Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
aso95

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by aso95 »

Changed the season length from 3 days up to 6 days. Same issue. As it transitions into late summer, the crops are all auto-harvested.
aso95

Post by aso95 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 pm You dont have to wait for the temperature to be right as long as youre in the right planting season
That could be what my issue is. I will try that out. Thanks.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm having an issue: 9 days per season, no geo, The Valley The Old Farm.

I've planted Corn and Soybeans somewhere between the 7th and 9th days of spring certainly before the first transition night at the 9th day.

They were shown as darkest green in the map on the 3rd day of autumn and I was expecting them to turn into ready to harvest (yellow on the map) with transtion night on the 3rd day of autumn.

I'm now on the 4th day of autumn but they are still at the darkest green. Transition definitely happened because my sugar beets turned into ready to harvest (red on the map).

So, what do you thing is my problem? Does a transition also happen in between the days? May be they will be ready on the 5th day?

Thanks for the help in advance :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Sounds like they're just not fit yet. Seasons does add a growth stage, so it's entirely possible for corn and soybeans to take until late autumn to be harvestable.
The good news is that you can forage harvest the corn in it's dark green growth stage, so you're not forced to wait for that.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I know I can but I need that field for grain. Trying to complete pig food.
I didn't understand what you mean by "seasons does add a growth stage"?
If you mean planting the crop too early yes they wait on the darkest green till the calendar time for harvest comes but that is not where I stand.
They've completed their growth cycle and season calendar is on their harvesting time.
PS5 / FS22
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:06 am I'm having an issue: 9 days per season, no geo, The Valley The Old Farm.

I've planted Corn and Soybeans somewhere between the 7th and 9th days of spring certainly before the first transition night at the 9th day.

They were shown as darkest green in the map on the 3rd day of autumn and I was expecting them to turn into ready to harvest (yellow on the map) with transtion night on the 3rd day of autumn.

I'm now on the 4th day of autumn but they are still at the darkest green. Transition definitely happened because my sugar beets turned into ready to harvest (red on the map).

So, what do you thing is my problem? Does a transition also happen in between the days? May be they will be ready on the 5th day?

I don't think its a problem.

I'm sure I had the same thing happen when I was playing on GCV. No Geo. 9 day seasons.

I had to wait until the very end of autumn before the soybeans got to the harvestable stage.
Planted soybeans in late spring, was able to harvest late autumn.

A bit like when I normally plant early spring Wheat or Barley. It's normally ready early autumn.

So I chalked it down as a normal thing to happen. Half a year before you can harvest your crops.
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I did harvest early spring wheat and barley in late summer. Didn't need to wait for autumn.
I don't think that is normal. I hope someone from Realismus can comment.
PS5 / FS22
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

The extra growth stage is in dark green (2 stages=dark green). Use wopstr and you'll see.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

So, you say 5 growth stages instead of 4?
Never noticed that. It should be that %83 stage I guess.
I'll check it out. Thanks.
PS5 / FS22
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Plant early spring harvest early autumn
Plant mid spring harvest early/mid autumn
Plant late spring harvest 5/6/late autumn
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:06 am I'm having an issue: 9 days per season, no geo, The Valley The Old Farm.

Hi,

Normally,corn and soybeans planted in late spring (day 7-9) will be ready in mid autumn. However, quite often With default the soil is not warm enough for those crops to germinate in late spring. Which means that even if you planted in late spring, the crops might not have germinated until early summer. Corn and soybeans that germinate in early summer won't be ready intil late autumn. So question is, what was the soil temperature in late spring?
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

Do pigs have to have straw to survive winter?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Princeguardian wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:05 am Do pigs have to have straw to survive winter?
No they don't. Just keep them fed.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Feal free to create a new thread btw if this one gets too long... :D
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm Feal free to create a new thread btw if this one gets too long... :D
Some of us tried that already.... :smileynew:
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.