Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
j_maybury

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by j_maybury »

I don't know if anyone has asked this;.....But is there any chance that we may at some time see hedges that can grow so that they need to be trimmed back in mid-summer?
Something like that would be pretty neat.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I was playing with an idea to add an extra dimension to the economy and a "seasonal effect" ...

Would it be possible for you guys to add an extra individual farm expense for "heating" and implement/combine this with the placeable heating pant (or a modded version of it).
Instead of getting a cashback from feeding this heating plant ... add a "feeding bar" to it ... and as long as you keep it "feed" the heating cost will be zero ...
Maybe the need to create heat could rise according to your animal stock!?

During the warm period the heating plant wont need as much attention as in the winter time.
This would give me a purpose to do forestry for other reasons than just making money ... and also something more to do during winter.

Just an idea ... :smileynew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

W1der wrote:I was playing with an idea to add an extra dimension to the economy and a "seasonal effect" ...

Would it be possible for you guys to add an extra individual farm expense for "heating" and implement/combine this with the placeable heating pant (or a modded version of it).
Instead of getting a cashback from feeding this heating plant ... add a "feeding bar" to it ... and as long as you keep it "feed" the heating cost will be zero ...

During the warm period the heating plant wont need as much attention as in the winter time.
This would give me a purpose to do forestry for other reasons than just making money ... and also something more to do during winter.

The upkeep of the farm includes heating costs, so you would have to lower the cost of the farm upkeep, or you would be paying twice for fuel.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

W1der wrote:I was playing with an idea to add an extra dimension to the economy and a "seasonal effect" ...

You want to work forestry: there's many placeables you can have from Marhu.net, but the site is in german(I used Chrome's G-translate extension to translate).
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

"You want to work forestry: there's many placeables you can have from Marhu.net, but the site is in german(I used Chrome's G-translate extension to translate)"
marhu.net uses uploaded.net for hosting. it only lets you get 1 mod every 3 hours. which i found annoying
dutchman063

Post by dutchman063 »

Are we suppose to be harvesting crops when the color on the graph is showing yellow or dark orange?... Im at the end of fall with one more day until winter and my graph is still showing yellow.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

dutchman063 wrote:Are we suppose to be harvesting crops when the color on the graph is showing yellow or dark orange?... Im at the end of fall with one more day until winter and my graph is still showing yellow.
According to Game Extension mod, yellow is 100% growth. Harvest away! :)
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Shadow250 wrote:
"You want to work forestry: there's many placeables you can have from Marhu.net, but the site is in german(I used Chrome's G-translate extension to translate)"
marhu.net uses uploaded.net for hosting. it only lets you get 1 mod every 3 hours. which i found annoying
Do not download from other sources... Believe me I tried, all are corrupted in someways...

I know it's annoying, but it's better to wait and get what you want than download from the other sources and having lots of problems...
W1der

Post by W1der »

OK ...
I see the new version of the mod on the hub ... where is the information on how to proceed if I want to change to this one ... what to do, what not to do?

New savegame ... or will it work if I install it on my old savegame?
If possible to update the old savegame ... when would be the best time to do this (what will happen when I do it / how will the current savegame behave)?

The icon for the old and new mod looks the same!? ... this can be very confusing ... :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

You download it, delete the old one, and use this on your savegame :) No need for a new savegame.
The release notes say it is 100% compatible :)
mattbrun12

Post by mattbrun12 »

Just wondering about the US Midwest GEO, what area are you considering for that? Because Sugar Beets are grown in Minnesota.
FS19 / PC
W1der

Post by W1der »

Rahkiin wrote:You download it, delete the old one, and use this on your savegame :) No need for a new savegame.
The release notes say it is 100% compatible :)
Only reading the info on the hub, that is not the impression one gets ...

But thanks for the info ... I found you official release notes here ... https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ersion-110
... so I am good! *thumbsup*
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

These new geo mods look great. Are there any plans for a New England/ South Quebec geo mod in the future? Also is the previously released Germany geo compatible with new version of seasons? I have been using it on old stream and it is great but I don't want to have to start over with new save.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

@w1der, darn, forgot about that. We will see if we can arrange something with pfreek to get that removed.

Yes, the previously created versions of GEO are compatible still.

We are professionals here: savegames will keep working for at least every 1.x version of Seasons, as will GEO mods and STMs.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Also ... what about removing the old version from the hub when you are at it!?

I have a question about animals ... it seems as if my cows (and sheep) stables are "automatically cleaned" during night time on the map I am playing ...
Is this working as expected?
I bought a Lely Juno for this, but it seems as if I wont be needing it :confusednew:

I admit that I have not been able to keep up with this thread, so I apologize if this already has been covered!

(Edit: My Lely Juno is full of snow ... how do I get rid of it? ... :lol: )
Last edited by W1der on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.