Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
DrunkFarmer

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by DrunkFarmer »

Does the amount of sun versus cloudy change how long it takes wet crops to dry? Do wet crops continue drying after sunset?

And FYI, Seasons Mod + More Realistic by Dural + Gearbox Addon + Manual Attaching / Dynamic Hoses = the most realistic, slowed down, laid back, chill farming experience possible. Getting hooked up to a tedder, driving out of my yard, and up a muddy track to a field takes 10 minutes and it's an exercise in patience and cunning. As far from the vanilla base game as anything I could imagine. Well done, modders!
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Nights are more moist than days, and it takes longer to dry crops. As there is no sun.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I don't consider it fair to give myself more money by editing the savegame. I do know with kleintau I can get the nuggets and get lots of money but I want to play the game as it is. I borrowed all the money I could from the bank. I got 215000euro and then bought the repair shop. fortunately the game has the mower and loader wagon as I begin so grass is a good thing to do. will have to learn to do the silage bales. do they have to be round bales? I want to get some sheep also so I have to feed them. I do think the grass in the loader wagon does not deteriorate so I have to learn how much grass lasts all winter there. chas
Many don't consider editing the savegame upon start cheating, but rather just starting the game in a different way than what the map maker intended. Nothing wrong with that. Keeping grass in the forage wagon is a bug from our side so eventually that will be fixed. Instead of the repair shop I really recommend the tool box mod. It is cheaper and you can do maintenance everywhere. Not sure what the best starting strategy is with Seasons actually, but lower the cost and try to earn as much as you can from the fields and animals you have. I find cows being a good source of income as long as you push the productivity high. This means you need a mixer wagon to make TMR. You don't need to make round silage bales, but look closely at what equipment is cheaper. The round baler and wrapper can be pulled by relatively small tractors, while the square baler needs a larger tractor. So I'd believe the most economic way in the beginning is to use round bales. As alkein says sell them when they have fermented. Good luck. :)
DrunkFarmer wrote:Does the amount of sun versus cloudy change how long it takes wet crops to dry? Do wet crops continue drying after sunset?

And FYI, Seasons Mod + More Realistic by Dural + Gearbox Addon + Manual Attaching / Dynamic Hoses = the most realistic, slowed down, laid back, chill farming experience possible. Getting hooked up to a tedder, driving out of my yard, and up a muddy track to a field takes 10 minutes and it's an exercise in patience and cunning. As far from the vanilla base game as anything I could imagine. Well done, modders!
To add to what rahkiin wrote, drying of crops is determined based on an algorithm that simulates:
- relative humidity in the air based on dewpoint and current air temperature,
- solar radiation which depends on suns height above the horison, time of year and cloud cover

What is missing in the game is a proper simulation of wind. So there is even at night a small drying effect. This was added during testing as in mid and late autumn the relative humidity is often quite high and the solar radiation low. So in order to make harvest possible at that time of year, even if you got unlucky with weather, a constant drying effect from wind is added.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I don't know if this has been covered yet. playing kleinhau and started with a new map so I am in early spring. not much money so I am doing fields for others but is the amount I get for the work worth it? I am trying to reduce the price of the field next to mine but for 44 minutes of planting, I was done in 30 minutes and got 4000e and a time bonus of 0. did another field and time bonus was 0 also. 20 minutes and got 2500euro. seb says longer periods are better but I sure don't know that. if I want livestock I have to bale hay and wrap it. I play hard mode so I don't have much money to buy other equipment I think. will stay on three days and see what happens. might have to not plow or fertilize once per crop. don't know if that is written into the code yet or not. chas
Seasons is very difficult. Going with hard mode and doing missions doesnt make any sense anyway. So go normal so that you start with some stored crops that you can sell it very early if the price is right...watch the sell point. And don't do missions.

2nd stop wasting your time with stuff that doesn't get you immediately payment, like making new fields. 3 fields are more than enough with you starting vehicles. You get plenty of vehicles, so sell it what you dont need and but vehicles for forest don't know what else could you possibly do in the spring without crops or grass.

I bought the harvester sampo for 180k(leasing is too expensive), then i leased the stepa for loading longer logs(up to 5 meters). I bought also the transporter for transporting vehicles. Very useful for transporting the harvester and your tipper or whatever you use for loading yours logs.

And hire your workers to do the job on the fields while you working in the forest *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

I made a silly mistake at the start of a new save. After watching reefy's videos I presumed you could plant any crop but it wouldn't grow until the temperature had raised enough. Unfortunately this isn't the case and I planted field 17 on wbh with soybeans so had to do it all again lol.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Guil wrote:I made a silly mistake at the start of a new save. After watching reefy's videos I presumed you could plant any crop but it wouldn't grow until the temperature had raised enough. Unfortunately this isn't the case and I planted field 17 on wbh with soybeans so had to do it all again lol.
Yes, won't work with soybeans and sunflowers. Always check the planting calendar. :search:
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

what about storing hay and straw in the hay loft placeable mod? does that still work or does everything have to be baled due to the rot? btw playing on a map that has added seasons compatabilty
Gaming PC
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

p0wd3rp1l0t wrote:what about storing hay and straw in the hay loft placeable mod? does that still work or does everything have to be baled due to the rot? btw playing on a map that has added seasons compatabilty
In the hay loft placeable mod everything is safe
Guil

Post by Guil »

Does seasons affect working speed of combines? I've started a new game on wbh and the smallest case harvester with right header will only go between 5 and 8 kmph. Any ideas?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Guil wrote:Does seasons affect working speed of combines? I've started a new game on wbh and the smallest case harvester with right header will only go between 5 and 8 kmph. Any ideas?
No we don't affect combines at all. MR does however. Maybe you are using that one?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Sorry what's mr? I'm new to pc lol
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Guil wrote:Sorry what's mr? I'm new to pc lol
Mr = More Realistic mod made by dural. It adds more realistic physics etc etc etc. For combines the speed is determined based on processed volume. So small combine and big header will go slow. See this post for more info:
https://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=195659.0
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I found out very annoying bug on kleinhau...most of trees are not supported. That compatible thing is quite limited i guess.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

1992Tadej1992 wrote:I found out very annoying bug on kleinhau...most of trees are not supported. That compatible thing is quite limited i guess.
Kleinhau is in our category "Maps not optimised for Seasons but working fine".

This is what we have noted so far on this particular map:
Kleinhau- no snow mask and some trees do change when using the console command ssSetVisualSeason, snow falls in winter.

The map/mod compatibility thread: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=113446
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

The new generated weather will be from the GEO mod. That means it would change after about 8 to 10 days.
However, if the GEO also changes growth, it might only properly work after a year, or never, unless you start a new savegame.

See a GEO mod as a configuration of a new Seasons savegame ;) We recommend using them on new savegames only.