Trucking Missions?

robert101

Trucking Missions?

Post by robert101 »

I had a thread awhile ago on this issue, and it seemed to be a at a pretty popular idea. It's sort of archived now, but i'm wondering if the developers may consider it. I guess this is just checking in to seem if anyone heard of anything coming our way with it...

viewtopic.php?f=920&t=104214

What it would be, is just having some side work with the AI, and just getting paid money to make deliveries. I think it would add something new to the game.
Guil

Re: Trucking Missions?

Post by Guil »

Interesting idea and I suppose it should be simple enough thing to implement given the missions on fields etc. but I'm not a developer so have no idea how feasible it is. I'll pass it on.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I would love this idea so much. Kind of like the mission board in FS15. Go to it and it says "farmer so & so needs you to haul _________ from ________to ________". And you have to use your own truck & trailer. You could get jobs that require tippers, flatbeds, tankers, log trailers... but you would have to choose missions that you had the equipment for. Not just for trucks either; if you just had a tractor and tipper, you could still get hauling jobs. The bigger the load, the more you would get paid.

I kinda wish the current field missions were like that. Go to a field and see what the farmer needs done but you have to use your own equipment. The farmer would pay for the seed/fert/manure/slurry/etc... but you would provide the hardware. Done right, your entire game could be played as a contractor. Or maybe you have a small cattle operation for yourself and then do contract harvesting, hauling, and field work to really pay the bills.

Obviously, this would be something to include in a future release. I doubt they would want to take the time to implement it in 17.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

That's a great idea! It would be nice if something along these lines would be part of fs19.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

If I understand it correctly, this feature is already in FS16 (mobile version).
I've played it in ios for sometime.
You take delivery of a full trailer from a specified point with your tractor and then take it to the specified sell point.
And you know what is the best part of it? You get all the money from selling that load.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

RODHA wrote:You get all the money from selling that load.
That sounds a bit extreme. :hmm:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
novass

Post by novass »

wow!..I like it..missions using a truck.thats kinda like fs15 missions..I did delivery then only using a tractor with pallet forks..after I earned enouch money, I bought a truck an trailer. put the front end loader on flatbed trailer. made deliveries that way...great idea..I hope it gets done......Chris
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

Trucks are a big part of the game for me. Both the Tatra and the MAN trucks have PTO hookup so I use them a lot. It makes a lot of sense to use them on missions.
Alienware PC.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

I think they had trucking missions in FS13 but it was to deliver your own crop--I never used it because usually looked as if there would never be enough time to fill the mission.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Bootdancer47 wrote:I think they had trucking missions in FS13 but it was to deliver your own crop--I never used it because usually looked as if there would never be enough time to fill the mission.
I dont think they had trucking missions, they had pallet and mowing, fs15 had what you call trucking missions, delivering your own crops, you know how long its been since i played that game? Lol.
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

BigC92 wrote:
Bootdancer47 wrote:I think they had trucking missions in FS13 but it was to deliver your own crop--I never used it because usually looked as if there would never be enough time to fill the mission.
I dont think they had trucking missions, they had pallet and mowing, fs15 had what you call trucking missions, delivering your own crops, you know how long its been since i played that game? Lol.
:biggrin2: You are probably right--it wasn't actual missions as in FS17. I thought it was in FS13 as well because they changed the missions in FS15 from what they were in 13. If I remember correctly-you would get a notice on screen that you could deliver a certain amount of whatever crop they wanted at a sell point and you could deny or accept the offer, but it was selling your own crops to fill that notice--most of the time they wanted a lot more than you had in storage. Heck, that was almost five years ago-and somedays I have trouble remembering what I did just a few minutes before-- the badge of getting older, but not necessarily wiser :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Bootdancer47 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
:biggrin2: You are probably right--it wasn't actual missions as in FS17. I thought it was in FS13 as well because they changed the missions in FS15 from what they were in 13. If I remember correctly-you would get a notice on screen that you could deliver a certain amount of whatever crop they wanted at a sell point and you could deny or accept the offer, but it was selling your own crops to fill that notice--most of the time they wanted a lot more than you had in storage. Heck, that was almost five years ago-and somedays I have trouble remembering what I did just a few minutes before-- the badge of getting older, but not necessarily wiser :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Lol, but your thinking of fs15, fs13 was where the mission that needed to be done, pops up on your screen, click deny or accept, and you had a certain amount of time to get it done, fs15 dont have a timer, you can take as long as you wanted, but the bonus money drops, so i make sure i have alot before i hit accept.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

fenixguy wrote:
RODHA wrote:You get all the money from selling that load.
That sounds a bit extreme. :hmm:
No lies. Although I was also surprised by it, that is the fact.

A similar mission type could really be good in normal series.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

By the show of hands, who here parked there tractor beside the field that was for sale? I for one did.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

Contracting with your own equipment would be great.