What is your Texture Filtering set @ ?

BOOLA

What is your Texture Filtering set @ ?

Post by BOOLA »

I was just playing around with my video card and was wondering what do you guys have for Texture Filtering set @ ?

I am doing very well with my 1060 except now i have a wavy line comes from bottom to up during game play what in the world is this ?
any one know ?
Wir danken allen Moddern für ihre Mods
My_System
b101uk

Re: What is your Texture Filtering set @ ?

Post by b101uk »

I have my AF (anisotropic filtering) set to 16x

AF improves the clarity of textures in the medium to long distance that are at oblique viewing angles.

I would guess the "wavy line" is due to v-sync e.g. being set to "adaptive" or "off" rather than "on" both in-game and within the Nvidia GPU control panel.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BOOLA

Post by BOOLA »

You are right it was the V-sync i had it on off and it was the NVIDIA PHYSX i also turned that off

with both back on every thing is back normal

Just a fast question every time i load a new game with a new map the game takes a little bit to settle in as far as graphics and texture etc

iis this normal ? do you experience this too ?

thanks man
My_System
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

the first time you load a map and move around it, it builds the shader cache, which dependent on the map, your PC, etc can cause very short pauses or frame shuttering as your initially moving around the map for the first time.

you can get a similar effect if you buy a tractor etc you have never purchased before (in any save game) when it loads at the shop, or when you first switch it internal view, and when you first turn the lights on, but in this case it would be a singular short pause upon purchase, upon switch to internal view and upon turning the lights on.

the shader cache can be found at:
C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\shader_cache
which are .sharc file/s, it can be worth periodically to delete .sharc file/s if you change your PC hardware, or if their is a major GPU driver revision change, or if you switch renderer (OpenGL <-> DirectX), or if your experiencing corrupt textures (normally a new .sharc file is automatically made with hardware changes or major GPU driver revisions, but sometimes not), but if you delete the .sharc file/s you will again get shuttering/very short pauses as you move around the map again for the first time or switch to vehicles for the first time.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BOOLA

Post by BOOLA »

@b101uk

Yes, that is exactly what happens, You are the ONE i need to talk to every time i need help :biggrin2:

thanks man that clears a lot of things for me,

Many thanks *thumbsup*
My_System