To anyone who thinks console are getting bad mods

redglasses

To anyone who thinks console are getting bad mods

Post by redglasses »

Ok, so I have this idea, if you think consoles are just getting plain bad mods, accept this challenge. Start a new save game on normal on either Sosnovka or GCV, and use no mods, play on it for a week. Now tell me if the mods we are getting are useless or bad.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Bradleyson

Re: To anyone who thinks console are getting bad mods

Post by Bradleyson »

redglasses wrote:Ok, so I have this idea, if you think consoles are just getting plain bad mods, accept this challenge. Start a new save game on normal on either Sosnovka or GCV, and use no mods, play on it for a week. Now tell me if the mods we are getting are useless or bad.
Have to agree, pity others don't see it this way. Without mods this game gets boring fast (sorry giants). Maybe taking away the mods would show them just exactly what we've got.
novass

Post by novass »

I don't think that there boring or not useful .I use the ones I need.if consoles were capable, I download everyone, but its not so I get what I need....that being said.I want certain one that would make game play more fun and useful. ..and those aren't out yet...if ever on console...but out on pc..that the reason people on console get bent out of shape...most get flustrated and express there feelings the wrong way..,nobody mostly wants to go back to no,or limited modds
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I understand your sentiment novass but there r several things to take into account besides the obvious horse that's been beaten to death (scripts, brands, other nonsense, etc).. one of the things is that just because u see a mod on pc doesn't mean its worth a count.. omg there r soooooo many junk mods out there that its unreal.. and conversions.. MANY of the mods that r out there r mods that have been converted from older versions of the game.. the problem is that there r many differences between the versions.. things that go deeper than skin level that giants changed as we went from one version to the next.. vehicle physics being a BIG one.. almost anybody can convert a mod from fs15 to fs17 which is y u see so many of them.. but the majority of them don't work right because its not as simple as renaming the files and stuff.. in order to do it right there is a process that must be undergone and it seems not nearly so many people know how to do that.. another thing is communities and uploads.. many of the modders belong to groups or communities and stuff and they upload their work to those sites first which disqualifies it from ever making it to console.. I don't think most of them do it intentionally to bone console users.. but if u belong to a community then naturally that's where u want your work displayed.. another big thing is that u don't simply make a mod and it can be on console should u choose to upload it.. there is extra work involved in the process so a modder pretty well has to decide right out the gate to make a mod for consoles.. now as we know its pc users that make mods and the overwhelming majority of them make mods for their own personal use.. now if u could make yourself a mod and save dozens of hours of work just disregarding the option to upload for consoles it makes sense that u would take that route.. my point is that r tons of factors involved that often don't even get discussed in the console mod debates that frequents our little community here.. with that being said I would like to present my last point on the subject and maybe offer some hope.. I already pointed out that a fair deal has changed in mod creations from this version of the game to the last.. so in turn it kinda makes it a learning curve even for those that were modding fs15.. on pc the mod scene is just starting to gain momentum.. if heard from numerous modders that I have personally spoken to that the fs15 scene didn't really start getting good until a year or so after the game was out.. so taking that into account it would also translate into the console mod scene is just starting to gain momentum as well which we have seen given the release of certain things on console this past couple months.. the water is finally starting to heat up a bit and will be boiling over before we know it.. also consider the amount of modders creating and converting for pc comparted to the select group of folks making console compatible mods.. most of them have very full plates but have no doubt that they r chipping away at their WIP lists.. and the more time goes on the more natural it will be for them to jump through the extra hoops involved in modding for consoles.. so in short.. time.. it just takes time but it will happen within the capabilities and restrictions of consoles.. srry for the long post.. I just kinda thought that many people might be interested on a fresh perspective on the subject.. happy farming everyone
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

redglasses wrote:Ok, so I have this idea, if you think consoles are just getting plain bad mods, accept this challenge. Start a new save game on normal on either Sosnovka or GCV, and use no mods, play on it for a week. Now tell me if the mods we are getting are useless or bad.
I understand this argument. But I really do think we're beating a dead horse here. I mean, we've beaten this issue right into the ground. On the other hand, I understand everyone's frustration. Because on consoles..we have a lot of mods that are virtually the same small thing. A small 3 meter cultivator or plow that is well done, albeit not very useful to a large portion of players. Many people express this in the wrong ways, yes. But That doesn't change the fact that console mods do leave a lot to be desired still. The joy of it all is, we have another whole year for GIANTS and mod creators to work to improve upon them. Thanks for reading and happy farming!
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: happy farming everyone
I can't farm nothing now, that wall of text frazzled my eyes :lol: but seriously, well put Jess *thumbsup*
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I dont need these fancy mods, all i want is a few maps, couple of tractors, the gooseneck and material handling pack, and im all set, all i want is to have fun with what you got, if you dont like the mods, dont download them, no ones forcing you to download them.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I don't even play with 1/4 of the mods I download and I have tons for PC. Don't even use much, hardly any. Playing with the vanilla equipment is great, mods don't need to replace everything or else the game won't feel right and then it makes you not want to play it anymore.

And like BigC said, if you don't like them, don't download them, simple as that.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I posted this in another thread a few months back but I'll add it here. Since going from PC (FS 2011, 2013, 15) to Xbox, I enjoy the game much more now than I ever have. The majority of my time on PC was downloading/checking/editing/fixing mods. Now, I just play the game. I don't look at PC mods because it'll just make me want to buy another PC :mrgreen:. I would be perfectly happy with only map mods and nothing else. If we didn't get maps as mods on console, I wouldn't/couldn't play. GCV got old in the first week. I only use about 10 or so mods currently; my folder is 25% full.

That being said, I still love the thrill of seeing what new toy we get every few days or so. And the great thing is knowing it's going to be relatively bug free. I'm really looking forward to some quality stuff coming out with the mod contest.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

My problem isn't that the mods are "bad", it's that looking at the mod test thread and pc is testing 25+ mods and console is ......zero, has been zero for a few days. It's just a bit discouraging.

As for your challenge, I've been running Sosnovka on hard for months now with no mods, simply because it lags too much with them. The Jympa plow is really the only one I miss.
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

sigh that horse of Princess Jesse just got really tenderized lol.