99% of the time if you see a big 4wd tractor it is pulling dirt pans, and never seen anyone in my entire life plant corn with a pull type planter down here. I try to make my farm as close as I can to what is used in my area with what's available, so when I saw the Kuhn pack had a 3pt. Stacking corn/soybean planter, a disk, and a nice 3pt. Sprayer I knew I had to get it even though Kuhn is not a really used in my area was still close enough. If I do decide to get the big bud dlc I won't be using any of the equipment on my current farm I will start a new map to use these big implements, but don't think I will have as much fun playing with the big equipment as I would playing my current farm.