Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rbk_3

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by Rbk_3 »

Is there something we can edit in the XML to change the number of days for when maintenance is required? I would like to adjust it to once a year so that I can do it all in winter.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Rbk_3 wrote:Is there something we can edit in the XML to change the number of days for when maintenance is required? I would like to adjust it to once a year so that I can do it all in winter.
No, you would have to rewrite the algorithm in the code.
DrunkFarmer

Post by DrunkFarmer »

Congratulations on the win. You earned it.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Cograts on the win
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Congratulations guys. I know it changed my game drastically for the better. Many thanks.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

Case1370 wrote:
Preble 818 wrote:
Case1370 wrote:I seen where this mod works for the default maps. And there is 1 layer of snow fall, but it dont have the snow mask, so does that mean when it snows, the snow will be in the buildings since there is no snow mask? Hopefully that makes sense,lol. Just curious exactly what the difference is between a map with snow mask added, and a map without the snow mask?
Yes there will be one layer of snow only and it will be inside all the buildings. Other than that it works just fine for most maps.

Thanks, unfortunately thats what I figured would happen. Hopefully fairly soon there will be some good American maps set up for the Season mod, until then I guess I will stick with Dusty Cove.
lonestar v2 from American eagle modding is an American map, and a pretty good one, that is fully optimized for seasons. the snow will not be inside ur buildings
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

W1der wrote:
Achtung Baby wrote:Been playing with 12 days per season, not quite finished one year but it's been fun so far. One thing I need to ask, I'm currently in mid spring and cannot mow grass anywhere on the map, I've planted grass in a field but it doesn't register... says the field has nothing planted. Do I need to wait a few days for the grass to grow?
Just to make sure ... is it the silly misstake that I do all the time ... not using the filters in the menu correctly.
Grass is usually set to OFF by default ... and wont show! ... :this:
All I had to do was wait, the grass on the field and around it was growing... but not at the normal rate we has become accustomed to.
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Congrats on the win.

Also have a couple of questions (may have already been answered though.)

Playing on Dusty cove and it still rains IN the buildings. Does this affect keeping straw/hay dry? I know the snow mask stops snow in the buildings...buy why not rain?

Also if I edit the map (in the map01.xml file) so I don't get "price drop" when selling pots and beet. Will this affect the seasons economy?

Plus anyone done a chart on the best time (for price) to buy and sell animals yet?
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I sincerely hope Giants will embrace the concept the Seasons mod has provided, and how popular it has been since its release is the best indication of that.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Congrats!

So what exactly does winning entail for you guys? You get to help giants develop DLC, is it?
PC: 9600k/1080ti
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

I found a bug with the seasons mod and I cant get ahold of the mod creator, when you plow your fields and you go a little past your field boundary the grass gets destroyed and does not grow back to replace that grass at all.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Rbk_3 wrote:Congrats!

So what exactly does winning entail for you guys? You get to help giants develop DLC, is it?
Much more than that. There's some real goodies for winning https://www.farming-simulator.com/modCo ... age=prizes
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

baltic1284 wrote: when you plow your fields and you go a little past your field boundary the grass gets destroyed and does not grow back to replace that grass at all.
Yes. This is already fixed and will be released in the next version
baltic1284

Post by baltic1284 »

theSeb wrote:
baltic1284 wrote: when you plow your fields and you go a little past your field boundary the grass gets destroyed and does not grow back to replace that grass at all.
Yes. This is already fixed and will be released in the next version
Ahhhh ok sweet didn't now I will wait till then.
Pierre@89

Post by Pierre@89 »

congratulations guys !

your awesome work is rewarded ... thank you so much