Done with this crappy game

Dunage

Done with this crappy game

Post by Dunage »

I have bugs were any new maps I download just stop loading in and I cant play them. I can only see about 100 online games (I have already downloaded the newest version 3 times). I have no idea how to find anyone for an online server that is interested in playing the game anymore.

I would rather go back to my FS15 game... where mods are plenty, they work, and the game doesn't crash.

Just to help out, here are some issues I have with this game:
- I love it when the screen randomly blacks out! This is completely random. It can happen while I am in a tractor, when I get out/in a vehicle, or while I am sitting there and simply turn my mouse to a new direction. It starts as only blacking out the screen when the POV is facing a specific way, but then eventually the entire screen, regardless of first person, third person in vehicles, or simply walking around. The only thing visible is the tire marks on the ground.

- Not loading into single player games. This is a new thing. I tried downloading maps from the farm sim website and they just wont load. The hourglass will spin for a little bit, then just stop. The little helper notes dont move anymore, and nothing happens. I have let it sit like that for 9 hours while I went to work. Came home and nothing. You cant alt/tab out. I need to cntr/alt/del to get out of the game. and then it just states that the game has stopped working. Cool story!

- Trying to make it more life like just made it annoying. I dont want to have to drive for 10 minutes in real time to go pick up new seed and fertilizer. Give me the option to turn that stuff off! Why in the world do you think that is something mandatory that people want? Good thing they came out with mods so I can by-pass that, but still not worth it.

- Lack there of any idea why I cant see online games. I love seeing that I can only view 100/4000 (making this up because I dont care enough to remember) games. Best part is not knowing the reason. I have tried any and all changes to the filtering to no avail. Even better is when I was playing with others online... On a server that everyone else can get on to and search, but I cant find the damn thing. They even turned off all mods just to see if I could find the game... nothing.

As I stated before. I will go back to FS15. I will also be deleting FS17 from my computer since the old game from 2 years ago is a better product. And in case you cared/wondered, I wont be buying anything else from this company.
sootysax

Re: Done with this crappy game

Post by sootysax »

i literally have zero of those problems...
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Well, I'm going to be brutally honest here. If you hate the game so much, then why tell us about it? Just leave, put your copy of FS17 up for sale, and never look back. This game isn't without its issues(But what game isn't?). Which, on a side note, I've never had any of those problems, and it seems to me as if some of those issues could be resolved with a little bit of good old-fashioned effort. In fact, this very community on here is full of some extremely helpful individuals who know far more about computers and the workings of this game than myself, who would've been more than willing to try and help you with your problems. I am deeply sorry that you are unsatisfied with this game. I wish it were different for you. Enjoy your farming on FS15.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Harada

Post by Harada »

No problems at all...love the game!
XBox Series S
Revan

Post by Revan »

Sorry to hear that. but the black screen might be only the mod maps if it does it on the two that came than might want to try and update your video card driver. The second one seems like it would be the map that you have downloaded. You could try removing them and try like goldcrest or the other map to see if it works.
PC & Xbox One
mountaincowboy

Post by mountaincowboy »

It sounds D's like you have some major mod conflicts, when you start a map do you have your other maps active in your mods list? It would be really helpful if you could post your latest logfile so we could take a look and offer some input. If you enjoy the game and want to fix these issues then we are here to lend assistance.
Playing in Pacific Northwest (NE Oregon) on Xbox One and PC.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Maybe you should look at your system. Most of what you prescribe looks more like driver issues than game related problems.
Try a mac...
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
garyst

Post by garyst »

I keep having problems with the Xbox version. Just about every week now I have to do a factory reset of the console just to get this game to play. None of my other games I need to do this. Starting to get really frustrating. Also alot of times the Kuhn dlc won't show up either. I will have to turn off the console and turn it back on to get it to show up. don't use any mod maps and only have one save game using the gcv map. Only using about 25 mods right now. Anyone else experiencing these problems on their console? Can't be my internet connection because my cousin who works for suddenlink internet recently tested my connections and said everything is working perfect.
Jagdedge123

Post by Jagdedge123 »

Yeah, that's sort of the downfall for mods on PC. I heard a You Tuber saying something to the effect that if your game does NOT crash using mods, you're doing something wrong. Idk, that's a whole different ballgame over on the PC.
Jagdedge123

Post by Jagdedge123 »

garyst wrote:I keep having problems with the Xbox version. Just about every week now I have to do a factory reset of the console just to get this game to play. None of my other games I need to do this. Starting to get really frustrating. Also alot of times the Kuhn dlc won't show up either. I will have to turn off the console and turn it back on to get it to show up. don't use any mod maps and only have one save game using the gcv map. Only using about 25 mods right now. Anyone else experiencing these problems on their console? Can't be my internet connection because my cousin who works for suddenlink internet recently tested my connections and said everything is working perfect.
No, i have to say i haven't had any problems on Xbox, even thru the whole prior update debacle..

But to the OP, FS 15 is still a great game, and i still play it all the time.
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

No issues for me like the OP, I use MFS+ and have lots of mods in different folders, and just hoping nothing like that happens to my game
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

I never bother with multiplayer because from what I'd had, nobody lets me in and when I've watched videos all people seem to be doing is making stunt ramps with grass and seeing how high they can jump. I wonder when they ever get any farming done. I've had issues in FS 15 in Career. The background loads more as I get closer due to a render distance thing, bales of hay have vanished from my farm and there's times when my wheat is growing minutes after I sown the seeds and sometimes some of it is delayed. I play the game on Xbox One and Giant's told me something about the console's Specs are not as good as a PC's and that is why these issues are going on. I found that interesting because normally consoles except any game and the PC''s normally need upgrading to meet the correct Specs if they are out-of-date. Giant's told me they got things the best they could. Apart from that I haven't noticed anything else wrong. Other games from other game makers I've known a lot of bugs in. I haven't played FSC 17 enough to compare them both but I'm enjoying Number 15 a lot. The thing that angers me is FS 18 isn't coming to the main consoles or PC, only on hand-held consoles.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

OrcaAmity wrote:I never bother with multiplayer because from what I'd had, nobody lets me in and when I've watched videos all people seem to be doing is making stunt ramps with grass and seeing how high they can jump. I wonder when they ever get any farming done. I've had issues in FS 15 in Career. The background loads more as I get closer due to a render distance thing, bales of hay have vanished from my farm and there's times when my wheat is growing minutes after I sown the seeds and sometimes some of it is delayed. I play the game on Xbox One and Giant's told me something about the console's Specs are not as good as a PC's and that is why these issues are going on. I found that interesting because normally consoles except any game and the PC''s normally need upgrading to meet the correct Specs if they are out-of-date. Giant's told me they got things the best they could. Apart from that I haven't noticed anything else wrong. Other games from other game makers I've known a lot of bugs in. I haven't played FSC 17 enough to compare them both but I'm enjoying Number 15 a lot. The thing that angers me is FS 18 isn't coming to the main consoles or PC, only on hand-held consoles.
Well that's true. Different PC's have different specs, and some can play better than consoles, and some can't play the game at all. I don't why Giants would have told you that. That's why if you go to Steam, people continually give their specs, and ask if they can play the game, where on console the game may already be out.
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

garyst wrote:I keep having problems with the Xbox version. Just about every week now I have to do a factory reset of the console just to get this game to play. None of my other games I need to do this. Starting to get really frustrating. Also alot of times the Kuhn dlc won't show up either. I will have to turn off the console and turn it back on to get it to show up. don't use any mod maps and only have one save game using the gcv map. Only using about 25 mods right now. Anyone else experiencing these problems on their console? Can't be my internet connection because my cousin who works for suddenlink internet recently tested my connections and said everything is working perfect.
I have been having similar xb1 issues. It seems to come and go. My son has similar problems with other games. Resetting the console seems to correct it. It will do this for a few days, then be fine for a week or so. In my experience, it seems to be an issue with the console, not a specific game. FWI, I currently play on American Outback with about 8 mods.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

OrcaAmity wrote: The thing that angers me is FS 18 isn't coming to the main consoles or PC, only on hand-held consoles.
The game is on a two year cycle, PC and consoles in odd years (13,15,17) the mobile game in even years (14,16,18).
PS4