Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rbk_3

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Rbk_3 »

theSeb wrote:
Guil wrote:The little I have played with seasons, I found that it gave me time to do other things like removing trees that I had planned for joining fields or even some forestry. It definitely makes you play totally differently. Before I was always rushing to get seeding done nearly straight after harvesting.
Well we've had some people asking for 90 day seasons, which would mean a 360 days year. :mrgreen: :zunge:
Haha that would be nuts! I think 6 day seasons are the best balance for me, at least until I get more fields.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
dutchman063

Post by dutchman063 »

Are there any American maps with seasons and snow mask added yet? all im seein is European maps and they are not my style, and im not familiar enough with Giants editor to add seasons myself.

thanks
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Edit- NVM found it in the XML.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I don't know if this has been covered yet. playing kleinhau and started with a new map so I am in early spring. not much money so I am doing fields for others but is the amount I get for the work worth it? I am trying to reduce the price of the field next to mine but for 44 minutes of planting, I was done in 30 minutes and got 4000e and a time bonus of 0. did another field and time bonus was 0 also. 20 minutes and got 2500euro. seb says longer periods are better but I sure don't know that. if I want livestock I have to bale hay and wrap it. I play hard mode so I don't have much money to buy other equipment I think. will stay on three days and see what happens. might have to not plow or fertilize once per crop. don't know if that is written into the code yet or not. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
W1der

Post by W1der »

The economy is balanced in a new way with this mod (no time bonus, is one of the things that is changed) ... you can borrow more money now ("based on what you own") ... so using this feature is probably the key to advance.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Hultyboy

Post by Hultyboy »

On the first day of spring after the first year I switched from 3 days to 6 days and found out that the cows foodsupply now reached longer than 3 days. Had them almost filled while running the 3 days seasons. Is the required amount of cowfood based to the season rather than the day? Also found out that the income per day selling milk also reduced. Which ofcourse would be natural if that also followed seasons rather than days.

Great mod by the way!
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

W1der wrote:
Just to make sure ... is it the silly misstake that I do all the time ... not using the filters in the menu correctly.
Grass is usually set to OFF by default ... and wont show! ... :this:
Ok now I'm confused, how do I turn it on? I just checked and cannot find anything that indicates that grass growth is turned off.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Achtung Baby wrote:
W1der wrote:
Just to make sure ... is it the silly misstake that I do all the time ... not using the filters in the menu correctly.
Grass is usually set to OFF by default ... and wont show! ... :this:
Ok now I'm confused, how do I turn it on? I just checked and cannot find anything that indicates that grass growth is turned off.
Grass growth isn't turned off, it just doesn't show it by default, I think it's because the nearly the whole map shows as ready for harvest.
On the map where it shows you the different crops you will see on the bottom of the left side grass is there but not highlighted. Click or double click it to highlight it and be expecting a big orange window lol.
W1der

Post by W1der »

The first major misstake I made with this mod involved a grass field.
As the mod was activated and set the growth stage to "0" and the filter for grass was not enabled ... it looked as if nothing was planted on that field.
This was a new map for me with a different texture on the grassfields ... so it did not look as the vanilla fields do when the grass is cut ("which threw me off").
I took my sower over to that field and started planting grass ... I finished half of it before I realized what was going on! :blushnew: :lol: :coolnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

My vehicles need maintenance because of the 30 hours of use , but I can not figure out where to have them maintained. It says in the help area that you can do it at the shop or if you have a placeable garage you can do it cheaper but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it. I am probably missing something that is in plain sight but my eyes aren't seeing it. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. It says to use Alt + R and all it gives me is the option to customize or sell the item. I am playing on Dusty Cove map and it has a garage on the farmstead but the same thing happens there. What am I doing wrong. UGH!!!
Hultyboy

Post by Hultyboy »

Try to go outside of the vehicle and stand on different places around your machine. Eventually you migut get the Alt+r symbol in the top left corner.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Park the vehicle in the workshop area. Climb outside and press left alt and r at the same time.
aklein

Post by aklein »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I don't know if this has been covered yet. playing kleinhau and started with a new map so I am in early spring. not much money so I am doing fields for others but is the amount I get for the work worth it? I am trying to reduce the price of the field next to mine but for 44 minutes of planting, I was done in 30 minutes and got 4000e and a time bonus of 0. did another field and time bonus was 0 also. 20 minutes and got 2500euro. seb says longer periods are better but I sure don't know that. if I want livestock I have to bale hay and wrap it. I play hard mode so I don't have much money to buy other equipment I think. will stay on three days and see what happens. might have to not plow or fertilize once per crop. don't know if that is written into the code yet or not. chas
On Kleinhau no one owns the abundance of grass 'fields'. Take your plow and use the create new fields function and plow up some of the many grass fields on the map around your farm. This will get you fields you can plant crops in with out having to run missions for days on end. Also there is always silage bales to make money. its not as fast since you have to wrap them and store them someplace till they ferment but your still getting good money for them once they do ferment and its not like grass is in short supply on kleinau once it grows.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Bootdancer47 wrote:My vehicles need maintenance because of the 30 hours of use , but I can not figure out where to have them maintained. It says in the help area that you can do it at the shop or if you have a placeable garage you can do it cheaper but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it. I am probably missing something that is in plain sight but my eyes aren't seeing it. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. It says to use Alt + R and all it gives me is the option to customize or sell the item. I am playing on Dusty Cove map and it has a garage on the farmstead but the same thing happens there. What am I doing wrong. UGH!!!
This mod is very useful for doing maintenance:
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... d_id=78180
Hultyboy wrote:On the first day of spring after the first year I switched from 3 days to 6 days and found out that the cows foodsupply now reached longer than 3 days. Had them almost filled while running the 3 days seasons. Is the required amount of cowfood based to the season rather than the day? Also found out that the income per day selling milk also reduced. Which ofcourse would be natural if that also followed seasons rather than days.

Great mod by the way!
With the mod you can normally provide feed for 3 days. But the mod also changes the amount of feed needed per day depending on season length. This is made so 1 animal requires the same amount of feed annually independent on season length. For a 3 day season, filling the through will require more feed than in a 6 day season. So this means if the through was full before you switched from 3 to 6 days, the through will contain enough feed for 6 days with the new 6 day season length. It would be unfair if we removed feed just because you changed season length :) Amount of milk for one cow changes also depending on season length so amount of milk per year per cow stays the same no matter what season length you play.
chaskuchar1 wrote:I don't know if this has been covered yet. playing kleinhau and started with a new map so I am in early spring. not much money so I am doing fields for others but is the amount I get for the work worth it? I am trying to reduce the price of the field next to mine but for 44 minutes of planting, I was done in 30 minutes and got 4000e and a time bonus of 0. did another field and time bonus was 0 also. 20 minutes and got 2500euro. seb says longer periods are better but I sure don't know that. if I want livestock I have to bale hay and wrap it. I play hard mode so I don't have much money to buy other equipment I think. will stay on three days and see what happens. might have to not plow or fertilize once per crop. don't know if that is written into the code yet or not. chas
You can also just give yourself some more money by editing the savegame. Think of this as money left over from relatives, some subsidies for starting the farm etc. Some like to have a bigger farm with bigger equipment. Btw we removed the time bonus on missions on purpose.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I don't consider it fair to give myself more money by editing the savegame. I do know with kleintau I can get the nuggets and get lots of money but I want to play the game as it is. I borrowed all the money I could from the bank. I got 215000euro and then bought the repair shop. fortunately the game has the mower and loader wagon as I begin so grass is a good thing to do. will have to learn to do the silage bales. do they have to be round bales? I want to get some sheep also so I have to feed them. I do think the grass in the loader wagon does not deteriorate so I have to learn how much grass lasts all winter there. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode