Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Mobias

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Mobias »

Does this also mean we'll get some new weather effects on console too? New sky box to go along with it?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Thanks for the nice comments :)
Bungle wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 pm So we can download the individual area weather systems? Or is it going to be based on where each map originates?? Uk, Germany, Poland etc.....? J
The GEO mods will also be released so you can choose what environment you want to play in.
Mobias wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:36 pm Does this also mean we'll get some new weather effects on console too? New sky box to go along with it?
The new weather effect is snow :D Same as on PC. Sky box is by map, not part of Seasons.
Furryshrimp

Post by Furryshrimp »

I have a question are all the console maps Seasons ready or will they need another update on them, brilliant work to all concerned in bringing this to console ☺️
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Furryshrimp wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm I have a question are all the console maps Seasons ready or will they need another update on them, brilliant work to all concerned in bringing this to console ☺️
The console maps will need updates. That being said it is perfectly possible to use Seasons on maps that are not Seasons ready. In that case it is mostly that snow will fall inside buildings and that bales will not rot no matter where they are placed. The rest (i.e. most of Seasons) works as it should. :)

Edit: see this info on TWC from BulletBill: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... ns#p950819
Last edited by reallogger on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

reallogger wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:44 pm
The new weather effect is snow :D Same as on PC. Sky box is by map, not part of Seasons.
Ah ok. I remember BulletBill saying the West Coast custom sky box couldn't be made to work on console, so its obviously a different issue.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

WOW.. !!! this more than makes up for the Barbies Playhouse DLC !!

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

So not that it matters but will it require a new save game? I just started the Valley and am on 18hrs in. So new game is only a small pain.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

And also mind blown
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That is just phenomenal :surprised2: :surprised2:

Thank you and hats off for Realismus and Giants *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :hi: :hi:
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Beanbrother wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 pm So not that it matters but will it require a new save game? I just started the Valley and am on 18hrs in. So new game is only a small pain.
It will not require a new save game. When starting on an existing save game you will be asked whether you want to reset fields. If not, there might be some crops that will not grow or will suddenly wither. To be on the safe side, harvest all fields before you start Seasons on an existing save game.

Edit: There is an issue we are aware of though. If you use Seasons and then want to stop using it, the savegame might not load without Seasons.

Also, it is important to us that you report any issue you have with Seasons on console. So we can fix them :D
Last edited by reallogger on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I was not following this thread or gathering any information on how seasons works as it was supposed to be impossible on consoles.
Now, I will have to learn everything from scratch.
And I will do it gladly :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 pm I was not following this thread or gathering any information on how seasons works as it was supposed to be impossible on consoles.
Now, I will have to learn everything from scratch.
And I will do it gladly :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
Sounds good. Remember there is an ingame manual and also a manual on our website (link in my signature) ;)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks for the tip reallogger :hi:
I've been playing FS17 since it's relase but now I'll start to play another game :biggrin2:
That is going to be amazing. Need to take some off time from work.
Like a couple of weeks I guess :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

My mind has been blown with the Seasons on consoles... I already spend too much time playing this game and keep telling myself I will eventually get bored with the game as I did on FS15 on console, but the hard work of Giants and a Great community of Modders keep me enthralled with the game. This update will come at a perfect time, right before the holidays when I may find some extra time to play. Thanks all for making this happen!!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

reallogger.... Is the manual downloadable or printable ?
Last edited by cr41g_1965 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2