Do you recommend FS15 complete edition?

fenixguy

Re: Do you recommend FS15 complete edition?

Post by fenixguy »

It's the little things about 15 that 17 fixed. No straps for bales, pallets or logs. There's no hand function so you can't pick up small pieces of wood. The wood chipper is awful. I personally think FS17 sounds are one of the greatest improvements of the game: in 15 and previous versions, there is no change in sound if you're running empty or have a 50,000l load on. No 4real mods (if you like those). No animal reproduction. The maps were decent but I always played on modified versions of them (PC). There are more tractors and equipment in 17.

As stated above, I've not played 15 once since 17 came out. But if you want to try Bjornholm or Westbridge Hills, give it a go. I'm not saying that 15 was bad, I just think 17 made a lot of things much better. I thought about it, but I won't be getting it for xbox, especially for the fact that you will not have access to any mods (maps in particular).
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

never go back.... my two cents

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I agree with Cr41g on this one, I ditched FS15 a long time ago, even before FS17 released, not really worth the money. Now, if you are a huge FS fan, like myself, I would buy it just to try it out and see FS's history. :) Totally up to you man.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

I won't go back eighter. LS17 is basically the same as FS15, but with a lot of improvements. You want get anything new or particular interesting with playing FS15 - you get FS17 minus some features. I don't think it's worth buying the old FS version - unlike other games where playing the predecessor is worth playing just because of the great story.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

rasilo wrote:I don't think it's worth buying the old FS version - unlike other games where playing the predecessor is worth playing just because of the great story.
I found the story of FS2011 the best one. They've went down hill from there IMHO. :lol:

Hey, at least there aren't any QTE's implemented yet.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

fenixguy wrote:
rasilo wrote:I don't think it's worth buying the old FS version - unlike other games where playing the predecessor is worth playing just because of the great story.
I found the story of FS2011 the best one. They've went down hill from there IMHO. :lol:

Hey, at least there aren't any QTE's implemented yet.
Never seen that, got a link? :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Erica Von

Post by Erica Von »

Was wondering if he means the gold edition as i have that too.
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

Erica Von wrote:Was wondering if he means the gold edition as i have that too.
If you're referring to the OP he is actually talking about the FS15 complete edition that Giants announced available for purchase yesterday I think. The info about it is under news on Giants main FS page.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Now, if you are a huge FS fan, like myself, I would buy it just to try it out and see FS's history. :)
Now, that is the exact point I'm struggling with.
I've become a huge fan of this game in just 6 months and I want to try FS15 and the different machinery in it.
But, there is this risk. If the graphics, sounds and game play is way below FS17 level then it would be just a bad buy.
But, if the difference is not that much or at least tolarable then it would be a great joy for me.

Now, what would be your comment on this aspect?

fenixguy wrote:I found the story of FS2011 the best one.
I'm surprised that there was a story in FS. What was it?

Erica Von wrote:Was wondering if he means the gold edition as i have that too.
As mountaincowboy mentioned, I mean the newly released FS15 complete edition.
I don't know the contents of the gold edition but complete edition is FS15 + all the DLCs.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Fs has no story line that i know of...
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Guil wrote:I have 15 and haven't played it since the day 17 was released. If you like bailing at all then stay away from 15. The bales are crazy lol and no straps means transporting is "fun" lol.
Lovely, my moderators are telling people NOT to buy our stuff. What are we paying you for???? Oh wait.. we don't.. OK.. go on.

:D

I think 15 is a great game. Yeah 17 is better, but let's be honest, it would be sad if it wouldn't be hu? I personally think the FS15-CE is more for collectors who want to complete their collection or for people who play with their kids and want the most complete experience possible.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Guil

Post by Guil »

Haha sorry I didn't mean it as in it wasn't worth the purchase but it's definitely still fun. I just don't have the time to play anything other than 17. I don't get nearly as much time as I'd like but unfortunately that's life.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I just laughed so hard on Lisertan's post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That was exactly the same thing I thought when I first read Guil's post and that caugth me by surprise.
You usually don't expect that kind of honest comment from a commercial company member but Guil has always commented in the most honest way on that matter. Thank you very very much for that Guil *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

One think is for sure, no company can really advertise a previous product as a better version is already on the market.

But as a lot of people said, it folds up into just personal preference and cruosity to make a decision like that.

Still not sure but there is a strong push in me to buy the FS15 CE.
If I do so, I'll definetly share my thoughts :smileynew:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: You usually don't expect that kind of honest comment from a commercial company member but Guil has always commented in the most honest way on that matter.
And rightfully so. I can't stand when peoply lie. The honest answer is not always the best answer, but I'd rather get a honest one than a great lie. So let's stick to honest answers :)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote:
RODHA wrote: You usually don't expect that kind of honest comment from a commercial company member but Guil has always commented in the most honest way on that matter.
And rightfully so. I can't stand when peoply lie. The honest answer is not always the best answer, but I'd rather get a honest one than a great lie. So let's stick to honest answers :)
Hats off to that Lars :hi: :hi: :hi:

Thanks *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22