Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Shadow250

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Shadow250 »

Did you guys release an update? my mods screen within the game says there is an update available but it still says version 1.0.0.0
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

hey just wanted to put it out there, now that I know how to check, I have been, and the lonestar v2 that I recently dl'd, said that it was masked. I checked and it is not. well I only looked at the main barn at the main farm, and there is snow on the floor. good thing I now know how to do it myself
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Shadow250 wrote:Did you guys release an update? my mods screen within the game says there is an update available but it still says version 1.0.0.0
No, we haven't. But maybe giants guys did something. I'll try to find out what happened.
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

Case1370 wrote:
chuckGnades wrote:
Case1370 wrote:

Thanks, unfortunately thats what I figured would happen. Hopefully fairly soon there will be some good American maps set up for the Season mod, until then I guess I will stick with Dusty Cove.
lonestar v2 from American eagle modding is an American map, and a pretty good one, that is fully optimized for seasons. the snow will not be inside ur buildings

Thanks, I thought about that, but it dont have a BGA if I remember correctly. Not that I use the BGA all that much, but I do like having it as a option, even though here in the US, or atleast not where I farm in Indiana do we have something like that, but we do have ethanol plants where we sell our corn too.

Id really like to see County line have season mod added to it, but the bad thing about County line is you cant cut any trees, and while we dont actually do much logging here in my parts, we do spend a lot of time cutting back fence rows that are grown up, as well as clearing out woods so we can farm that land, oh the trees huggers will like that comment,lol. Im hoping at some point to see a good Midwest map come out, that has all options available. Until then I have to say Dusty Cove is a impressive map.
I was wrong about this map. The version I have does not have a snow mask. I know how to verify now. My mistake
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

Seb... Is it safe to say that a map which has been masked properly, will be in snow mode with snow tracks on, as soon as u load it up? Unlike say gcv which is set to single layer ext. When u look at the seasons menu
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yup. I've also posted console commands to check if tree textures change in the compatibility topic in my signature.

You can also check for snow mask by opening the console and then typing ssAddSnow and see if snow goes into the buildings or not

@shadow250, no updates. For technical reasons one of the Giants guys made a change to the file hash itself, so it's showing as update available, but nothing has actually been updated in terms of the mod.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Im on Dusty Cove, with season mod, and I have yet to see a mission, is there not missions with seasons mod on this map? Im 8 days in, and I have check several times on certain fields, and so far there hasnt been any.

Also its been extremely rainy and soil temp still hasnt got to 50 degrees, to plant corn or soybeans, but I saw someone tell a person on youtube, you can plant at any time, it just wont germinate till the temp gets to the right temp for germination. IRL I have planted with ground still being a little cooler than we would have liked, but usually it was only slightly below what you wanted, as we didnt like replanting due to stupidity, and insurance companies arent to inclined to reimburse you for stupidity either,lol.

My log seems clean with no errors, as I thought maybe something was messed up as to why I wasnt seeing a missions, so I dont think its that. I have been skipping thru the night hours, since there hasnt been much to do with just getting started.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I'm playing M
Lossberg with seasons and missions are working fine. Not sure if Dusty Cove has missions or not to begin with maybe it doesn't?
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Preble 818 wrote:I'm playing M
Lossberg with seasons and missions are working fine. Not sure if Dusty Cove has missions or not to begin with maybe it doesn't?

That may be the case, I does show the owner of that land, and HA, with sell price, and just say no missions available at this time. I thought somewhere I saw some say they were doing missions on Dusty Cove, but cant remember for the life of me where I saw that, or even if I did, very possible with all the pain meds Im on, I dreamed it up,lol.

I went to Facebook, which I never do, as Im not into that whole social stuff, and left a question for the maker of the map, hopefully he responds back. I went ahead and deleted the save, and going to start over on it. Im starting to wonder if skipping the night messed something up with it, as earlier in the day, I saved the game after playing and decided to check log since I had added in a new mod, and I always check to make sure there are no errors or warnings. I noticed that there in the log text, it said something about skipping night, and went from 6 missions down to 3 due to this, which made no sense to me. Then I thought maybe skipping the whole night time hours, screwed the missions up.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Well it looks like field missions is set up for Dusty Cove, as I decided to start up a new save game without seasons mod, to check on the field missions and there was none available. Not sure why I wasnt smart enough to try that to begin with,lol. Oh well, Its not so much that I care to do a lot of missions, I just hate seeing baron fields all over the place that I dont own.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

You own more than 10 fields already lol. If you want to own it all fields, change it lmao.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Case1370 wrote:Well it looks like field missions is set up for Dusty Cove, as I decided to start up a new save game without seasons mod, to check on the field missions and there was none available. Not sure why I wasnt smart enough to try that to begin with,lol. Oh well, Its not so much that I care to do a lot of missions, I just hate seeing baron fields all over the place that I dont own.
Seasons works alongside the in game mission system. All we do is block the npc from doing silly things, like planting In winter.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

theSeb wrote:
Case1370 wrote:Well it looks like field missions is set up for Dusty Cove, as I decided to start up a new save game without seasons mod, to check on the field missions and there was none available. Not sure why I wasnt smart enough to try that to begin with,lol. Oh well, Its not so much that I care to do a lot of missions, I just hate seeing baron fields all over the place that I dont own.
Seasons works alongside the in game mission system. All we do is block the npc from doing silly things, like planting In winter.

Thanks, I figured it was probably the map maker took away missions from the map, and it wasnt a conflict with seasons mod or any other mod for that matter after trying the map without seasons mod.

If you were to buy one of the placebale sheds, on a map that is set up for seasons mod, will it have snow in it, or are they covered with the snow mask as well?
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

1992Tadej1992 wrote:You own more than 10 fields already lol. If you want to own it all fields, change it lmao.

It has nothing to do with wanting to own all fields, or even use missions to make money for that matter, its about just having baron fields all the time on fields you dont own, just more realistic if modder left the missions, or somehow, make it so the nonowner fields still were used, but you could use them until you own them. Dont know if that would even be possible to do, and if so it might be rather difficult to set up, as I have no clue on how to mod or even how to get into the GE editor for that matter,lol.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Case1370 wrote:
theSeb wrote:

Thanks, I figured it was probably the map maker took away missions from the map, and it wasnt a conflict with seasons mod or any other mod for that matter after trying the map without seasons mod.

If you were to buy one of the placebale sheds, on a map that is set up for seasons mod, will it have snow in it, or are they covered with the snow mask as well?
We basically add the snow mask automatically to placeables.