Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Preble 818

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Preble 818 »

It needs to he after a certain time. Starts a out being around 2000 in the spring but later in the summer. Turn the help on with F1 if it's off and when you can skip night it will show up there.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Ohh ok thanks Preble. I'll try that next time
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Smith Modding wrote:How do you get the Skip Night to work? I press Alt+N when I'm walking and it never works
It's only available between 20:00 and midnight
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I'm sure I read here that one growth stage occurs per transition, regardless of the season length. So with 3 day seasons you get a growth stage per day, but on 12 day seasons it would be once every four days.
TheSeb said you can get a full cut in early summer, another in late summer and a partial third cut in late autumn, it's on page 20 something of this thread, iirc.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I seem to recall reading that as well, Hairy Bob, and that's why I'm confused. Using six-day seasons I just got my first full cut in Late Summer (day five of summer) and I'm wondering if I'll get another full cut before winter. There was little progression of growth/harvest stages. I was stuck on first harvest stage from Early Summer (day one) through Late Summer (day five) then -bang- last growth stage. Will I get fewer cuts because I'm not using 12 days? That actually makes sense, but doesn't jibe with the vanilla game's grass growth (which you could do, ridiculously, every other day.) I'm just unclear on if it's working the way that it should, or something is amiss.
Playing on PC
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

Smith Modding wrote:Yeah how can we tell if grass is ready to cut?
I usually look for the little white flowers then i know it's ready to mow. If you fast forward it doesn't change so the white and purple flowers is the stage to mow
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
FarmerDigg

Post by FarmerDigg »

On GCV I had grass and straw stored loose in the shed at the cows and silage in the bunker. When winter came the grass and straw was gone but the silage stayed. Is that supposed to happen?
I had changed the the season length from 6 days to 3 days in autum at some point l. Would that have anything to do with it?
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

Any loose straw or hay will deteriorate over time and must be baled so it doesn't dissapear. Grass will always dissapear regardless of wether it is baled or not (unless it is wrapped to form silage) as in real life grass will rot.

Silage is unaffected by seasons (apart from how long it takes to ferment)
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

GCV doesn't have a snow mask unless you edited it. So I'm not sure seasons knows your straw and grass is in a barn.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I thought that if a map does not have a snow mask it wouldn't effect straw and hay bales at all; no rot at all. However, loose hay/straw/grass will disappear in the rain. I've seen that happen when I had some straw on a field and had a rainstorm pass through. On an unedited map, since the straw was in a shed (not sure what shed you're referring to, but I'm assuming it wasn't the hayloft), and it was loose, and rain and snow go right through the roof of an unedited map, I think that it washed away (or whatever.) I think that straw bales would have survived (but I've never tested that theory.) Sounds to me like grass, whether loose or baled, will disappear after two days.
It is recommended that you change season lengths during the winter.
Playing on PC
FarmerDigg

Post by FarmerDigg »

Thanks for the replies everyone!
Good to know there's no problems with the mod just with me and my map
Is there a list somewhere of maps set up properly for seasons (snow mask etc)?
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

viewtopic.php?f=895&t=113446
Second post down, I don't know how often it's updated and it might not be comprehensive, but there's some good ones in there.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
fendt78

Post by fendt78 »

Hi guys. Has the seasons mod been released yet? Dont want to get the stolen one
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes, it's available on giants mod hub. The released version won the mod contest.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Why am I feeding my cows with grass !?
They got plenty on the ground and I see them munching on it all the time ... !!!

This screenshot shows you exactly how stupid this is ...

With the seasons mod ... you guys should change it so that the grass bar is at 100% during the time when there is grass growing on the ground ... and when at it ... why not block the possibility to feed the cows with grass during winter entirely (having the productivity drop to 90%).

Just a suggestion that IMO would make sense ... or am I wrong?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5