Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
fenixguy

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by fenixguy »

I don't think so. I read the manual and didn't see any mention of leasing but I could've missed it.

I was following seasons a while during the mod contest but didn't read/realize until today that if you don't repair/maintain your vehicles, they'll start to cut out and eventually die and won't start. That's just fantastic.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

yeah I read the manual and didn't see anything either... my thought is actual purchased equipment may be brought to a minimum if it is seasonal in nature to reduce costs... looks like we will all be playing a brand new game tomorrow... throw anything you think you know out the window..

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Is there a manual that comes with the download? Or is it online somewhere? I haven't downloaded it yet but have watched a couple YouTube videos to get an idea of what it is.

Thanks to Giants for getting this and the Horsch dlc to console players. Will be a big step forward.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

You guys at Realismus modding, deserve major credit, for what you have did to this game. You may be the reason, this game becomes bigger and better, with how game changing the mod you made is. Too see this mod be implemented onto the consoles, is a huge step in the right direction. I play on the PC, but Im happy to see the consoles are getting the Season's mod. My brother will be thrilled to hear this news, since he plays on their PS4. IMO, Giants should compensate you guys, because this is a true game changer not just in the Present time, but also future versions. FS19 should see a major step forward in realism, with what you guys have did. Congrats!
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:13 pm yeah I read the manual and didn't see anything either... my thought is actual purchased equipment may be brought to a minimum if it is seasonal in nature to reduce costs... looks like we will all be playing a brand new game tomorrow... throw anything you think you know out the window..
Leasing cost are unchanged in Seasons. But sell price is changed as you will play many more days for each harvest than in vanilla. RL data gathered to make the algorithm for sell price.

I’ll also use this opportunity to make new users aware of our blog. We have written several about the background of Seasons and more will be written. See for instance this one on maintenance and repair in Seasons:
https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2 ... epair.html
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Alright PC guys that have played with seasons: what season/year length do you use? Why?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

If you cannot login to your forum account, just clear your browser cache.

Btw, I have a question for realismus.
If I'm not mistaken, tomorrow only Giants maps (GCV, SOSNOVKA and ESTANCIA) will be seasons ready right? Mod maps should be updated for seasons?
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:20 pm If you cannot login to your forum account, just clear your browser cache.

If I'm not mistaken, tomorrow only Giants maps (GCV, SOSNOVKA and ESTANCIA) will be seasons ready right? Mod maps should be updated for seasons?
Yes and yes. But no problem to play on maps that are not prepared. Might be some texture issues and will be snow inside buildings.
Ramuthra500

Post by Ramuthra500 »

reallogger wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:38 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:20 pm If you cannot login to your forum account, just clear your browser cache.

Yes and yes. But no problem to play on maps that are not prepared. Might be some texture issues and will be snow inside buildings.
I thought snow wasn’t as deep or heavy when using a map not optimized.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

First off...this is awesome! I play and have my farm perfect on goldcrest, I'm understanding I can use seasons on it but your saying that snow will pile up in barns and such? And is this snow moveable on the ground with equipment?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Snow is only 1 layer yes. But I believe maps will be updated fairly quickly. On top of the 3 maps from Giants, Agrovation by Niggels and Katsuo is also prepared.

There is a help menu in the game itself. Last page of the ingame menu.

Goldcrest is completely prepared. No issues whatsoever, also on console. Yes you can move snow around and make big piles or move it with a tipper. It does start melting when it gets warmer though!
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:15 pm Alright PC guys that have played with seasons: what season/year length do you use? Why?

Im at 15 day per season now, but I plan on going up to either 18 or possibly 24 days at some point. When 1st starting out, there isnt a lot to do, so going over 15 days to start can get boring, as I always start up small, and build my way up. I also always leave time speed at 5x, but if things are slow, I will be speed up time, and then I do skip nights. About the only time I would skip nights, is if I happen to be running behind during planting or harvesting, or weather is going to be bad that next day, I wont skip nights. Its how Ive always done things IRL on the farm, so I play FS17, the way I do my farm IRL, to keep things realistic as possible.
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

I rarely post on here but this is great news and deserving of a barny post lol. Great job guys and a big thank you *thumbsup*
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Rahkiin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 pm Snow is only 1 layer yes. But I believe maps will be updated fairly quickly. On top of the 3 maps from Giants, Agrovation by Niggels and Katsuo is also prepared.

There is a help menu in the game itself. Last page of the ingame menu.

Goldcrest is completely prepared. No issues whatsoever, also on console. Yes you can move snow around and make big piles or move it with a tipper. It does start melting when it gets warmer though!

So do this mean GCV and Sosnovka on PC is now setup with snow mask? I have been playing on both maps with Season's mod, and just had snow turned off, so if they have snowmask on them now, does that work with current saves on those maps? I have put so many hours on them, Id hate to start over, but I do prefer having snow, as long as the maps have snow mask. Thanks