Update

RODHA

Re: Update

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote:Nope. On PS4, workers are causing it. I think 1-3 workers are fine, but when 4-6 workers are hired, the stuttering becomes a real issue. It's like your tractor is having an epileptic seisure. :-D
I don't think it is the workers. At least not the numbers of them.

I think it is because of the fields chaning states.
After all, you use workers to plow, harvest, seed, etc.
Every single one of those operations changes the state of a field.
And multiple state changes in multiple fields at the same time would cause stutter.

Same thing happens with the Kuhn DLC.
If you use the setup where you can plow, cultivate and sow at the same time stutter becomes intolerable.
Because the field changes 3 states at the same time.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

BigC92 wrote: Does MP still have the peel out effect, like on fs15?
What's peel out effect?
RODHA wrote:I don't think it is the workers. At least not the numbers of them.

And multiple state changes in multiple fields at the same time would cause stutter.

If you use the setup where you can plow, cultivate and sow at the same time stutter becomes intolerable.
That's interesting and also possible. :-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

masterplan wrote:
BigC92 wrote: Does MP still have the peel out effect, like on fs15?
What's peel out effect?
RODHA wrote:I don't think it is the workers. At least not the numbers of them.

That's interesting and also possible. :-)
Its where the tires act like there on ice, and you go to brake and your clear to the next street.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BigC92 wrote:Its where the tires act like there on ice, and you go to brake and your clear to the next street.
I've seen that happen but in very little time frames and only under extreme loads.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote:
BigC92 wrote:Its where the tires act like there on ice, and you go to brake and your clear to the next street.
I've seen that happen but in very little time frames and only under extreme loads.
So its smooth sailing till you pull something heavy?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BigC92 wrote:
RODHA wrote:
Till you do any heavy duty work on a slope or down hill and the type of tires you use (twins, wide, even tracks) makes no difference.
PS5 / FS22
SebiTheJOker

Post by SebiTheJOker »

There are so many things to update, like the mirrors that are broken. In 2017, it s so bad that i can t get some true to life mirrors, from a game that i paid 60$ at release. How am i suppose to do my job well in the field if i constantly need to look behind always, because the mirrors only reflect my vehicle...
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
RODHA wrote:
Till you do any heavy duty work on a slope or down hill and the type of tires you use (twins, wide, even tracks) makes no difference.
So on fs17 MP, we wont see the tires spin like crazy like on fs15 then?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BigC92 wrote:
RODHA wrote:
BigC92 wrote: So its smooth sailing till you pull something heavy?
To be more specific, my experience comes from PS4 single player only.
So, I can't say that you wouldn't have any excessive tire spin problems on any other platform or on MP.
Especially as the PC universe has so many mods and some additional features in mod maps (like the mud in Thonrton).
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

RODHA wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
RODHA wrote:
To be more specific, my experience comes from PS4 single player only.
So, I can't say that you wouldn't have any excessive tire spin problems on any other platform or on MP.
Especially as the PC universe has so many mods and some additional features in mod maps (like the mud in Thonrton).
Ill be on ps4 as well, but ok, i see what your saying.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

RODHA wrote:
masterplan wrote:Nope. On PS4, workers are causing it. I think 1-3 workers are fine, but when 4-6 workers are hired, the stuttering becomes a real issue. It's like your tractor is having an epileptic seisure. :-D
I don't think it is the workers. At least not the numbers of them.

I am having the same issues as well. I don't think it is directly related to workers but they seem to make it show up. Early in my GCV save I could use all 6 workers with little to no lag, but now that I have a lot of equipment (still have 430+ slots remaining)it is terrible. Others have been reporting this as well and there is a thread going in the bug section where people are reporting it.

viewtopic.php?f=936&t=110785

Could be what you said RHODA but I don't have the Kuhn DLC so it's not directly related to that. I have a couple different theory's but I believe a lot of equipment is the main cause. Game was running fine but as I expanded the farm it is now running like stuff with more than 3 workers.

Changing field states is an interesting theory I am going to have to do more testing on that. It's not ploughing because I turned that off.
PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

canadafarms wrote:Could be what you said RHODA but I don't have the Kuhn DLC so it's not directly related to that. I have a couple different theory's but I believe a lot of equipment is the main cause. Game was running fine but as I expanded the farm it is now running like stuff with more than 3 workers.
No, I'm not saying it is because of Kuhn DLC.

I think it is mainly because of the field (or fields) changing multiple states at the same time.

More worker you use, more fields change states simultaneously causing stutter.
PS5 / FS22
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

RODHA wrote:
No, I'm not saying it is because of Kuhn DLC.

I think it is mainly because of the field (or fields) changing multiple states at the same time.

More worker you use, more fields change states simultaneously causing stutter.
Yeah no for sure, I see what you are saying. That should be easy for me to test because I have all the crops planted right now so I will use 6 workers to combine only and then I will test using 6 to seed only and see what results I get. I still think it is related to the amount of equipment too because I am doing the same as I have been all along, the only difference is I have more equipment now. Going to try what I said above and see what I find.
PS4
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

On Xbox One I don't think it's related to the number of workers. It's weird where it kicks in. I have posts in one of the American Outback threads where one particular harvester will do it every pass but another won't. The same troubled harvester works fine on Sosnovka. However, the New Holland forage harvester does it every pass while doing wood chips on Sosnovka. Since it seems it varies so much between maps/fields/equipment I can't figure out which is the problem.

I've also had the Rostelmash <sp?> forage harvester get lost in the middle of a pass, I've had dry fertilizer spreaders unable to find the end of the field so they just keep running into other fields, or they stop a pass prior to completion of the field, or turn the wrong way at the end of a pass.

Not related to a hired workers but stupid stuff like bales flying off a bale spike is frustrating to the point where I don't even do baling anymore. I was feeding cows, one straw bale, one grass bale, one hay bale, each individually flew off my bale spike while in motion even though I'd speared them dead center. Was moving forward, not turning or reversing. That was the point I stopped doing bailing in the game.

So to Giants, since you seemed confused earlier in the thread that there is a problem, there's plenty of problems. I don't mean to be overly critical...but do you have any one in the office that actually plays your game?
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

canadafarms wrote:Yeah no for sure, I see what you are saying. That should be easy for me to test because I have all the crops planted right now so I will use 6 workers to combine only and then I will test using 6 to seed only and see what results I get. I still think it is related to the amount of equipment too because I am doing the same as I have been all along, the only difference is I have more equipment now. Going to try what I said above and see what I find.
You have 6 combines ??? :shock:
A rich farmer unlike myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If my teory is correct 6 workers combining simultaneously should create stutter.
But I'm if you set 6 of them to do different jobs then probably the game will crash.
PS5 / FS22