Seasons mod.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
aklein

Re: Seasons mod.

Post by aklein »

If the hay bales get wet before they are stored under a masked location they will rot. it they never get wet they will not rot.

Now I have an interesting thing that happend to me and i am looking for clarification. This is with the released version of seasons so version 1.0.

It was the last day of autumn. It rained in the morning and thus I had wet crop until about 8pm. running at the crazy 15X speed i had very little time to mow, tedder and bale up hay before winter. I decided to mow while the wet crop was still displayed. Once the wet crop went away I started tedding the grass and it changed to hay. Then I made a windrow with the big Kuhn Swadroo from GTX so its like 6 mower widths into 1 windrow. I got one windrow done on field 14 GCV before midnight it. I knew that I would lose the 1 layer of grass and hay that was on the field that I didn't get into a windrow at midnight but I also lost the windrow of hay. it just disappeared a few minutes past midnight as I moved into day 1 of Winter.

Did the windrow of hay disppear because of some global action with seasons that removes all cut grass and hay that is not in bale form from the field even if it is in a windrow? Did it dissapear because the grass was cut in a wet condition even though it was able to turn into dry hay after the wetcrop went away? If its the later why would I have lost a huge windrow vs it being reduced in size but still there? I have seen a windrow of grass be reduced in size after midnight as I was baling and wrapping into the night so I was not expecting it to totally go away at midnight except it was also the transition to Winter.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We remove all swath when winter starts. I am seeing if we can improve that. We did this for snow to work.
W1der

Post by W1der »

One of my questions still remain ...

If "wet crop" is disabled in the menu ... will the bales and such still rot?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

"Wet crops" effect is detailed in their manual...
https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ay/weather
It affects only windrows of grass(can't turn into hay) and harvest(can't harvest if moisture % is too high)

Please read their manual it's very detailed...
W1der

Post by W1der »

ThaFarmer wrote:"Wet crops" effect is detailed in their manual...
https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ay/weather
It affects only windrows of grass(can't turn into hay) and harvest(can't harvest if moisture % is too high)

Please read their manual it's very detailed...
Crop moisture

Crop moisture is simulated in the Seasons mod. Rain and hail increases crop moisture, while sunny weather helps to decrease it. An icon will show on the screen when the crop is too moist to harvest crops (shown below). When crop is moist it is also not possible to turn grass into hay by using a tedder. Crops will dry faster in summer than in autumn, both due to lower temperatures in autumn, but at this time of year there is also much less solar radiation. At night crop dry very slowly (as of yet there is no modelling of wind). This will mean that if you are unlucky and experiences a late afternoon shower in autumn, you might not be able to harvest before next morning after sunrise some time.
Excuse me for being stupid ... but please tell me where this is covered in the manual ... :hmm:
It says nothing about this as far as I can tell!?

If applying logic to this ... with the wet crop feature disabled ... the hay or straw never is effected by the rain ... and should not rot ... or !?

The manual is really good at explaining the basics of the mod ... but it does not cover everything in detail.
But hey ... I can do what I am used to do ... I go and make a test and find out for myself ... *thumbsup*

Also ... I guess the manual will be updated ones the new version of the mod is out there?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

I'm pretty sure that if it's not mentionned in the manual, it's because bales aren't affected by "wet crops", unless I have missed something in my game...
I haven't seen my indoor(inside masked shed) straw and hay bales being affected by rain 'till now...

As far as I can tell:
Indoor:
- straw bales don't rot
- hay bales don't rot
- loose AND baled grass will rot
- Silage bales(wrapped grass) will not rot

theorically, based on reading
Outside
Hay and straw bales will rot only after it rains
Loose AND baled grass will rot
Silage bales(wrapped grass) will not rot

In tippers(theorically, based on reading):
Grass, hay and straw will rot
W1der

Post by W1der »

Theoretically ... that might be correct ...
Theoretically ... they might have forgotten to include this in the manual.

With the current version of the mod and the way I have my bales stored for winter ... I made test and I am good, they are all there when winter has passed.
With the new version of the mod ... I guess I will have to find out ... :smileynew:
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

the moisture option is just about if stuff is wet during rain, or also needs to dry after it rained. So if you can harvest just after the rain stopped or not.
W1der

Post by W1der »

OK ... so even if this feature is disabled ... the bales will still rot if stored incorrectly ...
Then this is settled ... thank you for your reply! ... :)
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

- Adjusted distance limits for tree growth
Could someone from the team elaborate? As I understood, currently (v1.0) trees 10+m apart can grow to full length.
1. Has this been increased or decreased in v1.1?
2. In case its increased - what happens to my planted trees that are 10m apart and before(!) v1.1 already grown to full length? You won't nerf those?!

Oh, btw - could you add better message on "grass cannot be fed during winter". Right now I think on one map (Snetterton? cows) I got nothing (F1 menu had "Unload" but nothing happened when I tried) and on another something like "grass not accepted here".

PS. Seasons mod rocks!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

W1der wrote:OK ... so even if this feature is disabled ... the bales will still rot if stored incorrectly ...
Then this is settled ... thank you for your reply! ... :)
Yes, bales will rot. There was a bug in the contest version around this, which has been fixed.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

IseOlen wrote:
Could someone from the team elaborate? As I understood, currently (v1.0) trees 10+m apart can grow to full length.
2. In case its increased - what happens to my planted trees that are 10m apart and before(!) v1.1 already grown to full length? You won't nerf those?!

Oh, btw - could you add better message on "grass cannot be fed during winter". Right now I think on one map (Snetterton? cows) I got nothing (F1 menu had "Unload" but nothing happened when I tried) and on another something like "grass not accepted here".

PS. Seasons mod rocks!
Grass not accepted here is not a message from Seasons. The map maker did not add grass to the trough.
Last edited by theSeb on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I am playing old stream farm which stores grass and straw in the silo. will be hopeful that the straw won't decrease in weather events. and I have the buy bales mod. I am storing them at the shop until I use them to find out if they are ok. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

IseOlen wrote:

PS. Seasons mod rocks!
Trees planted at the default 10 m distance will still grow to fully grown (stage 6). Stage 2 is the first cutable stage.

In version 1.1 you need more than 2.5 m distance to reach stage 3, 4.5 m to reach stage 4, 6.5 m for stage 5 and 9.5 m for stage 6.

Trees already planted, even at shorter distance than 10 m, will not be reduced in any way with this update.
W1der

Post by W1der »

reallogger wrote:
IseOlen wrote:

PS. Seasons mod rocks!
Trees planted at the default 10 m distance will still grow to fully grown (stage 6). Stage 2 is the first cutable stage.

In version 1.1 you need more than 2.5 m distance to reach stage 3, 4.5 m to reach stage 4, 6.5 m for stage 5 and 9.5 m for stage 6.

Trees already planted, even at shorter distance than 10 m, will not be reduced in any way with this update.
This is so awesome ..
It means that you can plant your own forest and make it look more "natural" with trees that grows to different stages ...

If you plant a bunch of trees really tight ... and wait till they are "fully grown" ... come back and cut a few of them out ... will the others start growing again ones the spacing is changed?