Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
theSeb

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by theSeb »

Yes, do you have the latest patch installed? Do maps load without any other mods?
phillipjürgen

Post by phillipjürgen »

:hmm: i dont have the newest patch, i thought seasons would run without that. if seasons isnt in the mod folder , the map loads without any issue and i can play.
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Thats your problem you need latest patch. Many mods need it.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yeah I'd say most require the latest patch
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
phillipjürgen

Post by phillipjürgen »

ok thank you for attention.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I'm into my third or fourth year on Dreistern Hof with seasons and it's fantastic. I'm using six day seasons since the map is so small, although I could probably get by with three. Gives me a little more room to breathe.

I have noticed, though that it takes a long time for my grass to begin growing. Any grass that was there through the winter before, I mean. Whether it's on a field or around the edges of the field, it stays on Harvested into late spring or early summer. Right now I'm on day five of Spring (so, the first day of Late Spring) and it's still showing as harvested. I planted wheat, barley, canola a day or two ago as the soil temperatures were high enough, and they are showing the first stage of green. I planted a little grass in a field that I made and it's showing green as well. In years' past I got one fully-grown cut, then one cut that's on the first day of harvestable during the last day of fall.

Is this the correct behavior? Is it better to cultivate and replant the grass fields each year?

Fantastic mod, by the bye. I was just about done with FS, but this kept me on it. If it weren't for mods and modders - all of you - I would have stopped playing a long time ago.
Playing on PC
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

My grass doesn't appear to be growing right either. Maybe it's the minimap state that's messing me up. I was thinking we should he able to get two full cuts and a partial. Could be it's ready to cut before I think it is.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

i am running on a 3 day season, worked fine for the first two years, but year three i had snow on the ground until about 2pm mid spring. i am really scrambling trying to get my crops in now. is this common or a possibility or did i fast forward too much?
Gaming PC
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

They recommend against too much fast forwarding but other that that I don't know. Any idea what the temp was? Did it get warm enough to melt the snow earlier?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Weather changes between a set of parameters every year but also there are a few issues related to fast forwarding that we are busy fixing for the next update 1.1 coming soon.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yeah how can we tell if grass is ready to cut?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Smith Modding wrote:Yeah how can we tell if grass is ready to cut?
I think this problem is in vanilla game too. At least in minimap yoi cant see any info about grass. Only way to check it is go to the field and look if its ready.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Ragman wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:Yeah how can we tell if grass is ready to cut?
I think this problem is in vanilla game too. At least in minimap yoi cant see any info about grass. Only way to check it is go to the field and look if its ready.
Grass is not selected on the minimap by default.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Preble is correct, you have to select the grass on the minimap for it to show, and it will give you growth/harvesting stages (as well as make the map look really weird.) Took me forever to figure that one out.

Played a little longer last night and got to the first day of Early Summer (Day one of Summer.) Now, all the grass on fields that I planted in years' past as well as all the other grass on the map is at First Stage of harvestable. However, the grass that I planted this Spring (just a couple days ago) is now back to harvested.

If I'm doing six day seasons, it seems to me that I should have roughly 15 days worth of growing grass - give or take - from mid spring to the last day of autumn. One full cut and one half cut doesn't seem quite right considering how fast grass grew in the vanilla game. Maybe my expectations are skewed since I'm used to getting three full cuts and one smaller cut of alfalfa IRL.

SEB: the only fast forwarding that I am using is the ingame 120x to finish out a day when I have nothing left to do and then the Skip Night that's part of Seasons.
Playing on PC
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

How do you get the Skip Night to work? I press Alt+N when I'm walking and it never works
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-