Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Thefisherj

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Thefisherj »

wildberry wrote:
Thefisherj wrote:It might be full on background apps. I have 8gb but thinking of upgrading it to 3200hz 16gb ram
Thanks, but I already wrote I don't have ANY background apps. Why on earth would I have them on a dedicated audio processing and gaming PC when I got my iPad Air next to me?

Anyway, big thank you to Seasons/Realismus Modding team for their help in fixing my issue. And, please, let me know if you want me to test any new missions lua file *thumbsup*
I'm not meaning that you are running background apps some run automatically when start up that might not show up on the desktop check the task manager you will be pretty supposed how many programmes are running
DrunkFarmer

Post by DrunkFarmer »

First, thanks again for this game changing mod.

I'm running Seasons, on Upton, with Gearbox, More Realism, Better Fuel, Slow Refueling, and Hand Brake, AdBlue, and Oil Change by Black Panther. Just for kicks, fired up with no mods on Goldcrest Valley. It's not even the same sim. 100% difference.

All you modders turned this sandbox kid's game into an actual simulation. I hope Giants appreciates you, cause without your contribution I don't see the game selling like it does.
skogseide

Post by skogseide »

hi all :biggrin2:

super great mod! *thumbsup*

does the season mod work with the More Realistic mod?

on advance, thank you kindly! :hi:
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Yes. The SIM station on youtube uses it
Kieran583

Post by Kieran583 »

Question: if I place a placeable shed on a map tht has snow mask on it does that mean tht straw and hay bales won’t rot under the new shed?
Trucker and farmer for life *thumbsup*
Just joined the PC fraternity :gamer:
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Hi RM guys,
I'm wondering if and how it would be possible to have or make a GEO mod for Eastern Canada...
I'd really like to have a weather and growth pattern closer to the location...
I mean, the weather is fairly easy to do... I did it myself quite easily, and daylight is fairly the same as US_MidWest(afaik)...
BUT... The growth pattern, it's quite an headache without any guide, manual, or references about it...
I would even be interested to help anyone or I could try do it, if I had some help to understand it...

Diffrerences with US_MidW:`
No Poplar, Sugar Beets and SugarCane(logic, too cold)
colder spring, ground frozen 'till mid-spring.
Sowing/planting's done in late Spring(grass and grains and Canola) or early summer(Soybeans, Potatoes, Corn and SunFlower)
Wils Grass havested in mid-summer and early autumn
Not sure about the sown grass...
Harvests are in late summer(grains, canola and corn) 'till early autumn(Soybeans, SunFlower and potatoes)
No winter crops(winter is too damn cold!)

Ground freezes in mid-autumn, 'till early mid-spring
Snow: begins in late autumn 'till end of early spring, melting during mid spring

I already registered on slack, I'm living in Eastern Canada, US-NY TZ(GMT -5)

Thanks,
ThaFarmer...
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Not sure what your guys plans are for building on this great mod, but if your are, you might want to add to the length of harvest for corn and soybeans. IRL corn and soybeans dont wither. Ive shelled corn on New Years eve before, during wet falls, where harvest seemingly was never ending,lol. Also we had a couple farmers on our area, where when I would be finishing up spring planting, they would still be shelling corn or cutting beans. Why I have no idea, I guess they had money to burn, Ive never been that fortunate to where I could just leave crops in the field all winter long, or I we would have been broke,lol. What does happen, by leaving your crops unharvested over the winter, is you do lose some yield, more so with soybeans, than corn, but its never a good thing to do with either.
I dont know how programming works, so it might not be even possible to cut yield back, on corn and soybeans, but keep it from withering completely, but if so, it may be something you might consider adding for realism sake. Or just add to the time length of harvest period for corn and soybeans. Its not a huge deal either way, but if possible to program this in, it could add to the realism.

Regardless, if its possible to do or not, what you guys have done to improve FS17, is quite amazing. You took a game, that calls itself a simulation, buts not even close to being a simulation of farming, and you were able to actually make it a simulation of what us real life farmers do, and for that I commend you. I have enjoyed this game so much more thanks to what you guys did for it. I also hope this opens the eyes to the developers of this game, and they take what you guys have done, and build on it for future installments.

Again, great job by you guys, by far this mod, is the best thing to ever happen for this game.
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

ThaFarmer wrote:Hi RM guys,
I'm wondering if and how it would be possible to have or make a GEO mod for Eastern Canada...
I'd really like to have a weather and growth pattern closer to the location...
I mean, the weather is fairly easy to do... I did it myself quite easily, and daylight is fairly the same as US_MidWest(afaik)...
BUT... The growth pattern, it's quite an headache without any guide, manual, or references about it...
I would even be interested to help anyone or I could try do it, if I had some help to understand it...

Diffrerences with US_MidW:`
No Poplar, Sugar Beets and SugarCane(logic, too cold)
colder spring, ground frozen 'till mid-spring.
Sowing/planting's done in late Spring(grass and grains and Canola) or early summer(Soybeans, Potatoes, Corn and SunFlower)
Wils Grass havested in mid-summer and early autumn
Not sure about the sown grass...
Harvests are in late summer(grains, canola and corn) 'till early autumn(Soybeans, SunFlower and potatoes)
No winter crops(winter is too damn cold!)

Ground freezes in mid-autumn, 'till early mid-spring
Snow: begins in late autumn 'till end of early spring, melting during mid spring

I already registered on slack, I'm living in Eastern Canada, US-NY TZ(GMT -5)

Thanks,
ThaFarmer...
Try the Northern Sweden Geo, it sounds like it would fit what you are looking for. Colder winter, and a shorter growing season.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

I tried it, but the sub-artic weather isn't accurate and there's no SB and corn, which are present in Eastern Canada(Quebec/Ontario)...
Eastern Canada is really in the middle between N.SW and US.MW(which is a prairies weather, I think)... it's considered as "temperate", with a VERY wide variety of weather...

I wonder if it would be possible to have a feature like a "weather chart", providing average weather according to the GEO_Mod settings?
Something like a general preview of what we can expect throughout the year.
So when we chose the GEO mod, we can decide if the weather close to what we're looking for.

Maybe in V2.0 or in later version?
Last edited by ThaFarmer on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

skogseide wrote:hi all :biggrin2:

Yes Seasons works with both the MR and MR Gameplay.
Kieran583 wrote:Question: if I place a placeable shed on a map tht has snow mask on it does that mean tht straw and hay bales won’t rot under the new shed?
Yes correct. The snow mask is automatically updated when placing the placeable.
Case1370 wrote:Not sure what your guys plans are for building on this great mod, but if your are, you might want to add to the length of harvest for corn and soybeans. IRL corn and soybeans dont wither. Ive shelled corn on New Years eve before, during wet falls, where harvest seemingly was never ending,lol. Also we had a couple farmers on our area, where when I would be finishing up spring planting, they would still be shelling corn or cutting beans. Why I have no idea, I guess they had money to burn, Ive never been that fortunate to where I could just leave crops in the field all winter long, or I we would have been broke,lol. What does happen, by leaving your crops unharvested over the winter, is you do lose some yield, more so with soybeans, than corn, but its never a good thing to do with either.
I dont know how programming works, so it might not be even possible to cut yield back, on corn and soybeans, but keep it from withering completely, but if so, it may be something you might consider adding for realism sake. Or just add to the time length of harvest period for corn and soybeans. Its not a huge deal either way, but if possible to program this in, it could add to the realism.

Regardless, if its possible to do or not, what you guys have done to improve FS17, is quite amazing. You took a game, that calls itself a simulation, buts not even close to being a simulation of farming, and you were able to actually make it a simulation of what us real life farmers do, and for that I commend you. I have enjoyed this game so much more thanks to what you guys did for it. I also hope this opens the eyes to the developers of this game, and they take what you guys have done, and build on it for future installments.

Again, great job by you guys, by far this mod, is the best thing to ever happen for this game.
Thanks :) We are not affecting yields currently. Have been looking into yield effects like you explain, but the result has not been satisfactory for implementation. There are also some limitations to the way growth is programmed, but lengthening the harvest season would be relative easy to change. Now I don't know corn at all, but are there conditions under which corn actually will wither and what are those?
ThaFarmer wrote:I tried it, but the sub-artic weather isn't accurate and there's no SB and corn, which are present in Eastern Canada(Quebec/Ontario)...
Eastern Canada is really in the middle between N.SW and US.MW(which is a prairies weather, I think)... it's considered as "temperate", with a VERY wide variety of weather...

I wonder if it would be possible to have a feature like a "weather chart", providing average weather according to the GEO_Mod settings?
So when we chose the GEO mod, we can decide if the weather close to what we're looking for.

A weather page is smth we have been discussing, but we have no concrete plans atm for it. There are other features which we would like to include first. There will be changes to weather in 2.0 though, so we will just have to see. :)
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

reallogger wrote:
skogseide wrote:hi all :biggrin2:

Yes Seasons works with both the MR and MR Gameplay.
Kieran583 wrote:Question: if I place a placeable shed on a map tht has snow mask on it does that mean tht straw and hay bales won’t rot under the new shed?
Yes correct. The snow mask is automatically updated when placing the placeable.
Case1370 wrote:Not sure what your guys plans are for building on this great mod, but if your are, you might want to add to the length of harvest for corn and soybeans. IRL corn and soybeans dont wither. Ive shelled corn on New Years eve before, during wet falls, where harvest seemingly was never ending,lol. Also we had a couple farmers on our area, where when I would be finishing up spring planting, they would still be shelling corn or cutting beans. Why I have no idea, I guess they had money to burn, Ive never been that fortunate to where I could just leave crops in the field all winter long, or I we would have been broke,lol. What does happen, by leaving your crops unharvested over the winter, is you do lose some yield, more so with soybeans, than corn, but its never a good thing to do with either.

Thanks :) We are not affecting yields currently. Have been looking into yield effects like you explain, but the result has not been satisfactory for implementation. There are also some limitations to the way growth is programmed, but lengthening the harvest season would be relative easy to change. Now I don't know corn at all, but are there conditions under which corn actually will wither and what are those?
ThaFarmer wrote:I tried it, but the sub-artic weather isn't accurate and there's no SB and corn, which are present in Eastern Canada(Quebec/Ontario)...

A weather page is smth we have been discussing, but we have no concrete plans atm for it. There are other features which we would like to include first. There will be changes to weather in 2.0 though, so we will just have to see. :)

Thanks, for the reply. I wondered if it might be difficult to code. Really with corn and soybeans, it would take quite a bit of time and extremely poor winter conditions, high winds, and a lot of snow, before it would come to a point where it wouldnt be worth harvesting, especially when dealing with corn. Corn would need to be practically flattened due to high winds, and be covered by snow for a very long period, before you would say, well lets just plow it under, it aint worth the trouble of harvesting, and then volunteer corn would be a nightmare to deal with. It wouldnt take quite as much damage, before you would just say heck with it, lets plow them under, but I had friends who took over a farm in April, thats till had soybeans on it, and he got the combine out and harvested them, and they made 38 bushels per acre, which shock us both,lol.

Now this is also basically Central Indiana, so while we do have some bad winters, but its anywhere near like what say, Michigan, Minnesota, etc have to deal with typically.

Even if you guys cant do something like this, what you have done, is amazing, so I just hope you guys are enjoying playing and not working on the game all the time :biggrin2:
gnillo

Post by gnillo »

reallogger wrote: Yes Seasons works with both the MR and MR Gameplay.
Rahkiin wrote: MR is possibly compatible, the MR gameplay mod is not. The MRgameplay mod is a separate mod _because_ the changes don't play with Seasons.

hmm... different opinions? :confusednew:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

gnillo wrote:
reallogger wrote: Yes Seasons works with both the MR and MR Gameplay.
Rahkiin wrote: MR is possibly compatible, the MR gameplay mod is not. The MRgameplay mod is a separate mod _because_ the changes don't play with Seasons.

hmm... different opinions? :confusednew:
We’re both right :D :D

Seasons is not conflicting with MR gameplay, but some things in MR gameplay is overwritten by Seasons. So I’d say it less reason to use MR gameplay when using Season. However, I know some still do. MR gameplay is mostly game balancing afaik.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

Notice a very neat but strange thing when playing seasons on new map Estancia Lapacho
Some times you get snow in second part of winter some times in 3rd and here is really neat part some times you DO not get snow at all just goes back into spring. :biggrin2:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

abslayer wrote:Notice a very neat but strange thing when playing seasons on new map Estancia Lapacho
Some times you get snow in second part of winter some times in 3rd and here is really neat part some times you DO not get snow at all just goes back into spring. :biggrin2:
I assume you are not playing with the Paraguay GEO are you? If not the weather will not match the map, but will be more like southern England with colder winters (which is how we modeled the weather in default Seasons). Link to the Paraguay GEO:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017