Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Case1370

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Case1370 »

Goose66 wrote:Serenity Valley is a nice US map with a ton of extras. Seasons ready too

Where would I find that? I dont think Ive seen it on FS17's modhub. I try to be real careful when downloading from anywhere else, as I have a knack fro screwing up my PC, Im clueless when it comes to using a PC, lucky I ever figured out how to DL the actual game,lol
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Modhoster has it. Make sure you get the 2.1 seasons ready rise of industry version
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
empato

Post by empato »

Case1370 wrote:
TobiHH wrote:Are you on PC or on console. On PC I can recommend "Maverick Farm V5. It`s a 4x map with big fields, a lot of additional productions and fully seasons ready. You can find it on modhoster.

I can also recommend the "Inntal Reloaded" which is a rebuilding of the goldcrest valley. Also lots of productions, but can be handled with smaller and medium sized equipment. You can find it here: http://wowhalli.de/

Im on PC, I saw Maverick farm, but it looks kind of plain, with all square fields, IRL not all of our fields are square, I wish they were,lol. Would really like to see a US map based on the Midwest, and being seasons ready.
I`m not very familiar with this area, as I`m from germany, but maybe the "Old Streams" from BSM Modding is something for you. It`s in the modhub, it`s seasons ready and it has a very detailed landscape.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Goose66 wrote:Modhoster has it. Make sure you get the 2.1 seasons ready rise of industry version
Thanks, I will look into it. Ive had trouble with DL with MH in the past, and screwed up my PC, so Im a little afraid to DL from there. Do you happen to know where I could get Courseplay as well? Ive looked everywhere for it, and the only 1 I seen was the dev version, and it was too complicated for me to figure out how to DL it?
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Drmattymd wrote:
Case1370 wrote:Anyone know of a good American map, that is fully set up for seasons mod? Also the map needs to allow you to cut trees. County line looks good, but as far as I know its not ready for season mod, as it dont have snow mask, and there is no place to sell logs. I dont know why some of the US maps, dont have logging, as we do cut down a fair amount of trees, and especially a lot of trimming trees in fence rows IRL here in the US.
So if anyof you know of a really nice US map, that is set up with snow mask, please let me know? Thanks
UMRV, do a search for it on Facebook

Im not really inot that face book thing, but I will try to pull it up and check this out, Thanks.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

empato wrote:
Case1370 wrote:
TobiHH wrote:Are you on PC or on console. On PC I can recommend "Maverick Farm V5. It`s a 4x map with big fields, a lot of additional productions and fully seasons ready. You can find it on modhoster.

I can also recommend the "Inntal Reloaded" which is a rebuilding of the goldcrest valley. Also lots of productions, but can be handled with smaller and medium sized equipment. You can find it here: http://wowhalli.de/

Im on PC, I saw Maverick farm, but it looks kind of plain, with all square fields, IRL not all of our fields are square, I wish they were,lol. Would really like to see a US map based on the Midwest, and being seasons ready.
I`m not very familiar with this area, as I`m from germany, but maybe the "Old Streams" from BSM Modding is something for you. It`s in the modhub, it`s seasons ready and it has a very detailed landscape.

I DL Old streams a while back, but didnt like how clutered it was, not all of us farmers IRL have our farms look like junkyards, and trash dumps,lol. Plus it just wasnt realistic with grain storage, had these real tiny bins inside a barn, which just really ruined it for me, along with all the stuff laying around. I dont think it was a American map anyway, but other than the things I mentioned and fences and signs not having collisions, the map was pretty good, although it was really small.

Thanks for all the replies, hopefully I can find 1 of these I like, as Im not much on switching maps, especially with seasons mod now, as I prefer to get 1 good map and stay there and slowly build it up realistically like Ive done IRL over the years of farming.
scrivy

Post by scrivy »

Serenity Valley Rise of Production is a great map. Lots to keep you busy with harvest and industry. Keep in mind if you use seasons and use the US geo it does not have sugarbeets growing in the US so that makes the sugar factory on it useless without sugar beets. I just modified the season xml for sugarbeets to match potatoes so I can use the sugar factory.
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

I'm getting better at seasons, it's really not that hard.
"To everything there is a Season
and a time to every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
empato

Post by empato »

No it´s not hard, but gives the game so much more realism. I really love it.
Would not play this game without it anymore.
Kieran583

Post by Kieran583 »

So are grass and crops ready to harvest at the yellow stage on the game map? From reading the manual that's the way it comes across but I want to be sure
Trucker and farmer for life *thumbsup*
Just joined the PC fraternity :gamer:
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

The crops will turn yellow on the map. Grass won't though.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
mike33s

Post by mike33s »

Goose66 wrote:The crops will turn yellow on the map. Grass won't though.
This is incorrect. Grass will turn yellow at the first stage and orange at the second stage. By default grass is turned off in the crops menu, activate it and you can see the current growth state. It can be harvested at either yellow or orange growth state.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Am I right in thinking that you get more yield by leaving it until the final harvest stage (orange)?
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

mike33s wrote:
Goose66 wrote:The crops will turn yellow on the map. Grass won't though.
This is incorrect. Grass will turn yellow at the first stage and orange at the second stage. By default grass is turned off in the crops menu, activate it and you can see the current growth state. It can be harvested at either yellow or orange growth state.

Never knew that ! Thanks for correcting me.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Kieran583

Post by Kieran583 »

Thanks Mike and goose
This is how it reads;
Crops are only harvestable in the final growth state, except for poplar, oilseedradish, sugarbeet and potato. Min forage growth state has not been modified.
- Once a non-root crop reaches the first harvestable stage according to the growth overview in the esc menu, it is ready to harvest. This is the final harvestable stage.

So it was just the wording that makes it hard to work out
Trucker and farmer for life *thumbsup*
Just joined the PC fraternity :gamer: